• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Me21

Terrarian
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a place to only post electronics suggestions...

Anyway, I have heard rumors that a 4th wire color will be added (yellow)
This will cause a problem. When red and green wires are in the same spot, they look yellow.

Having a 4th wire color will be very useful, but I think what we really need are colored actuators, which only take signals from their color wire. This will mainly be useful for making screens.

HellGoesOn(Ork)

Skeletron Prime
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a place to only post electronics suggestions...

Anyway, I have heard rumors that a 4th wire color will be added (yellow)
This will cause a problem. When red and green wires are in the same spot, they look yellow.

Having a 4th wire color will be very useful, but I think what we really need are colored actuators, which only take signals from their color wire. This will mainly be useful for making screens.
Its supposed to be an electronic and MECHANICS,GAME MECHANICS.
Its not a rumor,yellow wire exist in 1.3.1.
Actuators dont need colors,it will cause more code work,and why exactly you need making "screens" whatever it must mean?

Jabelspector

Eye of Cthulhu
I completed the adventure map from before, but the ending was anti-climatic due to technicalities...plantera kept despawning! But I've thought of a solution. Give world designers a tool that goes hand in hand with a Boss Totem (pg.100) that prevents the need of current despawn mechanics.

Proximity Tape
A placable material (like paint) that will despawn Boss Totem summoned bosses when crossed by the boss and/or player.
-Three different types: player, boss & player, and boss activated (different colors).
[I'll go back & tweak the Boss Totem idea pg.100]
-"Tape Loop": When the tape makes a/multiple complete border(s) with no breaks.

Last edited:

Krookodile

Skeletron Prime
I am not a very good mechanic in Terraria but a cool trap you could add a boulder that attaches to wire and moved with the wire, although you could just make a boulder that attaches to chains or ropes. Boulders are unfortunately ineffective in the moons because you can only use them once, so maybe a way to use them in a different way? And finally a bouncing boulder! once it starts rolling it keeps on bouncing back and forth so that you could make it hit buttons and other things like that (including enemies!),

Jabelspector

Eye of Cthulhu
I am not a very good mechanic in Terraria but a cool trap you could add a boulder that attaches to wire and moved with the wire, although you could just make a boulder that attaches to chains or ropes. Boulders are unfortunately ineffective in the moons because you can only use them once, so maybe a way to use them in a different way? And finally a bouncing boulder! once it starts rolling it keeps on bouncing back and forth so that you could make it hit buttons and other things like that (including enemies!),
It would be cool if the bouncing boulder was affected by pistons as well. If they ever put in pistons.

Jabelspector

Eye of Cthulhu
Pistons would be cool, but I'm not sure if the game's engine would really agree with them.
That's true. But if it's too much of a problem then pistons should only move players, enemies, Sliding Blocks (pg.98), and Boulders...pretty much objects that are already capable of being moved.

Krookodile

Skeletron Prime
Also I feel that End-Game wings don't do much because of the UFO mount. When I did my first Martian Madness event I got two cosmic car keys From the big UFOs And end game wings aren't that effective if your using the UFO mount.

Jabelspector

Eye of Cthulhu
One-Way Force Fields
Think of Halo Forge.
-1x1 to 1x3 one-way platforms that launch/push you through the blocked side when you move through them.
-One side is blocked, any attacks are blocked and any entities (including players) are bounced back; other side allows attacks & entities to pass through them, entities that touch this side are pulled through and launched to the other side (strength of launch & bounce is somewhat dependent on speed of entity colliding with it).
-Will rotate horizontally, diagonally, vertically (8 rotations) when hammered; rotates clockwise when facing right, counter-clockwise when facing left.
-Wire toggle signal will flip it so the blocked & non-blocked sides are reversed.
-Looks like a translucent glowing platform with a red (for blocked) and a blue (open) side.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447255241,1447255079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also I feel that End-Game wings don't do much because of the UFO mount. When I did my first Martian Madness event I got two cosmic car keys From the big UFOs And end game wings aren't that effective if your using the UFO mount.
Yeah, it would've been great if they gave those wings the ability to dash in all four directions or something.

samufinland

Terrarian
It's Samu's Idiotic Idea Time once again!

An accessory that boosts the player's stats and buffs if they are in front of activated wire

Programmable robots built from blocks

Mechanic class, uses various traps and mechanics to kill enemies(okay bad idea, how about just more traps)

Blueprints
-used to "draw" blueprints that can then be placed anywhere as long as there's enough space
-You "draw" on them lije you would build normally, by choosing the block and clicking. This does not consume the block(would you even need a block? It might be easier if you do, especially with those hundreds of non-mechanical blocks)
-You can use one blueprint as many times as you want, as long as you have the required items in your inventory

Maybe some kind of power sources? It might make wiring and mechanics more complicated but... Nah, it's a bad idea

Thank you for reading

ChasingShadows

Steampunker
Screens? What do you mean? changing screens? Computer Screens?
[DOUBLEPOST=1447261092,1447260889][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blueprints
-used to "draw" blueprints that can then be placed anywhere as long as there's enough space
-You "draw" on them lije you would build normally, by choosing the block and clicking. This does not consume the block(would you even need a block? It might be easier if you do, especially with those hundreds of non-mechanical blocks)
-You can use one blueprint as many times as you want, as long as you have the required items in your inventory
Not a bad idea... could craft with paper, glowing mushrooms and chalk?
Paper is 8 grass seeds at loom?
chalk is a material required for writing on signs and is colourable, for maps, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom