tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
the legendary weapons the got a huge Nerf or what ??? because i look at vids and they do thousands of damage but in my game they do like less than 100 damage...

the legendary weapons the got a huge Nerf or what ??? because i look at vids and they do thousands of damage but in my game they do like less than 100 damage...
the amount of damage the legendary weapons do changes throughout the game, so just beat more bosses and their damage will go up.

the amount of damage the legendary weapons do changes throughout the game, so just beat more bosses and their damage will go up.
When/how does that work? I'm past the mech bosses and they're still only in double digits. Does beating the same bosses more than once increase damage? Or do they get a massive bonus further on?

upload_2017-9-22_19-47-31.png

I just messed around in MS-paint and made an alternate vivid clarity sprite. In game I think the crafting materials look cooler than the resulting staff. Which is in my opinion something bad for the ultimate staff. Not the same style as the mod but tell me what you think!
image is 44 x 44 pixels
[doublepost=1506175904,1506175577][/doublepost] Open in paint to see clearly :)

Attachments

• Vivid clarity.png
    Vivid clarity.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 425
I just messed around in MS-paint and made an alternate vivid clarity sprite. In game I think the crafting materials look cooler than the resulting staff. Which is in my opinion something bad for the ultimate staff. Not the same style as the mod but tell me what you think!
image is 44 x 44 pixels
I mean... Well... How do I say this... This sprite... While I know you had the intent of improving the current Vivid Clarity sprite... No offense... But this one isn't much better... Don't get me wrong. It's okay, but it could be so much better than it is now. I hope you understand. I don't mean to crush your hopes and dreams. If it feels like I'm trying to, then I apologise.

The design is nice. I'll give you that much. But the shading needs work.

Never, ever, under any circumstances, use MS Paint to sprite. It doesn't work that well. You can't do transparency with it, which is something that a sprite needs. I would recommend using either Photoshop or GIMP if you have access to them. You can do things with these that you really can't with Paint.

The design is nice. I'll give you that much. But the shading needs work.

Never, ever, under any circumstances, use MS Paint to sprite. It doesn't work that well. You can't do transparency with it, which is something that a sprite needs. I would recommend using either Photoshop or GIMP if you have access to them. You can do things with these that you really can't with Paint.

Don't worry, no offense taken. Might try to refine the design a little. Thanks for the tip on GIMP. I wondered how to make things transparent. Might add a outline since bacically everything else has one :)

image is 44 x 44 pixels
It should have outlines. Otherwise it looks good to me.

Last edited:
You should consider changing the stress system, if you really dont want to remove it then at least make it interesting. Currently as it stands it really is out of place within the game of terraria but not only that it really seems random and tacked on. What i would suggest is keep the system in which you gain and lose stress but change it so that it only changes stats and doesnt give random debuffs which isn't fun imo. What it should do is that as stress goes up the character deals more damage, more than it currently stands, and then for each point of damage increased they take more damage, an example would be that for every 500 stress lets say the character deals 5% more damage, so at 10k it would be 100% damage, and as a result they would take 300% or so more damage, in addition to this there would be things like being unable to use health pots, unable to regen or more regen, and more move speed - There would be more than this but just a few ideas to show that having a glass cannon type build by having an insane amount of stress would be really cool. As the game continues there would be a lot more ways of increasing and decreasing stress, right now there isn't enough to quickly increase and decrease stress. Make it so dying doesnt change stress either, thats just a cheap mechanic to try and fix a broken system it also just makes the entire thing even more tedious when managing stress is just killing yourself over and over.

Maybe have it so stress goes up to 100k and keep everything else the same, this makes it the only real way to get super high stress would be those specific items that directly manipulates it, im thinking like a token item like light and dark, dark increasing stress by 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 after each consecutive use and light doing the reverse. You can also make it slightly easier to lower stress if needed, have just one new system outside of these items to do so.

To add to what i was saying before here are just a few extra ideas - this would also include having stress go in the other direction as well. So you can be both stressed and calm, if calm its just the reverse of what i list below. Its just determining what is balanced and feels good, i think overall this can't go wrong if the numbers are tuned correctly. stress could go from negative 100k - positive 100k.

AS STRESS INCREASES:

Move speed - Increases
Jump height - Increases
Damage dealt - Increases

Damage taken - Increases 3x damage dealt
Health regen - Increases
Mana Regen - Increases
Crit Chance - Increases

Spawn rate - Increases
Knockback - Increases
Enemy Aggro - Increases

Total HP - Decreases
Total Mana - Decreases
Total armor - Decreases - ties into damage taken but they would be split to further punish players with higher armor.
Dodge Chance - Decreases

Buffs depending on stress threshold - there would be the following buffs at certain levels. these are coming from the terraria wiki
- With negative stress - Calm, Ironskin, Builder, Spelunker, LifeForce, Shine, Summoning, Weapon imbues,
- With positive stress - Rage, Battle, Dangersense, Hunter, Inferno, obsidian skin, Regeneration, Thorns, Titan,
- Could be either or - Heartreach, star pick up range

Some of these buffs do tie into the increase/decrease of stress but they would be threshold buffs in addition to the already increasing/decreasing stats so if you were to reach lets say 50k stress you would benefit even more. Either side wouldn't be better than the other, it would just cater to different play styles. There could also be certain buffs that only go one way, so for example it could be that higher stress = higher move speed but lower stress doesn't decrease move speed, something like that.

Back
Top Bottom