tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,586 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Just got this error after closing Terraria and re-opening it for the first time after playing, and I'm not sure if it's a modloader thing or Calamity thing (since it's my first experience with modded Terraria). Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Reinstalled Modloader and was fixed.

Last edited:
on revengeance mode I Cant kill one DoG without killing the first DoG on accident thus the new one spawns another one a the cycle repeats, I have now spent an hour on this or more and I still cant beat him

Keep an eye on which one you are currently attacking on your minimap/overlay map. Never lose sight of it and always remember where it went when it zips off screen. That should help you keep track of them. It also might help if you immediately switch to the second DoG when it spawns, get it down to 50,000 or so health, kill the first DoG, then kill the second.

So I seem to be having the problem where during an event like Pumpkin Moon, all the bosses that spawn such as Mourning Wood become invisible and invincible as soon as they take any form of damage. They just vanish into thin air, but I can still see Mourning Wood or Pumpking's projectiles being shot. Spawn rates also seem to drop considerably (sometimes down to 0 until I fly into space and back), my Nanoblades stop being spawned from Nanotech, and the Elemental Disk doesn't split when hitting enemies. At one point I also lost all movement speed bonuses from my gear but maintained the speed from my Elysian Tracers if I flew for a bit.

None of this was happening until yesterday, despite having the same set of mods installed for over a month. A Wyvern that spawned lost half of its segments when I hit it once, and became unkillable as it had negative HP. I reloaded the world with the "magic storage" mod disabled, and when I encountered a Wyvern it died as normal. Didn't test Pumpkin Moon with Magic Storage disabled, but has anyone experienced any sort of issue using this mod with Calamity? It's just strange because I had no issues until yesterday despite having the mod for a while.

So I played around and it seems to fix itself after a respawn. Let myself die during the event and as I was respawning all the Pumpkings and Mourning Woods reappeared and stayed. Tried it with both mods enabled and disabled with the same results. Dunno if this is a known bug or common problem, but hope that helps anyone who was as confused as me.

Never actually fought Expert EoC (I have watched videos though so I knew his attacks.) Just beat him in Revengence. Not too bad of a fight.

Went to fight EoW. Went poorly.

started modding terraria about fall last year, had a lot of fun with all the mods I've tried, but this one stands up above almost all else. I started initially with Thorium; big, expansive, lot of bosses, good time and a generous one to start with; most stuff is within the difficulty of standard terraria. Then I decided to install Calamity, and boy hell did I have a lot of fun with the two together. But only after the 1.3.5 update that destroyed modding for a time did I really come to appreciate calamity. You guys were one of the first BIG mods to come back online after the rework, patching practically every other day for bugs and the like, you guys were dedicated to getting all systems back to normal.

And then it hit me why when I reinstalled thorium when it caught up to speed, that I liked Calamity so much more and thorium feels so weak...You guys have made it cohesive. You guys made the world meld together; everything has a place, from the lowest desert scourge to the (giant F@!king P.I.T.A) Devourer of Gods. You all made it FIT, nothing makes sense to be in thorium. Hell, you even made the developer grade weapons look like it fits within the world, nothing looks like blatantly out of place in the world.

Dunno really how to end this mess I've typed, so...i guess keep up the good work? You made the worlds I make fit better than really any of the other big mods I've messed with, and none have the consistency this one has kept up with over time.

TL;DR: Calamity is good, 10/10, 5/7.

also minor note, you guys added furniture sets that actually function; i can use smart click to close a door or open a chest, not many can do that. k thats all bye bye

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way to use the armor that adds a random chance for rockets without killing yourself, other than getting good and not firing at enemies so close?

A little help on the leviathan fight? It seems the siren lure can reflect all projectiles, and meleeing something that twitchy is a little difficult. Any advice?

started modding terraria about fall last year, had a lot of fun with all the mods I've tried, but this one stands up above almost all else. I started initially with Thorium; big, expansive, lot of bosses, good time and a generous one to start with; most stuff is within the difficulty of standard terraria. Then I decided to install Calamity, and boy hell did I have a lot of fun with the two together. But only after the 1.3.5 update that destroyed modding for a time did I really come to appreciate calamity. You guys were one of the first BIG mods to come back online after the rework, patching practically every other day for bugs and the like, you guys were dedicated to getting all systems back to normal.

And then it hit me why when I reinstalled thorium when it caught up to speed, that I liked Calamity so much more and thorium feels so weak...You guys have made it cohesive. You guys made the world meld together; everything has a place, from the lowest desert scourge to the (giant F@!king P.I.T.A) Devourer of Gods. You all made it FIT, nothing makes sense to be in thorium. Hell, you even made the developer grade weapons look like it fits within the world, nothing looks like blatantly out of place in the world.

Dunno really how to end this mess I've typed, so...i guess keep up the good work? You made the worlds I make fit better than really any of the other big mods I've messed with, and none have the consistency this one has kept up with over time.

TL;DR: Calamity is good, 10/10, 5/7.

also minor note, you guys added furniture sets that actually function; i can use smart click to close a door or open a chest, not many can do that. k thats all bye bye

I tend to agree for the most part. I do like Thorium because I feel it most closely preserves the spirit of vanilla Terraria, but compared to Calamity, the items are almost all so weak, which is a deal breaker for me because inventory management in this game is hell. Unless Thorium adds a LOT of new content at some point I doubt I'd use it again.

Any tips for the (non revengance mode) brimstone elemental?
I am using the gleaming magnolea with melee reaver armour. (For the defence)

There seems to be a bug for me where I can't get items dropped for normal enemies if I use a modded item. I used my Ark of the Elements for 2 Solar Eclipses and got nothing, but then used an influx waver and started to get loads of loot. Is it just me with bad luck?

The Brackish Flask needs to be nerfed. It one-hits every Solar Eclipse mob, excluding Nailhead and Mothron, which took 3. It made the Golem fight last 30 seconds, and for a Post-Plantera weapon, should not be that powerful.

Back
Top Bottom