tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Hey mountainDrew! Now, i suck at pixel art, making music, and programing... But, i have quite the mind! If you need ideas just ask me!

Just doing my new playthrough.

Btw @MountainDrew, is it possible to code a way for the Metal Detector (and the combinations following it) to ignore specific modded ores until the time is proper? (e.g Uelibloom ore will not be detected by the Metal Detector unless somewhere around the lunar tier is reached) Just saying this because modded ores seem to take top priority over the ores I actually need, in this case, Uelibloom over Chlorophyte. I went to an area to find Chlorophyte and found both ores, but the Metal Detector seemed to only detect Uelibloom, which can create quite a few problems as it's helping me find an ore that I'm not going to be able to mine for a long time.

Also, I'm conservative on my Spelunker Potions, so that's out of the question.

Just doing my new playthrough.

Btw @MountainDrew, is it possible to code a way for the Metal Detector (and the combinations following it) to ignore specific modded ores until the time is proper? (e.g Uelibloom ore will not be detected by the Metal Detector unless somewhere around the lunar tier is reached) Just saying this because modded ores seem to take top priority over the ores I actually need, in this case, Uelibloom over Chlorophyte. I went to an area to find Chlorophyte and found both ores, but the Metal Detector seemed to only detect Uelibloom, which can create quite a few problems as it's helping me find an ore that I'm not going to be able to mine for a long time.

Also, I'm conservative on my Spelunker Potions, so that's out of the question.
Metal detector is mostly obsolete in Calamity. You can use weapons which produce falling through tiles illuminant sparks to light up area. Such items can be easily obtained from the beginning of pre-hm.

Hey, I just had a quick concern, me and my friend recently found this mod and started a play though in multiplayer, however after watching a few videos on the mod and reading through this forum I get this feeling that even though we activated, Revengeance Mode at the start of our Expert mode world, its not in Revengeance Mode as none of the AI Changes or Revengeance Mode drops are dropping. Just wondering if its something I'm doing wrong or if its something else. Just looking for some feed back.

When did you activate revengeance mode? There was a bug in some previous versions that stopped UseItem being ran on the server, which would probably cause that issue, that's been fixed now, so if you use the item again (either make a new char to get the item, or use Cheat Sheet) it should work fine :).

Alright, well, me and my two other friends completed Calamity in its entirety (At least, up to version .913), and with that being said, our primary critiques revolve around Supreme Calamitus.

The boss fight is largely disappointing, having defeated Yharon and the Devourer in the days prior. The rest of the bosses in the mod had us leaving the fight saying "That was fun." and "Let's do that again.", while Calamitus and the loot the follows with defeating her do not elicit that same reaction.

Off the bat, for every class that isn't Melee, there's no real point to running Calamitus. The endgame Armor doesn't benefit any other class but Melee, and your highest power spike in terms of weapons actually comes from Yharon (Or in Thrower's case, the Devourer). The fact that Summoner don't even get any weapons of their own, while Thrower only gets copies of Melee weapons, is largely disappointing, even if it didn't effect our playthrough, having one Mage, Melee, and Ranger. Things like having the Dance of Light's initial projectile not go through walls, or having the Soma Prime and Contagion, as well as to an extent, the Megafleet, not even compare to weapons such as the Blissful Bombardier which can be obtained much sooner, really put a damper on the rewarding aspect of finally "beating the game". Essentially speaking, the boss fight and a large portion of the mod in general heavily benefit Melee play over any other class.

I'd personally suggest adding some more incentive for any other class to run this fabled "superboss" we'd been anticipating since the start of the playthrough. As I said, Mage, Thrower, and Summoner gain almost nothing from the boss, while Ranger gets a bunch of weapons with lackluster/pathetic DPS. Separate armor sets would obviously be preferable, but more weapons on the side of those weaker classes are also needed. The general consensus among my friends is that the mod should of had some closure around Yharon.

Besides Calamitus, however, we enjoyed playing through the mod immensely and I personally don't see myself disabling the mod anytime soon, should I choose to once again replay Terraria. Calamity has also, in general, revitalized my optimism in installing Terraria mods, as in the past, the quality of mods (and also, the fun-factor of mods) was extremely lacking across the board. Whether or not Calamity is simply an exception to that, I'll discover in the future.
SC is mostly for the challenge, though the items might still be a bit eh at times the armor is now suited for all classes, calamity will eventually have a final boss (yharim) and after him the super bosses (which there will be more of) come after as an additional challenge

SC is mostly for the challenge, though the items might still be a bit eh at times the armor is now suited for all classes, calamity will eventually have a final boss (yharim) and after him the super bosses (which there will be more of) come after as an additional challenge
the armor's already been buffed for all classes now though? And its incrediblt op now??

So where we do we get the items for the waifu accessory? Based on the names of the ingredients, I get the general idea where they come from, and I guess I'm just hoping they're not stupidly rare drops..

I guess I might as well also ask where to get the Sea Shell item for the Absorber? Been grinding the sea for a bit and haven't gotten one (assuming that's where it comes from).

Quick Question, Does this mod work with tMod 0.10? i havent seen anything about it, so sorry if its already been said somewhere.

So where we do we get the items for the waifu accessory? Based on the names of the ingredients, I get the general idea where they come from, and I guess I'm just hoping they're not stupidly rare drops..

I guess I might as well also ask where to get the Sea Shell item for the Absorber? Been grinding the sea for a bit and haven't gotten one (assuming that's where it comes from).
They should drop from Sea Snails.

My game kept crashing when the slime god reach (below) half health.
Since I've installed other mods , they might be conflicting but I gathered lots of items and this is a calamity only boss so I haven't tested in that direction.
please let me know if you need more info i.e. testing in other worlds / with calamity only.

Here is the crash log.
upload_2017-6-18_22-23-15.png

Edit 1 : Thanks for the help from Luiafk , disabling the visual radar mod can solve the problem

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom