Want?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

00Banshee00

Skeletron
So, like I said in the title, links are near impossible to find in certain themes(especially in the crimson theme), unless you are actively searching for it.
For example:

Crimson:
Bm3a4OQ.png

Jungle:
y48MJOK.png

So, what I'm suggesting is that you should change the color of them, so that they are visible.
(Example:
ciFBNmt.png
. This is more better)

I know, most of you will say just change the theme, but, what if we like that theme? What if it suits our style?

Thanks for reading and commenting,
00Banshee00

I had no trouble seeing them and as far as I know this would take a good amount of work to implement. I know it's the obvious answer but...just change the theme if you are having trouble.

I always try to bold and underline and/or color change my links to be crystal clear.....but yeah, I don't know how hard that would be to change. That is a Crowno or Skiphs query

I always try to bold and underline and/or color change my links to be crystal clear.....but yeah, I don't know how hard that would be to change. That is a Crowno or Skiphs query

I can tell you that it should be a super, extremely simple change to make (finding what color to replace with is a bit different). A good way to explain it is like this:
Steve has a pack of colored pencils and a piece of paper.
Steve writes part of a message in pencil on his paper.
Steve decides his next word needs to be a different color so it can stand out.
Steve grabs the black colored pencil.
Steve writes the special word with the black colored pencil.
Nobody knows that word is special because it blends in with the regular pencil.
To fix this, Steve should instead use a different pencil (maybe a green one, or a yellow one, or a blue one, whatever Steve wants, but definitely not a white one) to make his special word stand out.

I don't know why I wanted to do it like that, but something about writing it like that is very amusing.

I'm also now tempted to just randomly place links in some of my messages and forcefully color them the same color as the text around them. Nobody will know the link is there, but I'll know it's there.

I'm also now tempted to just randomly place links in some of my messages and forcefully color them the same color as the text around them. Nobody will know the link is there, but I'll know it's there.
And now I am searching your post for hidden links...

So, is this suggestion a yes, no, or maybe?

I am going to bring this up again because I've found that especially in comments, this is hell.

07381218a0.jpg

If you are telling me you can instantly tell which word in this comment is a hyperlink, you're lying (and no, Kazzymodus doesn't count ;) ). It's 'prohibits', and it's slightly darker than the surrounding text. You only see it if you know it's there, and if you saw it before, it's because you were looking for it.:happy:

I get that I can underline stuff or make it bold or italic (although bold barely works in comments anyway), but in most cases (including this one), it could just be interpreted as emphasis, and I don't see many people tracking text with their cursor as they read.

For what it's worth, I still think Everest was spot on when he said it was as simple as changing a hex value. Was this ever looked in to?

Last edited:
I am going to bring this up again because I've found that especially in comments, this is hell.

07381218a0.jpg

If you are telling me you can instantly tell which word in this comment is a hyperlink, you're lying (and no, Kazzymodus doesn't count). It's 'prohibits', and it's slightly darker than the surrounding text. You only see it if you know it's there, and if you saw it before, it's because you were looking for it.

I get that I can underline stuff or make it bold or italic (although bold barely works in comments anyway), but in most cases (including this one), it could just be interpreted as emphasis, and I don't see many people tracking text with their cursor as they read.

For what it's worth, I still think Everest was spot on when he said it was as simple as changing a hex value. Was this ever looked in to?
I'll look into it.

If it's style property within the ACP, then I might be able to modify to make it look more noticeable. If it involves actually digging into code - only Skiphs has access to that, and it would have to await his availability to look at it.

Colors usually are hex values in code - finding the correct location of said hex value is the issue.

Last edited:
It's also probably worth mentioning you could use the chrome extension called 'stylish' to overlay the forum link CSS with something more readable.

It's also probably worth mentioning you could use the chrome extension called 'stylish' to overlay the forum link CSS with something more readable.
My issue isn't as much not being able to see links as it is other people potentially not being able to see mine.

I agree that the Stylish solution doesn't really address the issue, it only affects what you see.

The ability to have BB code in profile comments is an add-on to the basic Xenforo package that we have, and was added in after the site was launched. So, there were no style property sheets created for that capability. Therefore, it would require Skiphs/Crowno to fix this now.

If we can ever get to the point of being able to update to the current release of Xenforo, then I believe this will fix itself, as profile comments will become full-fledged posts, and the add-ons for BB code and 'likes' will no longer be needed.

This would be a convenient addition. On numerous themes the hyperlinks are unfathomably complicated to read, whether it's the Jungle theme or the Crimson theme. It could be a tedious hour's—give or take—work for a simple implementation, but it's something I can imagine a lot of the TC forumgoers would appreciate. In my case, I'm all for this, I hope this happens big time. Perhaps underlining, emboldening, italicizing, or what-have-you, would distinguish the links from the themes, but not everybody is going to remember this and take the time to change the lettering every time.

Back
Top Bottom