1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: New news posted
Lock date: 01:58 07-12-2017
  1. ClearConscious

ClearConscious Community Manager Staff Member Pipeworks Studio

Greetings Terrarians!

It has been a little over one month since our latest statement on the status of the 1.3 console update. Much of what was echoed in that previous statement remains the same, however we want to provide a more transparent look into what exactly is being worked on so you have a better understanding of why things were extended past their original estimate.

The Final Push

The team at Pipeworks has made a lot of really great strides since our last formal update. A ton of optimization work has been put into the game, certification bugs have been squashed, and split-screen is shaping up nicely.

At this point we’re in the process of working on some particularly noteworthy bugs; one in particular that is affecting network multiplayer stability. Most of the issues we’re working on currently are what we consider must fixes before we can submit the update for certification. At this time there’s a little over 30 bugs we’re working through before we plan on submitting for certification. This could change, however everyone feels pretty optimistic.

So what other issues are we tackling?
    • Remaining pieces of optimization
    • Localization bugs
    • A few stability/functionality bugs
    • General feedback from Re-Logic & 505 Games

It’s incredibly important to us that out of the gate the community has a great experience. This isn’t just a simple port, but a complete re-write for the future of Terraria. The team at Pipeworks feels a responsibility for carrying that torch well into the future.

We’re nearly finished.

P.S: We're having discussions currently about a possible release date. We aren't avoiding the question; however we want to ensure we're giving out accurate information.

The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

2. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for the update! Keep up the good work guys ^_^

3. xXDiamondDogXx

xXDiamondDogXx Skeletron Prime

Great job guys! I'm sure you'll deliver a final product well made. But as long as it's released this year, I won't be mad.

4. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

Thank you! Many have been waiting for this, I'm happy to know that the wait is almost over.

5. mickylovefist

mickylovefist Terrarian

I cant wait to play this with my wife. We have been playing since terraria was released on consoles!

6. ReusableLime20

ReusableLime20 Slime Collector

Alright, time to go share this with everyone I know, love, or is on the TCF. I am so glad that it is looking close to done, keep up the good work you guys!

FlyKip and ClearConscious like this.
  7. MBraderz

MBraderz Skeletron Prime

The wait is nearly over! :merchantgrin:

Keep up the good work Pipeworks, can't wait to experience Console Terraria in a new way

ClearConscious likes this.
  8. Arkhayla

Arkhayla Quality Director Re-Logic

So exciting! I can't wait~

9. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

An update on the update is always great. :D And a quality update is always better than a rushed update.

10. SteelSt0rmMaster

SteelSt0rmMaster Skeletron Prime

(casually considers getting xbox one)

11. ReusableLime20

Yes, join the side of the Xbox... Never the PS4...
    Actually though, if you do, save up for the Xbox One X, it will be worth it except for Terraria, because it's all pixels.

Withered_Wyvern likes this.
  12. SteelSt0rmMaster

(xbox one terraria, not an xbox one)

13. RadsStuff

RadsStuff Terrarian

thanks m8s

14. ReusableLime20

Ah. So you already have an Xbox then. Ok. I'll just crawl in a hole now.

15. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Thanks, team! Keep up the great work!
    I knew I had a good feeling about you guys for a reason. They put the responsibility of Otherworld on you, so you guys must be really reliable!

16. Nike Leon

It seem to go on sale a couple times every year. Shouldn't be that hard to scrounge up $10 right?

17. SteelSt0rmMaster

Black Friday sale confirmed?

18. ReusableLime20

It's looking good for a Terraria 1.3 Christmas release if you ask me.:D

Withered_Wyvern and Hammer101 like this.
  19. Nike Leon

I don't think so, they've already posted the black friday deals and I don't think Terraria was on there.

20. ShadowOfDarkness

ShadowOfDarkness Spazmatism

Notice: There is no mention of the Splitscreen bug, everyone worried about it, can now be at ease.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.