Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope with is update they debuff the crawltipede's damage that thing is just relentless when your flying. And yes I do know it only targets airbourne players but still, if you go up in the air with medium health its game over for you buddy.:cool: But I still cant wait for the update and release on the Nintendo Switch:happy::merchantcool::pumpking:Happy Halloween

According to other forumers it has been around two years since the update was announced for console. I only got it last christmas so I'm not as frustrated, but it has been nearly a year since I got the game and there hasn't been any new content for it.
That's incorrect, the update was first announced in July 2016. ;)

The developers need to get rid of the gamebreaking glitches, and drop fixing updates after. They say they can't drop frequent updates on console because they aren't allowed (correct me if I'm wrong) but games like fortnite are dropping two updates a week.
That's exactly what they're doing. :)

The console version first needs its 1.3 overhaul (which is essentially a rewrite and thus takes a lot of work) before it can accommodate frequent updates, which is why there has been such a large gap between updates. Once the updates hit, frequent updates become much more viable.

I have a question that anyone can answer but please back it up,
Is it true that Sony only updated their PlayStation 4 store every Tuesday meaning game updates can only come out on that day unless it is an emergency bugfix. I have seen this on Minecraft were every update on current gen consoles come out on the Tuesday,my problem is it could just be a complete coincidence, if anyone knows a proper answer please reply.
Also just for everyone to know I really don't like the set backs but I know from another game an update is better released properly than half made. Anyone who knows the meme 'around the courner' from another game(trove) they too have the problem of late releases, face it game developers can't guarantee an update unless they give you a release date and even then it isn't guaranteed so please don't give the Devs a hard time

I have a question that anyone can answer but please back it up,
Is it true that Sony only updated their PlayStation 4 store every Tuesday meaning game updates can only come out on that day unless it is an emergency bugfix. I have seen this on Minecraft were every update on current gen consoles come out on the Tuesday,my problem is it could just be a complete coincidence, if anyone knows a proper answer please reply.
Also just for everyone to know I really don't like the set backs but I know from another game an update is better released properly than half made. Anyone who knows the meme 'around the courner' from another game(trove) they too have the problem of late releases, face it game developers can't guarantee an update unless they give you a release date and even then it isn't guaranteed so please don't give the Devs a hard time

They can release games and update the store at any time. For instance, Need For Speed: Payback will be available to those who pre-order it 3 days prior to everyone else. So it will activate on Tuesday for people who pre-ordered and on Friday for everyone else.

Sony, and other companies, just tend to update things on Tuesday in case things go wrong so they have adequate time to fix things.

They can release games and update the store at any time. For instance, Need For Speed: Payback will be available to those who pre-order it 3 days prior to everyone else. So it will activate on Tuesday for people who pre-ordered and on Friday for everyone else.

Sony, and other companies, just tend to update things on Tuesday in case things go wrong so they have adequate time to fix things.
So basically yes?

Not to sound naggy or anything, but it has been a third of Q4 and we still don’t have a release date.
Thank you guys for working so hard to bring us this update! I only want to know if it will be released before Christmas.
Thanks!

Not to sound naggy or anything, but it has been a third of Q4 and we still don’t have a release date.
Thank you guys for working so hard to bring us this update! I only want to know if it will be released before Christmas.
Thanks!
Unless out of nowhere a game breaking bug that can't be fixed in time then the update almost definitely will be out before Christmas

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Ok it's been several weeks so where is the update

A reminder that in about 45 minutes, Pipeworks is having a special Halloween stream. 2pm Pacific, 5pm Eastern (US times), for an hour or so.

https://go.twitch.tv/terrariaofficial

This is mostly for fun (Liz really likes Halloween), they will likely be playing one of new builds.

There won't be any big reveals since Friday, and there won't be a release date announced in the stream (please don't ask, though I know some will anyway).

Wow, they're showing splitscreen!

Oh wait... that's not a new build.
I know how strict these forums are, and I'm gonna try and be calm, but... why?
Why?
WHY?
Why does everyone think split-screen will be eliminated?
I'm really trying my best not to go all caps, but removing split screen would be a little stupid, don't you guys think?

I know how strict these forums are, and I'm gonna try and be calm, but... why?
Why?
WHY?
Why does everyone think split-screen will be eliminated?
I'm really trying my best not to go all caps, but removing split screen would be a little stupid, don't you guys think?

Wasn't splitscreen performance one of the main blockers?

I was curious to see some progress in that department... Not afraid of them eliminating it, as that would be a show stopper and I'm sure they know they can't ship without it.

Oh my god, you expressed it like my thought exactly. Thank you.

You puzzle me... you quote me and react to it as if I'm a person who thinks splitscreen is being removed... then you're glad Loki debunks this 'rumor' created by yourself.

We all know splitscreen will be in. That's common sense. There however was/is a problem with splitscreen performance in the Unity version of the game. When I saw splitscreen gameplay on the stream (assuming they were showing a new build [see Tunnel King announcement]), it felt like: yes, they did it! But then I quickly realized it wasn't a new build at all... hence my post and then your weird reaction to it.

Last edited:
So basically yes?

That is what my first sentence stated, yes. The rest was elaboration as to why some believe consoles are limited in terms of when things can be updated. It’s basically just PC propaganda or old information that was true once 5 years ago, but no longer is true today.

You puzzle me... you quote me and react to it as if I'm a person who thinks splitscreen is being removed... then you're glad Loki debunks this 'rumor' created by yourself.

We all know splitscreen will be in. That's common sense. There however was/is a problem with splitscreen performance in the Unity version of the game. When I saw splitscreen gameplay on the stream (assuming they were showing a new build [see Tunnel King announcement]), it felt like: yes, they did it! But then I quickly realized it wasn't a new build at all... hence my post and then your weird reaction to it.
I guess I was just confused on why it would be worthy of reacting to like that.

That is what my first sentence stated, yes. The rest was elaboration as to why some believe consoles are limited in terms of when things can be updated. It’s basically just PC propaganda or old information that was true once 5 years ago, but no longer is true today.
Thanks now if I say this then it's not just a guess but a fact:pumpking::hoppinjack:

Can whoever keeps editing the wiki please stop being a butt? Also, I wish I could watch the streams... Hate my crappy wifi! Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom