Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

yes, i know everyone uses vampire knives, but this armor is for people that want to use swords. if you want to use vampire knives, wear beetle armor. if you want to use a sword, use fury armor. also, people seem to hate the damage debuff, i might change that a bit.

this is my first thread to have more than one page, cool!

That made no sense. First off, almost every class uses vampire knives, even though its melee. Every class also uses the golden shower too. Oh and check out the summons! Every class can use summoner staves! Also check out the avenger and destroyer emblem.

This game does not restrict play. It only allows you to specialize in the field you enjoy most. It doesn't restrict you to use a specific weapon.

Specialization=/=restriction
Which is a severe problem in this game that needs to be addressed, terraria can be a perfect platform to get people more serious about action/adventure/rpg games but this notion of everyone should have everything always greatly hinders the attachment to a build and that attitude would ruin a players experience in any of said genres.
I know terraria is a casual digging game blah blah blah but the end game is exactly where class benefits and restrictions should come into play and this armor is a great first step.

Which is a severe problem in this game that needs to be addressed, terraria can be a perfect platform to get people more serious about action/adventure/rpg games but this notion of everyone should have everything always greatly hinders the attachment to a build and that attitude would ruin a players experience in any of said genres.
I know terraria is a casual digging game blah blah blah but the end game is exactly where class benefits and restrictions should come into play and this armor is a great first step.
And this is your problem. Terraria is not an RPG, it's a sandbox at heart and will continue to be so. You want an RPG? Use N Terraria or play a different game.

so what would you suggest to change this idea?

also, terraria isn't an RPG, but it's pretty similar.
I'd nerf the defense and give it a different bonus to compensate. Dodge chance and extra movement speed are always good alternatives to defense and additional melee speed will also do well. Extending invincibility time like the cross necklace is also an option. Nerfing the defense also reduces the need to nerf other damage classes if you are so worried about exploitation.

And this is your problem. Terraria is not an RPG, it's a sandbox at heart and will continue to be so. You want an RPG? Use N Terraria or play a different game.
Do you... read? I never said it was, i said it was a platform, a starting point because it has traces ( deep traces how do you not see that ) of the aforementioned genres but the i can has everything attitude is in contrast to all genres it borrows from,

And again somehow, someway everypony forgot you can just take the armor off and switch it up whenever you want.
It's a choice remember, that thing we have in "sandbox" games?

Do you... read? I never said it was, i said it was a platform, a starting point because it has traces ( deep traces how do you not see that ) of the aforementioned genres but the i can has everything attitude is in contrast to all genres it borrows from,

And again somehow, someway everypony forgot you can just take the armor off and switch it up whenever you want.
It's a choice remember, that thing we have in "sandbox" games?
And how is this freedom to obtain everything damaging to this game?

if i nerf the defense, it wont really be possible to fight pumpkin/frost moons because it requires you to get close to enemies. also, ranged and magic damage are now only reduced by 50%. maybe i'll make it give increased melee speed like you suggested.

if i nerf the defense, it wont really be possible to fight pumpkin/frost moons because it requires you to get close to enemies. also, ranged and magic damage are now only reduced by 50%. maybe i'll make it give increased melee speed like you suggested.
And that's why I suggested the other two, increased invincibility window and dodge chance.

And how is this freedom to obtain everything damaging to this game?
So you don't read? Never said anything about not obtaining everything, you should learn the difference between collecting and using.

And before you start cause i know you will i'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to use everything but armors that have restrictions are non existent and that's a problem.

there are already things that do that, the cross necklace and the black belt. also, i kinda miss the simple "extra speed and strength" set bonuses of the older versions. higher damage and defense seem like a pretty good melee set bonus to me.

So you don't read? Never said anything about not obtaining everything, you should learn the difference between collecting and using.

And before you start cause i know you will i'm not saying you shouldn't be allowed to use everything but armors that have restrictions are non existent and that's a problem.
You still haven't explained anything

It isn't the part about melee weapons not having a projectile, It's about the nerfing. No armors in game restrict play style, It's one of the things that make Terraria, Terraria. What if Beetle armor prevented the use of spears? Or Turtle armor required flails to work? Having an armor set that is completely limited to one play style doesn't go well with what Terraria has currently.
*Ahem Spectre armor ahem*
*ahem -40% reduced magic damage ahem*

It could restrict how well you play -_-

By the way where do you make your sprites?
I don't think you get what I meant by restriction. Spectre hood reduces how effective magic damage is, but buffs it to a point where you'll be takier than full beetle scale with all that regen. Spectre does not prevent you from using other weapons however, or nerfs another weapon class to complete uselessness.

I.E. It buffs magic by giving you healing at the expense of damage. It does not "restrict" the player by reducing melee or ranged damage by 90% to the point of uselessness.

And my 2nd answer

Adobe Photoshop CS6

Before anyone else decides to continue this excessively hostile debate, I'm going to cut in. Stop. There is a difference of opinions here, everyone has said their peace, that is all there is to it. You aren't going to convince the other side.

Escalating and getting more angry and rude is just going to get people thread bans and warning points.

Back
Top Bottom