tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, that boss is meant to be fought before the Eye of Cthulhu after all :D

And the world generation must have been on his end, because it is for certain fixed in the 1.1.2 update.

Here is my planned progression:
Desert Scourge
Eye of Cthulhu
Eater/Brain
Skeletron
Wall of Flesh
Slime God
Mechanical Bosses
Calamitas
Plantera
Devourer of Gods
Golem
Jungle Dragon, Yharon
FogBound
Lunatic Cultist
Moon Lord
Tyrant King, Yharim
Is this three potential planned boss leaks? :O haven't heard of FogBound... Hmmmmm...

Also, if you're planning on having Devourer of Gods as a pre-Moon Lord fight, you may want to change its description to reflect this. Wow, it's actually supposed to be fought post-Plantera, pre-Golem now?? And Calamitas pre-Plantera?? From what I've seen of these bosses I'm not so sure whether these locations are accurate, but I'd have to experience them first to be certain.

About lore:
-If the oceans had been dried up, there would be no oceans (and there clearly still are)
-Is the Lunatic Cultist's ritual really for summoning Moon Lord? All the Lunar Events only occur after killing him - hinting that the Cultists were the ones stopping it from happening. Well, either that, or the Cultists dump it on you as punishment.
-I haven't heard of a curse that transforms you into three mechanical eyes. I understand part of the plan likely involves making new sprites sometime, so I'll let it slide. Sorry I'm not any good at spriting (but on a side note, I am a decent coder, though not experienced in C#).

Is this three potential planned boss leaks? :O haven't heard of FogBound... Hmmmmm...

Also, if you're planning on having Devourer of Gods as a pre-Moon Lord fight, you may want to change its description to reflect this. Wow, it's actually supposed to be fought post-Plantera, pre-Golem now?? And Calamitas pre-Plantera?? From what I've seen of these bosses I'm not so sure whether these locations are accurate, but I'd have to experience them first to be certain.

About lore:
-If the oceans had been dried up, there would be no oceans (and there clearly still are)
-Is the Lunatic Cultist's ritual really for summoning Moon Lord? All the Lunar Events only occur after killing him - hinting that the Cultists were the ones stopping it from happening. Well, either that, or the Cultists dump it on you as punishment.
-I haven't heard of a curse that transforms you into three mechanical eyes. I understand part of the plan likely involves making new sprites sometime, so I'll let it slide. Sorry I'm not any good at spriting (but on a side note, I am a decent coder, though not experienced in C#).
I said "sea" didn't I? The oceans are still there because they are wild territory and no one lived there before, but the desert clearly has abandoned homes inside of it.
I also plan to have the Desert/Sea King to move in sometime after the Desert Scourge.

The curse from Yharim (Calamity Ring) was to slowly eat away at the witch's sanity, causing her to perform a transformation spell to grant her more power. Those other two eyes are her brothers (Cataclysm and Catastrophe).

And yes, the Cultist was against Yharim from the start. But again, Yharim's curse was put upon him as well, causing him to go insane. But he was still able to hold his sanity together somewhat, and tried to stop Moon Lord from being awoken. Yharim attacks you after Moon Lord and the Calamity biome are spawned, furious that you destroyed the Celestial towers and prevented the Moon Lord from being fully reborn.

I said "sea" didn't I? The oceans are still there because they are wild territory and no one lived there before, but the desert clearly has abandoned homes inside of it.
I also plan to have the Desert/Sea King to move in sometime after the Desert Scourge.

The curse from Yharim (Calamity Ring) was to slowly eat away at the witch's sanity, causing her to perform a transformation spell to grant her more power. Those other two eyes are her brothers (Cataclysm and Catastrophe).

And yes, the Cultist was against Yharim from the start. But again, Yharim's curse was put upon him as well, causing him to go insane. But he was still able to hold his sanity together somewhat, and tried to stop Moon Lord from being awoken. Yharim attacks you after Moon Lord and the Calamity biome are spawned, furious that you destroyed the Celestial towers and prevented the Moon Lord from being fully reborn.
That's some pretty solid lore there! Great work.

Yharim is starting to sound a little like Cthulu with the sanity deprivation stuff. Intentional?

(Also, I see what you did there with that ring ;)) please let this be a slight LotR reference

Currently playing through the mod right now on a new character and world. I really want that ancient fossil to increase my mining speed.

I also miss my Falcon Boots :sigh:

upload_2016-6-9_17-0-30.png

Aerialite (partially glitched/spawned) into my castle arena thing right after I killed the Desert Scourge. Is it possible you accidentally uploaded the wrong file or something? xD

View attachment 116515
Aerialite (partially glitched/spawned) into my castle arena thing right after I killed the Desert Scourge. Is it possible you accidentally uploaded the wrong file or something? xD

Oh my god. I'll just make the ore spawn similar to the Slime God's instead of using in-game variables. I'll just use (int)(Main.maxTilesY * .3f), (int)(Main.maxTilesY * .8f)

If this doesn't fix it then I'm gonna ask either @Gorateron or @jopojelly for help.

1.1.3 released in the Mod Browser. I feel terrible not seeing these bugs occur in my own worlds.

It makes me feel like I'm failing everyone who downloads my mod :(

Terribly sorry for my own mistakes on ore generation.

1.1.3 released in the Mod Browser. I feel terrible not seeing these bugs occur in my own worlds.

It makes me feel like I'm failing everyone who downloads my mod :(

Terribly sorry for my own mistakes on ore generation.
It's okay! Personally, I don't mind having Aerialite be high up. After all, it's called AERIALite for a reason. But I don't want it generating in my buildings either. ^^; easy fix though.

It's okay! Personally, I don't mind having Aerialite be high up. After all, it's called AERIALite for a reason. But I don't want it generating in my buildings either. ^^; easy fix though.

It's fixed for SURE now. I just ran through a small and medium world on V1.1.3 and NO ore spawned even remotely close to the surface.

Well, I don't know how the generation changes, really, but I was getting it on a large world before.

Well, I don't know how the generation changes, really, but I was getting it on a large world before.

Just tested on a large world too. Killed the Scourge and ran through the entire world. No ore spawn near the surface, only in the lower underground :D

Hopefully this issue can be put to rest now.

Just tested on a large world too. Killed the Scourge and ran through the entire world. No ore spawn near the surface, only in the lower underground :D

Hopefully this issue can be put to rest now.
Good thing it's fixed, because, uh... Calamity kinda just :red:ed me over. Because of the way the ore generated, the ore destroyed a Demon Altar and now the Mechanical Bosses can spawn. Dear god. xD

Back
Top Bottom