tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, i'm really glad I backup everything all o.c.d. style... I have backups of every version of terraria installer going back to 1.0.0.0. Any idea when tAPI will be updated to 1.3?

Any one know what this means and how I can fix it?

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.NextNPC()
at Terraria.WorldGen.SpawnNPC(System.Int32 x, System.Int32 y)
at Terraria.WorldGen.UpdateWorld()
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Wow, i'm really glad I backup everything all o.c.d. style... I have backups of every version of terraria installer going back to 1.0.0.0. Any idea when tAPI will be updated to 1.3?
tAPI has been discontinued by it's developers, who are making a new API called Prism. Another modder has also started tModLoader. I don't know about you, but I'm not looking forward to dealing with two modding APi's.

And kudos to you for keeping backups. If you want to know which files you'll need from the last 1.2 version, I'll list them here for you.
CraftButton
Cursor
Cursor2
Female_Pants
Female_Shirt
Female_Shirt2
Female_Shoes
Female_Undershirt
Female_Undershirt2
player_belt
Player_Eye_Whites
Player_Eyes
Player_Hands
Player_Hands2
Player_Head
Player_Pants
Player_Shirt
Player_Shoes
Player_Undershirt
Player_Undershirt2
Rain_0
Rain_1
Rain_2
Rain_3
Rain_4
Rain_5
Skin_Arm
Skin_Body
Skin_Legs
You'll have to put up with graphical weirdness from town NPC's though.

Aaah, so they are the ones making Prism... good stuff. I've used tmodlader a little bit, it's pretty functional. Currently I prefer tpatcher for mods, since I can't get Prism to compile right for some reason... it keeps giving me like 400 errors. I don't know why my stuff doesn't wanna work right, it's a little annoying. I am having issue with pretty much all of my modding stuff right now... I miss tAPI. lol

Aaah, so they are the ones making Prism... good stuff. I've used tmodlader a little bit, it's pretty functional. Currently I prefer tpatcher for mods, since I can't get Prism to compile right for some reason... it keeps giving me like 400 errors. I don't know why my stuff doesn't wanna work right, it's a little annoying. I am having issue with pretty much all of my modding stuff right now... I miss tAPI. lol
Come visit us in the #tapi irc and we can help you get Prism to compile. Also there might actually be a bug we need to fix in order for you to compile it on your machine (more likely if you're on OS X or Linux). Either way, we're happy to help.

When will
tAPI be out for Terraria 1.3?
If you're doing this as a joke, allow me to give you a tip about humor of this sort: It really only works once, and then it just gets annoying. If you're serious then please, scroll up the page a little bit and read. %:sigh:

Is someone ever gonna notice that this was already said over 9000 times?

Answer: No. (for both questions)

To put it simply and directly, tAPI will most likely never see and update for 1.3. Ever.

Last edited:
When will
tAPI be out for Terraria 1.3?

Okay, this is actually hilarious to aks! xD
The fact that, now Terraria needs a modding tool more than ever. Okay Relogic promised us a modding API for 1.3.1, but we need modding now. Hell, I can't wait to get rid of the S.D.M.G. and replace it with something that... ...is useful and is not a dolphin. xD
Hell, MoonLord drops for ranged are awful, I just want to remove them from the game I'm playing or even replace them. This is the first time in my life I want to create a mod...

I hope the 1.3.1 modding API comes soon. =*-*=

Is tAPI for 1.3 going to...

Nah. Not worth it.
The fact that, now Terraria needs a modding tool more than ever. Okay Relogic promised us a modding API for 1.3.1, but we need modding now. Hell, I can't wait to get rid of the S.D.M.G. and replace it with something that... ...is useful and is not a dolphin. xD
Hell, MoonLord drops for ranged are awful, I just want to remove them from the game I'm playing or even replace them. This is the first time in my life I want to create a mod...

I hope the 1.3.1 modding API comes soon. =*-*=
Relogic havn't exactly promised Mod support for 1.3.1... but they have said that it will likely be their final update for Terraria, excluding bug-fixes of course. Mod support may very well come with 1.3.1, but it may also be 1.3.2, 1.3.3 or even 1.4.

Wow, this forum has remained active far longer than I'd have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom