tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Yeah. I think, honestly, still with buffs to their stats, the PTC/D bosses should have more of an actual effect through skill instead of just 'make huge arenas and tons of buffs and hope you win', because that isn't really fun. Or, more so, it doesn't really show skill, just that you have enough patience to get through it. That's not how it should work, at least in my opinion.
You can't imagine how much I agree with you.

Running so fast that the boss can't keep up with you is not fighting the boss.

You can't imagine how much I agree with you.

Running so fast that the boss can't keep up with you is not fighting the boss.
To add to what I said, the game that is referenced with Prepare to Die in the first place is NOT an unfair game. Your mistakes are your own.

Anyone else agree that we need an alternative method of spawning bumblebird OTHER tha sitting hours in the jungle just praying for one to spawn? (#TuneSCOneshot)

THE VAULT OF PANDORA
Vault_Of_Pandora.gif

This spawns in your world , and lies within a small Demonite/Crimtane brick chamber located in the center of the world deep under the earth. There you find a ominous Vault. In Hard mode you can Craft a Ancient Keystone (no craft in recipe yet) , after opening the Vault. Tremors and flash of lights happen as the Vault open.

Keystone
Ancient_Keystone.png

Opened Vault-
Vault_Of_Pandora_Opened.gif

After the opening a text appears
You Have Damned Reality ...
Chaos wreaks havoc on the surface...
Upon the surface you face enemies that can even rival Yharims most powerful allies
NOTE: I won't be posting anymore spoilers, I think its better this is a final spoiler before it is actually developed and released

Brood.png
Xalaneth.png
Infurion.png
Helious.png

Last edited:
THE VAULT OF PANDORA
index.php

This spawns in your world , and lies within a small Demonite/Crimtane brick chamber located in the center of the world deep under the earth. There you find a ominous Vault. In Hard mode you can Craft a Ancient Keystone (no craft in recipe yet) , after opening the Vault. Tremors and flash of lights happen as the Vault open.

Keystone
index.php

Opened Vault-
index.php

Note: This spawn sequence would work similarly to initiating a lunar event, The vault re spawn in the chamber if you die in the fight, logout or finish the fight.

BOSS ENCOUNTER:
The encounter consists of four dragons Brood,Infurion,Helios and Xalaneth. All bosses share the same stats but individually have 2 sets of different abilities.

All Bosses have the following stats
Life
Defense
Damage
KB Resist

BROOD- The Vile
index.php

Ability 1: Brood sends forth groups of carrion swarms, coming in contact with them makes the player suffer damage in quick succession ignoring invincibility frames.
index.php

Ability 2: She Belches out Pestilent Bile , homing and exploding on contact inflicting "Wandering Plague"
index.php

INFURION- The Sundered
index.php

Ability 1: Infurion furiously flaps his wings causing a rain of meteors, upon tile contact they spill out fire that lingers on the ground.
index.php
index.php

Ability 2: Charges at the target causing flame torrents to shortly follow
index.php

HELIOS- The Unforgiving
index.php

Ability 1: Helious spawns in 2-3 small Storm clouds that drizzle a stream of damaging rain, occasionally firing thunder bolts at players, lasts for a short duration
index.php
index.php

Ability 2: Helious conjures a orb of plasma standing in place he unleashes a barrage of lighting at the target.
index.php

XALANETH- The Mad
index.php

Ability 1: Xalaneth will always spawn clusters of Void Stars around her to protect her from up close combat, upon contact Void stars will deal heavy damage and cause"Distorted" Debuff
index.php

Ability 2: Xalaneth breaths shadows causing a group of Nether Orbs to hunt the player detonating if killed.
index.php
index.php

NOTE:
I don't want a wall of text crowding the page so I'm gonna post drops and items in a little bit to space out the stuff.
All bosses inflict their respective debuff

Wandering Plague
index.php

Player suffers a 5 damage tick for 30 seconds. If the afflicted is near other targets wandering plague can also spread to those targets.

Immolate
index.php

Players armor is melted by the heat and is scorched causing a 5 damage tick and -25% defense.

Storm Shock
index.php

Player suffers a 5 damage tick , the electrical surge in their bodies also debilitating movement speed by 20%.

Consuming Darkness
index.php

Player suffers a 5 damage tick, the void energy disintegrates your strength weakening you making you deal 10% less damage.
That's a bit of stuff, I should maybe give thoughts on it.
Firstly, the area for the vault, will you get an item that shows where it is? I understand it's in the center of the world, but an item would be nice so people aren't asking where it is as much as they might. Maybe the Keystone could also show the location similar to an information item, except instead of "this far away", arrows would be cool, gives a sense of unknowing.
Secondly, the bosses stats area doesn't show their stats.
Thirdly, the debuffs. All of them do a 5 damage tick(which I assume is 5 damage per second), and have extra effects that, I feel, could use better balancing. The wandering plague is just the 5 damage in single player, but in multiplayer spreads,, and only spreads, which means it's not nearly as much a threat as the other dragon's debuffs. Maybe if you want to keep it only a multiplayer terrible effect, maybe the more players afflicted the more damage per second it does? Increasing by decreasing increments I'd say, so something like 1 player 5 damage, 2 players 9 damage, 3 players 12 damage, 4 players 14 damage, 5 players 15 damage, and it keeps going up by one per extra player. Still not as strong as the other debuffs in single player, but can be a huge threat in multiplayer. Immolate decreases defense by 25%, which at first glance I thought might be too strong but thinking about it, even with 100 defense it's still just barely stronger then ichor, and less of a decrease then broken armor... It might be strong considering it's a boss monster, and seems strong at a first glance, but I think it's fine from thinking on it. Storm shock decreases movement speed by less of a percent then a defense decreasing debuff though? I feel like it'd be better other way around, with more speed loss percentage then defense loss percentage, but it's probably fine. Consuming darkness... I have no thoughts, it's damage decrease is perfectly fine.

Also, it'd be nice if they could rarely, like a 10% chance maybe, drop an accessory that makes you immune to their debuff, or allowing you to inflict the debuff(or both), it'd also be funny if they were weak to their own debuff if you make the accessory deal the debuff, taking double/triple the damage and extra effect, because it'd be ironic.
But you might of already thought of accessories somewhat similar to what I suggested, since you haven't posted drops yet how am I to know.

am i the only one who imagined Andromeda to be another worm boss the first time i heard about it?

also, instead of just adding more health in prepare to die and cry edition, you can add more abilities to bosses! for example, i the Eoc's second form, it can keep spawining minions, but they do more damage and get more health and are summoned more often as the bosses health goes down. and when skeletrons hands are destroyed, as it's heads health ges down, it starts spawning shades or shoots more skulls at once and faster. or skeletron prime's bombs cand seek the player or the arms can regrow over time. I know you can't effect bosses from other mods in prepare to die and cry edition, but it would be cool if this happens!
From what I've heard from absol himself, its kinda difficult to edit a vanilla bosses ai besides changing health values and such, hence why calamity PTD/C bosses have unique attacks (some of them atleast) while vanilla bosses just have health and damage buffs

THE VAULT OF PANDORA
View attachment 161562

Keystone
View attachment 161567
Opened Vault-
View attachment 161563
Upon the surface you face enemies that can even rival Yharims most powerful allies
NOTE: I won't be posting anymore spoilers, I think its better this is a final spoiler before it is actually developed and released

View attachment 161558 View attachment 161559 View attachment 161561 View attachment 161560
Wow, awesome spoiler, those sprites look so damn cool!:happy:

Edit: Is it just me or do the colors of the dragons all correspond with one of the lunar towers

Last edited:
THE VAULT OF PANDORA
View attachment 161562

Keystone
View attachment 161567
Opened Vault-
View attachment 161563

View attachment 161558 View attachment 161559 View attachment 161561 View attachment 161560
For Calamity,or Spirit?

THE VAULT OF PANDORA
View attachment 161562

Keystone
View attachment 161567
Opened Vault-
View attachment 161563

Glad to see some amazing Dragons and sprites :D

THE VAULT OF PANDORA
View attachment 161562

Keystone
View attachment 161567
Opened Vault-
View attachment 161563

Oh my god...I was literally revisiting these sprites the other day and was going to ask if they were ever going to get implemented...and here we are! @Vladimier, you're a god.

Back
Top Bottom