Calling SAO fans, recommend me Anime.

Are you a fellow fan of SAO?

• Yes? Good.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No? Not a dirty weab? Why are you here then?

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
This isn't something I would normally post about, but I think it's time to use the time honored words "screw it".

I just finished Sword Art Online. And I really liked it. Definitely my new favorite Anime (not that I've watched too many, recent weab convert). You see, I have discovered, from experiencing a lot of media in all different forms, and observing my reactions to them, I am a bit of a hopeless romantic. That's a large (though not the only) reason I loved SAO. I really liked Kirito and Asuna's relationship. I liked how it wasn't ALL tension, like most fictional relationships. We actually got to see them get that log cabin, and live there together. Most of the time it seems the air's thick enough with tension to cut between two characters, when it's close to the end maybe a kiss, then more tension, then like in the epilogue we actually get to see them in a relationship. For 2 minutes. Sure SAO got a bit weird as far as romance occasionally (looking at you, Leafa), but I really liked that aspect of it.

I don't want to watch a completely sappy awww wuv sort of thing either. SAO also had good action. The combat was skillfully animated and the effects were nice. It mixed the more delicate emotional scenes and the fast paced flashy ones quite well, I think.

In any case, that FINALLY brings me to my point. I need the old wreck o' men dations. If there are people out there with a higher weab skill than me who have watched SAO, wait there's going to be tons of those... if there are any people like that HERE, on a completely unrelated forum, show a man some love and hit me up with some similar high-quality anime. I hope SAO isn't fairly one-of-a-kind in the industry, any more dedicated weabs out there can correct me, but there seems to be a shortage of, well, GOOD anime and I suppose I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, if anybody sees this (which is somewhat doubtful, considering this only fit in a seemingly somewhat obscure part of the forum) FEED M- please suggest anime to me.

235 shows completed so I think I'm qualified to recommend things. Based on your taste, that being romance and action, here is a list of shows you might enjoy. More information on any and all of them can be found on MyAnimeList.

Charlotte
Fruits Basket
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Nagi no Asukara
Nisekoi
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Seto no Hanayome
The World God Only Knows
Toradora
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru

235 shows completed so I think I'm qualified to recommend things. Based on your taste, that being romance and action, here is a list of shows you might enjoy. More information on any and all of them can be found on MyAnimeList.

Charlotte
Fruits Basket
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Nagi no Asukara
Nisekoi
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Seto no Hanayome
The World God Only Knows
Toradora
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru
Oh man thanks Matsu. I thought this was already lost in the thread abyss. You've made me a happy weab.

Finished Charlotte. And it couldn't have been over more too soon. That was a good anime. Thanks @Matsu. Maybe it had some problems with the flow in places, and maybe the last episode just should have been a second season, but it had a hilarious first episode that set a very lighthearted mood which served to allow for an excellent Doki Doki turnaround at episode 6 which triggered my DDLCPTSD very hard. Shame there was so much closure in the last episode, indicating they won't make a second season unless they just really want to milk the last drops of money out of it which would probably ruin it anyway. The last episode just should have been one, again. All together Art Style is >9000 because it looks exactly like SAO, character personalities are a 9.05, story is a 7.2133, and overall a 9.7. Not a ten because Tomori and Yu didn't get that good Kasuna closure.

Moribito; Guardian of the Spirit (amazing narrative quality, action too, many spiritual and moral themes present)
Quanzhi Gaoshou (The King's Avatar) (it's dubbed in Mandarin, but the action and animation quality is superb)
Log Horizon (definitely your go to alternative to SAO)
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri (other world anime, but some weird themes of nationalism there, some might even be a little offensive)
The Deadly Seven Sins (great action, but the lechery scale between the male mc and female is completely out there, also slightly annoying mascot character)

Hail the second Glorious Benefactor, @General Qi. Your gloriousbenefactorship is appreciated. Also on a side note I have already had the pleasure of watching the Seven Deadly Sins and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have a few you might enjoy.
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Mob Psyco 100
Ghost in the shell
Cowboy Bebob
Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun
Samurai Champlu
Joker game
Those are all the ones I can think off at the top off my head, I hope you enjoy at least some of them.

My Hero Academia (Check)
One Punch Man (My 1# Favorite Anime)
Mob Psyco 100 (PTW)
Ghost in the shell (PTW)
Cowboy Bebob (Watching Right Now)
Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun (Check)
Samurai Champlu (PTW)
Joker game (Hadn't heard of it. Thanks.)

My Hero Academia (Check)
One Punch Man (My 1# Favorite Anime)
Mob Psyco 100 (PTW)
Ghost in the shell (PTW)
Cowboy Bebob (Watching Right Now)
Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun (Check)
Samurai Champlu (PTW)
Joker game (Hadn't heard of it. Thanks.)
Add assassination classroom, kakegurui, high rise invasion, the promised neverland and angels of death in the list too it's hella fun :>
it can be found in netflix

Back
Top Bottom