Does the Hallow stop NPC's from spawning?

Twisted_Viper

Terrarian
I saw something on the internet about how the Hallow won't stop NPC's from spawning and that it stops the Corruption from spreading to it so I spread the Hallow around my house then my Wizard died and he hasn't spawned in for a little while so I was worried that the Hallow stops NPC'S from spawning.

NPCs will live in Hallow. They love the unicorns.

They'll only respawn during the day. And they won't respawn if there is an event going on like Goblins or Pirates. And make sure that you don't have any Corruption/Crimson nearby.

Ah..ok good and no need to worry about events and how close does the Corruption/Crimson have to be to stop spawning ?

I'm thinking I remember something around 45 blocks being the magic number for the Corruption/Crimson to ruin NPC housing.

I know that they'll live in Hallow - I made a Hallow house and moved my Steampunker there on console in order to buy hallow solution. But if they won't respawn in Hallow like Bounty is saying, you can always quickly build a valid house in the forest, they'll respawn in that house, then move them into your Hallow house.

Hmm... ok.. thanks for your help :).
[DOUBLEPOST=1446484657,1446484400][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah.. just discovered the problem..it appeared that there was some corruption spreading quite close to my house underground and I had no idea :/ .

Hmm... ok.. thanks for your help :).
[DOUBLEPOST=1446484657,1446484400][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah.. just discovered the problem..it appeared that there was some corruption spreading quite close to my house underground and I had no idea :/ .
It's sneaky like that. `;)

It's evil ... I made some Holy Water and thought I'd rather have Hallow than Crimson near my house.
Well the Clemtaminator from the Steampunker is WAY more effective to stop/ spread biomes. But it is expensive with a cost of 2 platinum. Then you have to buy the solutions which are also expensive like 25 silver coins for 1!

Yayy... The wizard finally spawned again :D !! I planted some Hallow seeds and holy water near the crimson area so hopefully that spreads and blocks the Hallow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446488886,1446488855][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yayy... The wizard finally spawned again :D !! I planted some Hallow seeds and holy water near the crimson area so hopefully that spreads and blocks the Hallow.
* the crimson

Back
Top Bottom