Game Mechanics Creative Mode

The world should be Spawned in "Creative mode," with all items existent only in that world. The Player's inventory would have a search feature, allowing a max stack of the typed item to be imported to inventory. Other characters would be able to access the world, and play in it, but not change.

I like "creative" mode. But isn't the idea to make it less intense and simple? Even with your update stating players can only place what they've already obtained, it kind of destroys the idea of creative mode. Maybe 'creative' characters/worlds cannot transfer creative stuff into normal worlds?

The four types of gamers are the Achievers, the Explorers, the Socializers, and the Killers. The lack of novelty would completely drive away the Explorers, which would result in a decrease in many other fields. I've been designing games for eight years, I'm not just making these statements out of opinion. Again, I'm certain there's a mod somewhere that will suit your purposes.
Please. Don't lie to make a point. I doubt you've been designing games since you were 8. Your logic is good in other cases but is invalid in this case since the type of players who will use this probably don't come back to terraria for the novelty or have beat the game.

Or maybe we can just hold on crazy idea a normal creative mode with flying and whatever you want I know right insane idea

Please. Don't lie to make a point. I doubt you've been designing games since you were 8. Your logic is good in other cases but is invalid in this case since the type of players who will use this probably don't come back to terraria for the novelty or have beat the game.
He said hes been designing games *for* eight years

na minha opinião o modo criativo como o nome já diz é um "modo" tão cedo que não deve desbloquear conquistas e nem mesmo ter que fazer algo extremamente difícil de fazer conforme citado no post, por isso deve ser uma configuração de personagem ou do mundo

na minha opinião o modo criativo como o nome já diz é um "modo" tão cedo que não deve desbloquear conquistas e nem mesmo ter que fazer algo extremamente difícil de fazer conforme citado no post, por isso deve ser uma configuração de personagem ou do mundo
(He said

in my opinion the creative mode as the name already says is a "mode" so early that it should not unlock achievements and not even have to do something extremely hard to do as mentioned in the post, so it must be a character or world setting )

To be honest, if/when creative mode is implemented, I'm less bothered by the necessary restrictions/unlock requirements as much as I am what creative mode would actually entail. I'm assuming (praying) no invasions, but are there no enemies? No spreading biomes? No hardmode? Can the world actually be played as a normal Terraria world?

One feature I'd want to see on creative mode is unlimited block/wall placement range. Also unlimited mining range. Basically just unlimited range. If I can see it on my screen, let me click it. Also no penalty for using the Rod of Discord, if I can't just pass through blocks wholesale. If it's just going to give me access to all items or whatever, I'd keep building on normal worlds - I want something that actually makes building easier. (A giant inventory would also be helpful, but I'm not as sure that could work.)

Oh - if there are enemies in Creative Mode, I'd love a way to select/deselect monster spawn areas regardless of player-placed walls, and maybe even regardless of block type. Adventure maps, yo.

I think one way you could handle an all-items creative world is to just give every character two inventories (and two equipment spreads), one for normal worlds and one for creative worlds. The other inventory is inactive and completely inaccessible in the wrong type of world, so you have no way of taking items from a creative world to a normal world. Though the equipment slot might be tricky - it raises the question of how to display your character on the load menu if there are actually two templates.

I guess you could still use heart crystals, life fruit, demon hearts, and mana stars in creative mode, but I'm not interested in policing every possible thing someone can do. If people want to take the challenge out of their gameplay, that's their prerogative. (And you can't bar all of these because heart crystals are used for heart lanterns.)

Another way to do it, which raises less of a compatibility issue but creates an annoying memory one, is to clone every item class in the game, so you have one regular one and one creative one. Creative worlds always generate this knockoff type of everything. These clones are visibly and functionally identical to the original item type, except they disappear when you log off of the world. So you can enter the creative world with an old character wearing your favorite outfit and an inventory full of your stuff, pick up fifteen stacks of luminite ore, and log off, and the luminite will vanish but the rest of your character's regularly-obtained stuff remains intact.

...It'd just be a horrendous waste of data.

My ideal Creative Mode would be something to facilitate building and map making of all kinds without any of the hassle of doing it the hard way. Anything that makes that easier seems like a huge benefit.

Giving characters a world-specific inventory for each Creative world could be possible. Maybe it copies it over when the player first enters the world, and then uses that (although a way to reset it would be nice).

In terms of adventure maps and stuff, a way to set the world into non-Creative or make a copy that isn't Creative would be nice, and maybe some basic Command Blocks (signs?) like in Minecraft to do things like spawning enemies and items, teleporting things, changing the time, and changing the mob spawn rate.

I would like a creative mode we could basically do anything without any limitations also be able to make yourself be able to do other stuff

I would not like it either, but here's the thing. If it was an option unlocked from the start, 99% of the time it would just be used by people to give themselves endgame items such as the Last Prism, completely ruining the game. If there was any way to have it unlocked from the start and simply have an anti-noob function, I would put it there...!

Wait, I just realised! How about this? Creative mode becomes avalible from the get-go. However, you can only place/use/summon/insert action verb here items you have already obtained. You will need to kill an enemy in order to become immune to it, and the same logic applies to bosses. Blocks cannot be broken until onw finds a pickaxe strong enough to mine it, to prevent premature Golem fights. In addition, the Creative Manipulator cannot be obtained until killing the Moon Lord. Thus, people can't just spawn in a Last Prism and be done with it!

You shouldn’t be able to swap between survival and creative. If you go onto creative with a character you shouldn’t be able to go back onto a survival world. If people go into creative and get whatever they want, that is just having fun. You wouldn’t be able to die though, so it wouldn’t make a difference if you beat bosses with endgame items or a copper shortsword.

My idea is this: creative mode is unlocked from the start, and has separate characters and worlds which cannot interact with their standard counterparts. You can only set boss flags (I.E. killing wall of flesh unlocks hardmode) if you have done so in a standard world. If it was implemented this way, people couldn't just cheat in overpowered builds unless they had already obtained the means to do so. Items which require a boss flag to be set wouldn't be available in the menu until it had already been set in a standard world.

People can already cheat and get overpowered gear fairly easily, through inventory editors, all-items worlds, or even getting them from a previous character. The addition of creative mode won't change things much in that respect. If inexperienced players give themselves OP gear and try to play through the game, they'll be destroyed by the Moon Lord because they never gained the experience and skills needed to win.

Lesser forms of cheating can even be a good thing. If you feel like you really earned something and RNG just cheated you out of it, or you hate fishing but want a cell phone, or something like that, giving it to yourself can be a good thing. It lets you play the game you want to play, even if it isn't the one the devs designed.

It also messes up a lot of opportunities for adventure maps and servers and other interesting experiences. Limiting things for all players just to make it harder for people to cheat just really isn't worth it.

WARNING: NOT EVERYONE WILL LIKE THIS IDEA. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY, DON'T SAY IT.

So. Creative Mode in Terraria. For those of you who don't know, Creative Mode is a recurring concept in sandbox games in which a player, unhindered by enemies, can have access to any item in the game and is usually used for adventure maps. Due to the nature of Terraria, this mode would need to be very obscure and hard to unlock, and I think I know how to go about doing it.

CREATIVITY GLOBE

This accessory replaces the Gravity Globe in the Moon Lord's Treasure Bag if tje following conditions are met:

-The bag is opened in an Expert Mode world.
-The bag is opened by a Hardcore character.
-All of the achivements in Terraria are unlocked, with the exception of "Supreme Helper Minion" (because having to unlock that as well would just be cruel, like the achivement itself; there is a fine line between an achivement and a chore)

To unlock Creative Mode, equip the Creativity Globe on a hardcore character. Then, on the Character Select screen, hover over said character. Type: "WSAD" then hold the spacebar while entering your character. Enter your world, then die. When you respawn, you will be a ghost, but there are several differences:

-The crafting menu is replaced by a menu holding every single item in the game.
-The "ghost" is not deleted when exiting the world.
-The ghost character can place blocks and use items freely.
-The ghost character has a special buff called "Creative Spirit". This allows the ghost to place down blocks every frame, as well as letting him/her mine one block per frame as if using a much faster Shroomite Digging Claw (abeit one that can instantly destroy every block, including Lihzahrd Brick)
-The ghost character can still fly and noclip.
-The ghost character moves much faster, about the speed of a Mechanical Cart.
-The ghost character has access to several new items via the creative inventory: the Creative Manipulator allows one to give a weapon any damage value and assign any stat value to an NPC, and NPCs can be spawned from the inventory as if using a Statue. Additionally, an "Event Block" is added, which triggers a predetermined event when wired
-Right-clicking an NPC whilst holding an item causes said NPC to drop said item upon death
-The ghost lacks accessory slots
-The ghost cannot connect to multiplayer worlds

Please do not hate my idea. I try to balance it by making it ridiculously hard to obtain, meaning that you already need to have done everything you could have done (except become a Supreme Helper Minion, of course!) to unlock it. As such, it is nearly impossible to "accidentally" discover it!

I hope you guys like it!
I understand your motive here but would still lime a button to turn off enemies spawning so I can build. I'm more of a creator mode player. I like finding items and building with them. Could log out to hit a button to turn spawning back on. Just a request

I understand your motive here but would still lime a button to turn off enemies spawning so I can build. I'm more of a creator mode player. I like finding items and building with them. Could log out to hit a button to turn spawning back on. Just a request
Calming potions and Peace Candles are probably enough for what you want. Also building four npc houses near your build completely cancels enemy spawns.

Back
Top Bottom