Codename: DDJ (A game by RoboTT)

RoboTTrustworthy

Spazmatism
CURRENT SCRIPT: BATCH
CURRENT VERSION: 0.0.2

THIS GAME IS ABANDONED! (I have started doing some work on it again, but most likely no release)

DDJICON.png

Thanks to @Pinelord for the icon!​

Remember to read the posts below to see what i've might have spilled out :D

Deranged Dragon Journey

The mission of DDJ is to get as far as possible

There are currently 10 different enemies that you can encounter
More will probably be added

The player start with (atm) 4 different attacks, all have different
minimum damage and max damage
The damage gets randomized between the two numbers
The enemy also have a randomized damage between 5-10 at the start
Here is where the game gets tougher!

Whenever an enemy is killed you are sent to the shop
Here you buy the items you need, refill your energy, mana and hp

When done you will get to the next enemy
Now the thing is: The enemies will an +5 hp and a +1 max damage every
time you fight a new one

Every time an enemy is killed you also get ONE magic coin
Magic coins are used so you can restart the game and keep all your
stats!
When you die, you lose 3 magic coins and when you start again you
must insert one of them to keep your old stats.. or you'll start over
Magic coins can also be used to buy permanent upgrades which will
help you go further into the game

For every level you gain in the game (5 kills) you get an bonus
25 coins and a skill point. Skill points can be set while in the
shop! Coins are also gained every time you kill an enemy
10 coins per enemy to be exact (might change)

Now with all this, i have an base

As i learn more coding languages like for example; c#, c++ or maybe
java, i will try and update the game to one of those or any other
that seems fitting

I have my hopes up for this game, and i hope it'll turn out in a
way that others as well as me can enjoy!

Okay time for some screenshots!

index.php

(screenshots might be outdated, i'll only replace them when i feel a lot of new things are added!)
ddjscreenshots1.png

index.php

Update Log (this is where you'll want to look!):

2015-08-07: Added a proper saving system
2015-08-08: Some work on magic coins and slightly randomized enemies
2015-08-08: Added difficulties
2015-08-08: Removed some foul language
2015-08-09: Added tons of text and a boss
2015-08-10: Even more text
2015-08-10: Added 2 more bosses
2015-10-02 + 2015-10-03: Some work on a bit of everything. Added tavern

Planned (or atleast what i can think of atm):

Extra missions so the player can gain more magic coins to buy permanent upgrades

index.php

TESTERS:
@Miles
@Sheldon Cooper
@zimberzimber
@Pixel
---
These testers do not only test, but they also contribute to the game! (literature, ideas and more)

SUPPORT BANNER:
ddjbanner.png

Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/codename-ddj-a-game-by-robott.29998/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/ddjbanner-png.70170/[/IMG][/URL]

CREDIT:
@Pixel and @zimberzimber for the majority of the games text
@Pinelord for the icon/logo
@DerpoTheMagnificent for the update log, testers and screenshots fonts
And of course the testers shown a bit above

Last edited:
Not any downloads atm no, i test the thing all the time, since i don't have much else to do.. I might leave a download for some testers later on when i have a bit of a better version avaible. It's still too empty to even need testing.

Looks promising!
Just make sure each enemy will have a twist s the game won't be repeatable and eventually become boring.
Maybe add some rogue-like to the mix!
Currently in the Batch stage it isn't possible to controll a character walking around. It is permadeath. I will add random names and twists to the enemies

The problem with Batch is the random thingy i use is really dumb so you know, i hope to learn better coding languages soon.

When things get more polished and get some better coding languages like c#, c++, java or some other one i will probably add some textures and add more some small movement. It will still have the same concept, never making the game open world, but to be a game about surviving through relentless waves of enemies

EDIT: Not in the tower defense kind of waves xD

Currently in the Batch stage it isn't possible to controll a character walking around. It is permadeath. I will add random names and twists to the enemies

The problem with Batch is the random thingy i use is really dumb so you know, i hope to learn better coding languages soon.

When things get more polished and get some better coding languages like c#, c++, java or some other one i will probably add some textures and add more some small movement. It will still have the same concept, never making the game open world, but to be a game about surviving through relentless waves of enemies
Rogue-like means that you can't finish the game on the first run (unless you know it better than the back of your hand and have MLG420proskillz) and that each time you play you progress a little until you reach the stage where you can finish the game.
Rogue Legacy for example, each life you go around collecting coins, when you die you spend them on upgrades.

Rogue-like means that you can't finish the game on the first run (unless you know it better than the back of your hand and have MLG420proskillz) and that each time you play you progress a little until you reach the stage where you can finish the game.
Rogue Legacy for example, each life you go around collecting coins, when you die you spend them on upgrades.
Ah, well that clears roguelike up for me a lot :p

Yeah i'll try, i did just start today sooo xD

(first game was started 2 days ago, this one well ^)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438986481,1438986425][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me also say this is the first time i've ever made an game.. so yeah don't expect too much too fast!

Alright, so i've started adding so after every enemy kill your coins are saved for later playthroughs

Alright, so i've started adding so after every enemy kill your coins are saved for later playthroughs
Not a 100% of the coins, other wise people will just farm the first enemy until they reach funny amounts in no time.
Say, 75% of the coins is lost? Or you get a special type of coins for certain upgrades.

Not a 100% of the coins, other wise people will just farm the first enemy until they reach funny amounts in no time.
Say, 75% of the coins is lost? Or you get a special type of coins for certain upgrades.
A special coin sounds cool. I'll add an item that'll cost 100 of them that when bought will bring up the message: "Did you really just sit there and die so you could buy this? Guhh"
[DOUBLEPOST=1438988526,1438988238][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe i'll also add an system where you have to pay magic coins to start a game without losing your old stats? And if you don't have enough magic coins you'll have to completely start over with standard stats?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438988685][/DOUBLEPOST]This will basically make the magic coins even more valuable since if you can alive long enough you'll be able to buy super expensive and strong items for the magic coins.

And if you die you'll lose some magic coins

A special coin sounds cool. I'll add an item that'll cost 100 of them that when bought will bring up the message: "Did you really just sit there and die so you could buy this? Guhh"
[DOUBLEPOST=1438988526,1438988238][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe i'll also add an system where you have to pay magic coins to start a game without losing your old stats? And if you don't have enough magic coins you'll have to completely start over with standard stats?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438988685][/DOUBLEPOST]This will basically make the magic coins even more valuable since if you can alive long enough you'll be able to buy super expensive and strong items for the magic coins.

And if you die you'll lose some magic coins
Sounds good to me!

AAAAAaaaaaannndddd DONE! Every time you die you lose 3 magic coins, every time the game starts you lose 1 magic coin

If you do not have a coin to pay with you will not get your old stats back

This all makes the magic coins super exclusive so only the best players can get the best items there is to purchase!

Back
Top Bottom