tModLoader Colored Damage Types

Thanks for letting me know!
Oh, you're here! I made a post a while ago about how the Radiant and Symphonic damage types were showing up as white if I changed their colors from their defaults. However True damage still shows up the correct color, although I didn't changed it from its default setting.

Also, could you please add support for my mod, Expanded Sentries, to have its own damage type color? There's also the little known mod that adds fishing damage.

Oh, you're here! I made a post a while ago about how the Radiant and Symphonic damage types were showing up as white if I changed their colors from their defaults. However True damage still shows up the correct color, although I didn't changed it from its default setting.

Also, could you please add support for my mod, Expanded Sentries, to have its own damage type color? There's also the little known mod that adds fishing damage.
Yeah I've been away for a while. Trying to work on the mod a bit today.

You're talking about the tooltips, right? When I was trying it it seems like the in game damage colors work fine for those, but the tooltips stay white (aside from true damage). This is due to the way that Thorium handles tooltips. Instead of modifying the text, it completely erases the tooltip object and replaces it with it's own one. Trying to think of some way to work around this now.

I was going through some of the comments here and actually just finished separating sentries and summons as different colors, so this should work on all of your sentries from your mod as well. I'll take a look at the fishing mod too and see if I can add those.

Yeah I've been away for a while. Trying to work on the mod a bit today.

You're talking about the tooltips, right? When I was trying it it seems like the in game damage colors work fine for those, but the tooltips stay white (aside from true damage). This is due to the way that Thorium handles tooltips. Instead of modifying the text, it completely erases the tooltip object and replaces it with it's own one. Trying to think of some way to work around this now.

I was going through some of the comments here and actually just finished separating sentries and summons as different colors, so this should work on all of your sentries from your mod as well. I'll take a look at the fishing mod too and see if I can add those.
I just tested it, yeah, it's only the tooltips not coloring correctly. The damage numbers show up in the correct colors. I didn't noticed the damage colors before because on all my class playthroughs, I would easily notice the tooltips not being colored, but I didn't actually use the weapons.

Updated Colored Damage Types:
v1.3.0

• Added support for in game config reloading through Hamstar's Helpers mod.
  • Split Sentries and Summons into 2 separate damage types w/different colors. Sentry damage is colored Purple.
  • Added support for Alchemic damage type from Tremor. Alchemic damage is Dark Purple.

I'm doing a Throwing class playthrough, but my damage doesn't show up the bright shade of orange as in the tooltips, in-game it's just the normal shade of the base game. Is this intentional?

I'm currently helping out the Mod of Redemption, and they're bringing back the Druid Class.
Could you make the damage type for Druid damage Dark Green?

Also, could you make the Mystic damage of Enigma be brown, like Tin?

Can I change alpha (transparency) of damage numbers? Actually, I need to hide all this popping annoying numbers.
It would be the best mod for Terraria, if it were possible.

there is a small mod called dragon ball terraria that adds the Ki fighter class can you add that
[doublepost=1543350590,1543350522][/doublepost]are you going to add the Druid, Mystic and the technology classes

You need to get the throwing for calamity rouge class and thorium thrown, Because thrown class is gone soon!
[doublepost=1559695938,1559695719][/doublepost]
there is a small mod called dragon ball terraria that adds the Ki fighter class can you add that
are you going to add the Druid, Mystic and the technology classes

Technology from disarray, Druid from redemption, And mystic from enigma.

Thelonegamer should be making a mod with a bunch of classes, You should add those when that mod comes out.

When i hit my enemies why cant i see the damage in diffrent types of colors. Not only that, i cant even see how much i deal

Trying to get back into modding Terraria, so here's a couple of updates:

Colored Damage Types
  • Should now work in multiplayer! Let me know if there are any issues.
  • Mod config is now in game in the mod configuration menu under settings, and you can change the configs mid game!
I'm going to add more damage types for this one, but I don't want to just go adding every new type that every mod adds or I'd end up with way too many. Probably going to go through the big/popular mods and decide then. Feel free to post any suggestions.

Minion Crits
  • Added "10% flat crit chance" option (this is still affected by the crit chance multiplier config, so you can adjust this)
  • Added an option to allow minion crits to gain increased knockback (same behavior as other crits)
  • Mod config is now in game in the mod configuration menu under settings, and can be changed mid game. Mod config should be server side for this mod. Let me know about any problems with that.

Good to see this is still being worked on.
Some other damage types I can recall from well known enough mods right now are fishing from Unusacies' Battle Rods, rogue from Calamity (I'm still not sure how different it is from throwing though), druidic from Redemption, and mystic from Enigma. Also, I don't think Tremor even works on the latest tModLoader anymore (on top of having fallen from popularity a while ago), so if you fear running into some sort of limit it might be good to remove the alchemical damage color to free some room up.

Good to see this is still being worked on.
Some other damage types I can recall from well known enough mods right now are fishing from Unusacies' Battle Rods, rogue from Calamity (I'm still not sure how different it is from throwing though), druidic from Redemption, and mystic from Enigma. Also, I don't think Tremor even works on the latest tModLoader anymore (on top of having fallen from popularity a while ago), so if you fear running into some sort of limit it might be good to remove the alchemical damage color to free some room up.
Oh yeah I forgot that tremor is just gone now. I'll just remove that one.
I was definitely going to add mystic, as I just started an enigma playthrough actually. The others are good suggestions too. I'll check them out and see if I can add them. Any suggestions for what default colors they should be?

Oh yeah I forgot that tremor is just gone now. I'll just remove that one.
I was definitely going to add mystic, as I just started an enigma playthrough actually. The others are good suggestions too. I'll check them out and see if I can add them. Any suggestions for what default colors they should be?
Some quick ideas I can think of right now:
  • Fishing: some sea-like or deeper shade of blue?
  • Rogue: something close to dark gray, since the class seems to focus on stealth?
  • Druidic: maybe either a very dark or very vibrant shade of green, due to the class's relation to nature?
  • Mystic: something close to the purple that's being used for Tremor's alchemical damage?
Also, now that I think about it, do you think it would be possible to change the color of the outline for the damage font as well? I believe it would help distinguish things for darker colors, and allow for more color combinations.

Back
Top Bottom