Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost moon already fills that purpose I feel. Plus the game is kinda packed with bosses as it is. I feel the underground ice biome is an early biome for progression, like before the dungeon, corruption or the jungle. Giving it a boss is like putting a boss in the underground cavern layer. It would just be there for completion.
Fair enough

Three times today the games has just shut down with an error code CE-34878-0. @ClearConscious any ideas when this is getting fixed? I keep losing builds and it's starting to wind me up.

This weekend's total number of crashes, freezes and glitches are in the mid 20's.

Last edited:
Three times today the games has just shut down with an error code CE-34878-0. @ClearConscious any ideas when this is getting fixed? I keep losing builds and it's starting to wind me up.

This weekend's total number of crashes, freezes and glitches are in the mid 20's.

Lots of crash fixes coming. We're testing a build for submission, so hopefully it won't be long. Once we get things locked down I'll let you know.

So the tax collector arrived and it came up with "Cleveland the NpcName_441"
1535484054452-832231522.jpg

If you have any questions about particular fixes you're looking for in the next patch let me know and I can see if it was fixed. There's a good chance it was.

I don't think I saw this answered officially, so I'd just like to ask again: are there plans to add an option to change UI size?

I find it interesting that this update was released to bring console up to speed with PC, and now that the PC UI conflicts with the console experience, a scalable UI is not provided to solve the problem.

Especially since a UI scaling bar is present on PC.

I thought the idea was that console would have the same stuff as PC? I don't mean to be insistent, but I love playing this game with my wife, and we are not currently able to. Even just hearing that this problem is acknowledged, and that work is being done on it would really give some peace of mind. Thank you.

UI Scaling was added to PC circa 1.3.5 - as such, yeah, I would say that barring any hardware limitations it will come to console at some point.

Current console was branched from 1.3.0 era content. Now, as to whether the PW guys can weave in that one element from 1.3.5 sooner, I would have to defer to them on that. It is an interesting thing to consider/explore.

@Ultimate snowman 46 - Checked with the ongoing changelog and that one is on the list of things that should already be sorted with the next update that @ClearConscious mentioned. :)

UI Scaling was added to PC circa 1.3.5 - as such, yeah, I would say that barring any hardware limitations it will come to console at some point.

Current console was branched from 1.3.0 era content. Now, as to whether the PW guys can weave in that one element from 1.3.5 sooner, I would have to defer to them on that. It is an interesting thing to consider/explore.

@Ultimate snowman 46 - Checked with the ongoing changelog and that one is on the list of things that should already be sorted with the next update that @ClearConscious mentioned. :)
Hey Loki,

Thanks for the insight, I thought that I remembered it being a later feature, but I couldn't narrow down the version. I think that if there was a way to have that feature sooner than later it would address a lot of concerns that have been expressed over the new UI.

I hope it's understood that I have this gripe primarily because of how much I enjoy this game, and my desire to play more. The amount of support this game has received and continues to receive post release day is amazing, and shows a lot of respect and appreciation for your customers. For what I paid (even buying it for three platforms) vs the hours of enjoyment I've gotten out of it, I'm hardpressed to think of a better value. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Its nice but some bugs with playing a friend its freezing going togther in the underground hell when is a hotfix

Oooooooooo, the patch has been submitted!

Eagerly awaiting the changelog so we can see what's been fixed and (inevitably) nitpick all the details

Hehe, same here - hopefully more of the first and less of the second. :)

You hope, but you've been in this thread long enough to know we will pick the details to death and beyond. Might take a while for us to get started, but it's an inevitable outcome

You hope, but you've been in this thread long enough to know we will pick the details to death and beyond. Might take a while for us to get started, but it's an inevitable outcome

Oh, I've been around this thread and every update thread in regards to Terraria since mid-2011. I know how it goes. ;)

Hey @Loki , can you expand a little more on what should/could be fixed with the UI for consoles? The console UI has been my (and my kids') biggest problem with the 1.3 update. We stopped playing for months because it was just too cumbersome. Lately we've been resorting to pulling chairs up to within 4 feet of the tv just so we can play. So it's very exciting to hear there are improvements on the way.

Will elaborate more once the patch is approved fully (stay tuned for that very soon I hope)

There are other potential tweaks that could be considered (and remember that UI zoom is a thing in PC circa 1.3.5 - for example - I just have no idea if or when that could be added “out of order”... as I’m no tech guy or coder). So yeah we will see what people make of this and then PW will adjust accordingly. All I’ve ever said is the old way isn’t coming back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom