tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that just happened on tAPI r12...There are lots of issues on r12. And i've had to resort to using r11! So how to I update?

When I loaded r12 mods into tapi r12, the items worked perfectly, but then later all the items lost their damage. I tried disabling the mods then making a new character and a new world to test if the damage worked on the items, but it just says 50% pickaxe power..no damage at all after using the item once. The pickaxes still break tiles, but it doesn't do damage to any mobs and it doesn't damage in the item tooltip

Interesting, can you tell me which mods you are using?

Interesting, can you tell me which mods you are using?
Im using GRealm mod and most of Shockah's tweaking mods like shockah base, accessories slot mod, enhanced tooltip, Inventory Tweaks, Item Suffixes, Base Mod(for GRealm), FCM Base, FCM Standard.
Also, I got this error when changing the accessory slot max to 15 at instant with GRealm on, this didn't happen before I changed it and before I reinstalled tAPI r12 it worked fine, but it had this no damage bug
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.AccSlots.MBase.<OnModCall>b__4(Player player)
at BaseMod.BasePlayer.HasAccessories(Player player, Int32[] types, Boolean vanity, Boolean oneOf, Boolean& social, Int32& index)
at GRealm.MPlayer.<.ctor>b__7(PlayerLayer layer, Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Action.OnDraw(Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Draw(Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at TAPI.MenuButtonDrawPlayer.Draw(SpriteBatch SP, Boolean mouseOver)
at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(SpriteBatch SP)
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Last edited:
Im using GRealm mod and most of Shockah's tweaking mods like shockah base, accessories slot mod, enhanced tooltip, Inventory Tweaks, Item Suffixes, Base Mod(for GRealm), FCM Base, FCM Standard.
Also, I got this error when changing the accessory slot max to 15 at instant with GRealm on, this didn't happen before I changed it and before I reinstalled tAPI r12 it worked fine, but it had this no damage bug
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.AccSlots.MBase.<OnModCall>b__4(Player player)
at BaseMod.BasePlayer.HasAccessories(Player player, Int32[] types, Boolean vanity, Boolean oneOf, Boolean& social, Int32& index)
at GRealm.MPlayer.<.ctor>b__7(PlayerLayer layer, Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Action.OnDraw(Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Draw(Player drawPlayer, SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow)
at TAPI.MenuButtonDrawPlayer.Draw(SpriteBatch SP, Boolean mouseOver)
at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(SpriteBatch SP)
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Thanks for this; this is a legit bug with Basemod, i'll work on a fix ASAP.

Guys, why i tryed to place my sprite in mod tAPI rejects it with long error...

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Spritetest.tapi: System.BadImageFormatException: Не удалось загрузить файл или сборку "0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" либо одну из их зависимостей. Была сделана попытка загрузить программу, имеющую неверный формат.
File name: '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Неправильный формат IL.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

at TAPI.Mods.Load()

And how do you get an NPC to spawn in a specific place? i.e: Hell? I'm using CS to write the code for my Hell Eater to spawn but I want him to spawn, well, in hell obviously. And how do I do that? I've already done the override event, but how to I make him spawn in underworld or any specific place?

And how do you get an NPC to spawn in a specific place? i.e: Hell? I'm using CS to write the code for my Hell Eater to spawn but I want him to spawn, well, in hell obviously. And how do I do that? I've already done the override event, but how to I make him spawn in underworld or any specific place?

There's no specific zone designated for the Underworld, so you have to use Main.maxTiles instead. For example:

Code:
if (y >= (Main.maxTilesY * 0.8f))
{
    return true;
}

This should spawn your NPC in the Underworld.

Help me plz i can't load mod by tAPI it causes error

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Spritetest.tapi: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Была сделана попытка загрузить программу, имеющую неверный формат.
File name: '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

at TAPI.Mods.Load()

There's no specific zone designated for the Underworld, so you have to use Main.maxTiles instead. For example:

Code:
if (y >= (Main.maxTilesY * 0.8f))
{
    return true;
}

This should spawn your NPC in the Underworld.
Thanks, will try. And why is r11 and r12 so glitchy?

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TAPI.Mods.SaveModState()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

not sure what to do don't have any mods right now

I Found a very annoying bug it's like where zombie it's coming he's sound is like 100%
Second bug is when raining sound stutters.

@Edit And one another bug is when i chop down tree is little frame lag
On vanilla i don't have it.

Last edited:
Hm... I think I would like to learn how to make a mod again, only try to learn how to make Summoning items...

-Opens a notepad++ document and stares it- ... How to start...

Help me plz i can't load mod by tAPI it causes error

TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Spritetest.tapi: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Была сделана попытка загрузить программу, имеющую неверный формат.
File name: '0 bytes loaded from tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Is your sprite in PNG format?

My game crash right before i try to play in multiplayer with or without any mod, I'm opening the server via dedicated server of TAPI

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TAPI.Mods.SaveModState()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

not sure what to do don't have any mods right now

Anyone getting this error please just ignore it, it is a known issue and has to do with mod load order or modstate being missing. It will display often but is not an issue for now. It will be fixed either in an r12 hotfix or as part of r13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom