Fort Ilo: The evolution of a flying fortress.

Hey again everyone, i've got no explanation for why this update took so long but here it is!

I'm changing the format a bit today, again... I'll front-load what has been built and put the story after that.

Here we go!

The first thing done was the entrance to the fortress and the former "rope dangling from space to hell" has been replaced with a proper transporter array:
Capture 2015-08-26 21_19_40.png

Followed by the Witch Doctor getting a proper home, at last:
Capture 2015-08-27 01_21_41.png

And finally, The Mushroom Island!

Timelapse:
(Could anyone please tell me, are you able to watch this or any of my other videos at 1080p?)

RBpQ43q.gif

Capture 2015-08-29 01_55_14.png

Now its time for the story:
During the construction of the mushroom island, Virgas was attacked by one of the two remaining mechanical bosses almost every other night...
Frustrated, he prepared his most powerful weapons, a shadowflame bow and ichor arrows, put on the best of his armor, frost armor.
Ready to take on the mechanical menaces of the night and as the sun fell, he summoned Skeletron Prime...
As the sun rose, two corpses of Skeletron Prime laid on the barren, crimson wasteland below Virgas' arena and he himself stood proudly on the scraps of metal still burning with a indigo flame, his endeavour a resounding success.

He soon found himself at the fishing dock and although he normally went there to relax and take some time off, this time he was on a quest, a quest for boats... no... not boats, for fins of sharks, for he desired a weapon even more powerful than the Shadowflame bow.
Capture 2015-08-27 08_03_26.png

He soon returned to the fortress with several severed shark fins and found everything else he needed to build the weapon, from Fort Ilo's storage room.
In the workshop, he stood at the pink anvil and worked to build his latest creation, The Megashark.
He put so much effort into this one weapon that, when completed was of quality that can only be described as Unreal.

Pleased with his magnificent creation, he was eager to put it to the test.
Earlier, while fishing for sharks at the dock, one of them had eaten a treasure map, which Virgas knew pirates would go crazy after if he waved it around enough.
At the Soulwell, he ate some lunch before he threw the map into the air, and sure enough the pirates almost immediatly ARRived to take his booty... Unfortunately for them, the battle was completely one sided, in favor of Virgas.

He even opted not to acutate the platforms and instead take on all the pirates himself with only two little spiders to assist him.
An uncountable number of men and women fell that day to Virgas' new Megashark and its custom, high velocity bullets.

Convinced in the weapon's incredible power, he soon again stood on the arena, ready to take on the last of the three mechanical bosses, The Twins.
In the completely expected turn of events, Virgas demolished the two giant flying eyeballs and by midnight a second pair fell too.

Unable to wait with unpacking the loot bags he got from the twins, he sat on a wooden platform of his arena and slowly opened both of the bags...

The first one didn't contain anything interesting besides the mechanical wheel piece, the last part needed to build the mechanical minecart...

The second however... Contained...

The Armor...

Of...

The legendary...

Redigit himself.
Screenshot (10).png

(Virgas standing atop Fort Ilo, firing his Unreal Megashark and wearing Red's armor and wings.(The Megashark in the picture has never been reforged))

That's all for today, until next time, TTFN. ^.^

Last edited:
Hey again everyone, i've got no explanation for why this update took so long but here it is!

I'm changing the format a bit today, again... I'll front-load what has been built and put the story after that.

Here we go!

The first thing done was the entrance to the fortress and the former "rope dangling from space to hell" has been replaced with a proper transporter array:
View attachment 74967

Followed by the Witch Doctor getting a proper home, at last:
View attachment 74959
And finally, The Mushroom Island!

Timelapse:
(Could anyone please tell me, are you able to watch this or any of my other videos at 1080p?)

RBpQ43q.gif

Now its time for the story:
During the construction of the mushroom island, Virgas was attacked by one of the two remaining mechanical bosses almost every other night...
Frustrated, he prepared his most powerful weapons, a shadowflame bow and ichor arrows, put on the best of his armor, frost armor.
Ready to take on the mechanical menaces of the night and as the sun fell, he summoned Skeletron Prime...
As the sun rose, two corpses of Skeletron Prime laid on the barren, crimson wasteland below Virgas' arena and he himself stood proudly on the scraps of metal still burning with a indigo flame, his endeavour a resounding success.

He soon found himself at the fishing dock and although he normally went there to relax and take some time off, this time he was on a quest, a quest for boats... no... not boats, for fins of sharks, for he desired a weapon even more powerful than the Shadowflame bow.
View attachment 74968
He soon returned to the fortress with several severed shark fins and found everything else he needed to build the weapon, from Fort Ilo's storage room.
In the workshop, he stood at the pink anvil and worked to build his latest creation, The Megashark.
He put so much effort into this one weapon that, when completed was of quality that can only be described as Unreal.

Pleased with his magnificent creation, he was eager to put it to the test.
Earlier, while fishing for sharks at the dock, one of them had eaten a treasure map, which Virgas knew pirates would go crazy after if he waved it around enough.
At the Soulwell, he ate some lunch before he threw the map into the air, and sure enough the pirates almost immediatly ARRived to take his booty... Unfortunately for them, the battle was completely one sided, in favor of Virgas.

He even opted not to acutate the platforms and instead take on all the pirates himself with only two little spiders to assist him.
An uncountable number of men and women fell that day to Virgas' new Megashark and its custom, high velocity bullets.

Convinced in the weapon's incredible power, he soon again stood on the arena, ready to take on the last of the three mechanical bosses, The Twins.
In the completely expected turn of events, Virgas demolished the two giant flying eyeballs and by midnight a second pair fell too.

Unable to wait with unpacking the loot bags he got from the twins, he sat on a wooden platform of his arena and slowly opened both of the bags...

The first one didn't contain anything interesting besides the mechanical wheel piece, the last part needed to build the mechanical minecart...

The second however... Contained...

The Armor...

Of...

The legendary...

Redigit himself.
View attachment 74972
(Virgas standing atop Fort Ilo, firing his Unreal Megashark and wearing Red's armor and wings.(The Megashark in the picture has never been reforged))

That's all for today, until next time, TTFN. ^.^
(Haven't commented in a while due to the fact that I wasn't getting alerts for some reason.)

*spits out imaginary coffee* That's an actual drop?! I never knew that they could drop Red's armor! That's amazing! Also, I'm really starting to love these animations you're making. Good job!

(Haven't commented in a while due to the fact that I wasn't getting alerts for some reason.)

*spits out imaginary coffee* That's an actual drop?! I never knew that they could drop Red's armor! That's amazing! Also, I'm really starting to love these animations you're making. Good job!
The nausea frames give me a headache. :p

Posting for alerts.

Welcome aboard!

Now onto today's update...

As you may know, Virgas goes !!FULL MAST!!, 100% of the time and today is no exception.

Behold... for this...

ICS Yrimir.png

is ICS(Ω) Yrimir!

Here is how it was built!
(Finally, this video is in 1080p!)

First-rate, Ironclad ship of the line... a Man of War!

Let me show you its features... but allow me to preface that i ran out of ideas on what to put in it before i ran out of space!

it is over 200 feet long, about half the width of Fort Ilo itself!

Now to speak of what it DOES have, from top to bottom:

I tried to make an okayish set of sails for the ship, but likely anyone who has worked with a real vessel with sails would probably crucify me for the crap rigging... not to mention that the mast configuration is wrong...

Like with any ship, the means to controlling the vessel lay on the highest deck, for ships of this size, the poop deck... and since no one on FaceMurdered knows how to make a proper ship wheel and it wouldn't be Fort Ilo enough anyway, the ship is controlled via piece of SCT(Δ) called a "Soul Link" which allows the Captain or Helmsman to directly interface with the ship and its systems.

Directly below the poop deck, on the quarter deck are the Captain's quarters.

Since gunpowder weapons like cannons aren't useful in air to air combat, on the forecastle is one of the two large energy pounders, an SCT weapon which fires homing bolts of energy.

The other one is on the main gun deck just in front of the forecastle. The sheltered space below the forecastle is used for some beds for sleeping in. The Captain's day quarters is at the stern of the main gun deck.

Below that is the officers' housing. On this deck is also the galley, the ship's kitchen and "dining" area. At the bow of this deck is the armory, which also has the stairs leading down to the lower gun deck.

The lower gun deck is mainly unused, save for the experimental REEM(Σ) launcher in the front.

Below the lower gun deck is the orlop deck, which is used mainly for storage and one of three ERE engines, SCT which everyone should be familiar with by now.

The bulk of the hold has been used up for the remaining two ERE engines. There is also the keel and rudder in the back.

Ω: Ilo Collective Ship
Δ: Shaped Crystal Technology
Σ: Either "Reaction Energized Electro-Magnetic (launcher)" or "Really Exciting Elevated Minecart (launcher)", depending on whom you ask.

I'm gonna take a guess that you guys would want a world download, correct? Here you go!

I can only apologize for not producing a more traditional update, but making this took some actual damn effort.

Also if you've read this far, here is a bit of homework: What is the message spelled out by the three signal flags behind the mizzen mast(the mast at the back)?

Today's arrivals:
Nobody :(

GeorgLopez the Arms Dealer is still bedridden.

With today's update done, i must announce:
I'm possibly taking a small break from building Fort Ilo.

That's all for today.
Until next time, TTFN. ^.^

Last edited:
I am so using that energy cannon design, my starship needed a mining laser something fierce.

Been following the build for a while, can't wait to see how things expand!

Is there any way you could post a download for the world each update? If that's too hard, one every few updates? I'm currently using the original download and the current fort looks much cooler. I'm also posting for alerts.

I don't know what to tell you guys, but sadly i think i burned myself out on Terraria and lost all motivation to play it.

In an ironic twist, i abandoned my 1.2.4 world at the same point as this one is at right now... just before the golem.

I can not make any promises as to when Fort Ilo it will return, but i'll probably want to at least check out 1.3.1 once it hits.

I don't know what to tell you guys, but sadly i think i burned myself out on Terraria and lost all motivation to play it.

In an ironic twist, i abandoned my 1.2.4 world at the same point as this one is at right now... just before the golem.

I can not make any promises as to when Fort Ilo it will return, but i'll probably want to at least check out 1.3.1 once it hits.
That happens to me as well. Don't worry about it.

Officially, my lengthy break isn't over but i decided to make a small update anyway...

The fort's power grid needed a serious upgrade as until now the whole fortress ran off of a hand-cranked generator and a rodent powered wheel.

So Virgas set out to build Fort Ilo a new and much improved power source:
Aq3jB7I.gif

The Sol Lapis, capable of putting out close to a terawatt of power at all times but not even a quarter of this is used by the fortress.
Capture 2015-10-04 13_43_55.png

Image of the fortress:
6q6KAnj.jpg

(for some reason, most of the foliage in the fortress has turned some shade of orange or red...)

Here is the link to the world download.

Until next time, i guess.(Whenever that may be)
TTFN ^.^

Last edited:
Officially, my lengthy break isn't over but i decided to make a small update anyway...

The fort's power grid needed a serious upgrade as until now the whole fortress ran off of a hand-cranked generator and a rodent powered wheel.

So Virgas set out to build Fort Ilo a new and much improved power source:
Aq3jB7I.gif

The Sol Lapis, capable of putting out close to a terawatt of power at all times but not even a quarter of this is used by the fortress.
View attachment 80347

Image of the fortress:
6q6KAnj.jpg

(for some reason, most of the foliage in the fortress has turned some shade of orange or red...)

Here is the link to the world download.

Until next time, i guess.(Whenever that may be)
TTFN ^.^
Looking good as always!

Back
Top Bottom