tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
This mod is great. Nothing else to say, just finished Expert Revengeance with a mage class, pretty damn hard. My favourite boss so far is the Devourer of gods (It was already hard in expert but why that change in revengeance... it took me 3 days to beat it X_X ) but Calamitas with the new sprite looks amazing (hope you update Supreme Calamitas too). If i can suggest some changes: Nerf the Alpha Ray, the right click completely annihilates the Devourer, and is before Providence, The Subsuming Vortex is just too OP... too much damage and that debuff is absurd. The Purge Guzzler does more damage the bigger is the enemy hitbox, it's supposed to be like that? If i have to give a hint always have a dash accessory, from the start (even if you aren't a melee class) you can use the counter scarf then you can replace it for the Asgard's Valor or the Master ninja gear (just my thoughts). Hope i helped somehow and waiting for 1.2 to come. Keep up the good work.

So I've searched the wiki and tried doing a search on this forum, and youtube but with no luck.

What is Astrum Dues? How do I spawn it? I summoned something called the Astralgedon (kinda forgot how it's spelled but that's what my brain remembers) Slime, thought maybe the name got mixed up and it was the same thing, but I still can't mine Astral Ore, and it isn't checked off on the other checklist mod I'm using.

How do I get stardust? A biome or mob, if so how do I spawn it?

People seems confused about the new astral biome. So the Astral meteor spawn/land after the wall of flesh dies, if you are in the range of the meteor astral mobs will spawn (you can't mine the ore yet) , killing them will drop stardust. Stardust is used to craft the bars later and to craft the summons for 2 bosses. The first one, the Astrageldon Slime, is the easier, it only drops more stardust (no expert item or bag), after killing it, it will spawn another astral meteor. The second one, the Astrum deus, is harder and is post plantera. this one doesn't have a bag but does drop an expert item, after killing the Astrum deus you will be able to mine the comet.

People seems confused about the new astral biome. So the Astral meteor spawn/land after the wall of flesh dies, if you are in the range of the meteor astral mobs will spawn (you can't mine the ore yet) , killing them will drop stardust. Stardust is used to craft the bars later and to craft the summons for 2 bosses. The first one, the Astrageldon Slime, is the easier, it only drops more stardust (no expert item or bag), after killing it, it will spawn another astral meteor. The second one, the Astrum deus, is harder and is post plantera. this one doesn't have a bag but does drop an expert item, after killing the Astrum deus you will be able to mine the comet.
Thank you so much dude, much appreciated :)

while testing calamity in cheat sheet, i noticed that the person who put the bumblebirb had a disliking to it... not sure why it is named um bumblef***, but its not very child friendly?

while testing calamity in cheat sheet, i noticed that the person who put the bumblebirb had a disliking to it... not sure why it is named um bumblef***, but its not very child friendly?

There's also a blood red copy of Muramasa sword called Murasama, A copy/remake of the original boss The Destroyer called "The Devourer of Gods" that says "Don't get cocky kid!" "Did that hurt?" "Nothing personal, kid" and "Are you honestly that bad at dodging?" mid battle, and modes called "Prepare to Die / Prepare to Cry" and "Revengeance"

It's kind of a... "Teenager" heavy mod, but when all of that is said and done, you get a challenging fights that are fair, good scaling and balancing for equipment, its own biome and creatures, a lot of good and unique equipment and weapons, and an overall a challenging adventure.

All and all, even with its quirks and there, the mod team are pretty good at what they do and how they do it, and frequently updates to make the mod even more fun to play as.

So you can easily breathe and get past some of the mature kinks of it because the GOOD of what this mod does outweighs the QUESTIONABLE quirks that it has.

Prepare to Die and Prepare to Cry were removed smh.
WAIT, REALLY?! O-oh god...
So what happens to the world where I enabled it? I just assumed it's permanently still there, so I used my old world with it.
Did something get bunked? Or broken? Is an ore or something missing from the world now?

WAIT, REALLY?! O-oh god...
So what happens to the world where I enabled it? I just assumed it's permanently still there, so I used my old world with it.
Did something get bunked? Or broken? Is an ore or something missing from the world now?

Dunno, no one's really mentioned something about it. Both the modes were removed and essentially replaced with Revengeance Mode. Demon Trophy now permanently increases spawn rate of the world by 1.25x and Celestial Onion grants a bonus accessory slot for Expert Mode.

And the only time a world would be missing ores if is they were using Cloud Save features or if they disabled the mod and loaded the world and saved over it by exiting it.

Dunno, no one's really mentioned something about it. Both the modes were removed and essentially replaced with Revengeance Mode. Demon Trophy now permanently increases spawn rate of the world by 1.25x and Celestial Onion grants a bonus accessory slot for Expert Mode.

And the only time a world would be missing ores if is they were using Cloud Save features or if they disabled the mod and loaded the world and saved over it by exiting it.

Just looked back and updated it, it still worked.
Honestly, I should start making backups of my worlds... Seems like a good general idea if you started modding like me.

Ps. I'm not saying you as in the you, I was just using an old term of you in general. When I read back, it got me confused. Sounded way better in my head... Then again, my head sounds like an old timey radio, so it doesn't help.

The only ore-adding mod that I'm using is Calamity, infact up until recently I only had Calamity installed, but my worlds were created a couple weeks apart with the only common mods being Calamity and Boss Checklist when the world was created.
I am using cloud saves but what is the problem with that?

considering this is the internet, i dont think you should be worrying about a mod developer putting a "nasty word" in their mod to make fun of one of their own creations.

Children of all ages have heard, read, and seen much worse since they've come onto the internet.Consider Youtube, theres far worse content on there that kids are exposed to compared to a single word in a videogame mod that you HAVE to used cheat sheet to even see it. Also considering the fact that its been called that for months and even is mentioned in the Notes section of the wiki, its obvious the devs did it as a joke and dont care, nor should anyone else. :sigh:

Edit: Speaking of which, Drew and the rest of the devs, please dont go removing its silly name from the game files. Its given quite a few, including myself and friends, quite the chuckle when seeing it. Its harmless and does not need to be changed.

Does anyone know if the problem between calamity and tremor is gonna be fixed? Tremor bosses dont spawn when calamity and tremor are both enabled

Back
Top Bottom