PC Character deleted after installing tmodloader manually.

PROTEC

Terrarian
So I screwed up. I didn't care to read the rules on how tmodloader installed and well, I guess I'm paying for it now.

Basically what I did was I couldn't utilize the installer that comes with the mod once it is downloaded. So I did what the README file said and just simply dropped the new tmodloader files into my terraria game for steam. So I opened up terraria as usual to find that the mod loader had indeed been installed, but my character and all the worlds were deleted. I then figured "okay well I guess I'm going to have to start from scratch." so I created basically a new character under the same name as my old one, "TR115".

Now here's the weird part. I was gonna go ahead and cheat in order to get some decent gear as I do not have connection to steam where I live, henceforth my friend is unable to help me out by giving me some starting gear. This one website, which i will not name, allows me to get the files for my character and add items and gear to my character. The only thing it requires is the ".plr" files for your character so that you can customize their load-out. I decided i would give this a shot with my new character to see if it worked and uploaded my ".plr" file under Libraries/My Documents/My games/ Terraria/ Players. I noticed that I had three different files in there. The first one was a simple folder labeled "TR115" (again "TR115" is my character name). Underneath the folder lay two different other files. They are "TR115.plr" and "TR115.plr.bak". I did what the website told me and uploaded my "TR115.plr" file. To my honest surprise, it was my original TR115 character, not the new one that i had made with the mod.

Now im not sure on this, but i assume that the "TR115.plr.bak" file is a backup of my original TR115 character. I found this odd considering i never backed up my terraria stuff, but I managed to somehow still have the files for all the old worlds /maps and my old character. This included all the gear on my character, the items in his inventory, the safe inventory, piggy bank, and all the items within my maps.

I tried to simply rename the file for "TR115.plr.bak" as "TR115.plr", but nothing happened. When I access the properties for the files, there is no option to restore these files so that I may be able to play the game using my original TR115 character. I do not want to have to download some bull:red: software in order to restore these files. But if anyone has any suggestions other than what I have already tried PLEASE tell me.

Thank You! :3

-PROTEC

tModLoader saves worlds and players separately from vanilla worlds and players. Vanilla worlds and players can be ported to tModLoader worlds and players simply by copying over save files. Modded content is saved in files separate from .plr and .wld files, so you can also port modded players and worlds back to vanilla at the cost of losing your modded stuff.
The tmodloader saves are in My Games\Terraria\ModLoader

what? i need help with this and lost everything i had :(
tModLoader uses different Player and World folders, so installing tModLoader for the first time shows those Players and Worlds, which are empty. Uninstalling tModLoader will show your vanilla Players and Worlds again.

what? i need help with this and lost everything i had :(

tModLoader uses different Player and World folders, so installing tModLoader for the first time shows those Players and Worlds, which are empty. Uninstalling tModLoader will show your vanilla Players and Worlds again.

Creeper is half right When you lose everything you must go to Documents/My games/Terraria/Players and copy the character you want's PLR file then go back to Documents/My games/Terraria/ and open Documents/My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Players and paste the character's PLR file into the Players folder on the modloader folder

Guys, one tip: before installing Tmod loader, rename Terraria.exe to another name and then install tmod loader. You launch the original .exe to normal terraria and the other one to modded terraria, so you would not need to mix the worlds and characters

I'm having the same problem but when I go into my games then terraria then players, the player im trying to recover isnt there its like it was just deleted from my files!

I'm having the same problem but when I go into my games then terraria then players, the player im trying to recover isnt there its like it was just deleted from my files!
Is your player in the cloud? You can check by going in-game and checking what the cloud button below their image says. If it says "Move off cloud", then that's why it isn't showing up.
To get the files for a player in the cloud, either take them off of the cloud and go to the normal file location, or find the files here (Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<number>\105600\remote\players

Back
Top Bottom