Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the update: I have a few ideas that I would love to see in-game. :)

1. Of course, we need more wiring mechanics! But...there is enough of that mentioned already in the dozens of pages of this thread, so I think you guys have enough variety to choose from. ;)
  2. New enemies: robots. Seems wire-related to me! We do not have any robot-related enemies yet, other than the mechanical bosses. Or not that I remember. They are spawned in a certain sub-biome found underground, like the underground factory, for instance, similar to a mushroom biome. There is an abundance of mechanical chests found there which can hold rare items, like the drone pet, or the robot claw (like an enhanced extendo-grip).
  3. My best idea: With various ingredients from the Steampunker, Mechanic, Cyborg, underground factories, and the Mechanical Bosses, you can craft the Satellite Signal: An event-summoning item. It summons the Hardmode Robot Invasion Event. It is much like the Christmas Event, Halloween Event, and Alien Invasion Event. In difficulty, It is post-Plantera, but pre-Lunar. There will be cyborgs, robots, drones, maybe Terminators, and all sorts of mechanical enemies. There will also be a new robot boss - The Electric Emperor/Steel Sorcerer/Mechanical Menace/Rusty. Main attacks will include lightning, lasers, bombs, missiles, and more! All enemies drop their parts, lots of money, and special gadgets used for advanced wiring, like logic gates. And if you want, you can play some overused electro-dubstep in the background of the event. That would be hilarious!
I look forward to any Terraria update, and this is no exception! 1.3.1! :D

P.S. - I apologize if there was a repeat in ideas - I did not look at the whole thread. Also, I give full permission for these ideas to be built upon by anyone. Just be sure to give credit. Much appreciated. By the way, I am good at graphic arts - If anyone is interested in concept art of what I picture, feel free to ask.

:pumpking: Happy Halloween! :pumpking:
from your robot idea... they should be a hard-mode enemy. once you SUMMON (not kill) a mech boss, they would start spawning like meteors - e.g. a space ship has crashed - a group would stand near the wreck and start repairing it (taking 24 in game hours). once the ship is repaired, they would leave (despawn). however killing them would give you a chance of getting robot armor. the ship would be made out of one of the 6 hard-mode ores (from breaking alters) which can be mined. the strength of the ore determines the number and strength of robots - cobalt=3,palladium=3 but stronger, adamantite=5, titanium=5 but stronger. they shipmay also have alien technology(read down). If you destroy the ship but don't kill the robots, they would still despawn (call a taxi or something)

My theory for them coming after you summon a mech is that they detect the technology and come to investigate, but they crash.

they spawn 3 time as much as meteors, and you can stop/start them spawning with alien tech, using it by placing it and right clicking. (still keeping the on/off state after it is broken)

My theory for this is it would be both an emergency beacon or a warning beacon, telling others to come or stay away.

i got a bit carried away with this, it my be good or bad, idk
[DOUBLEPOST=1445235388,1445235326][/DOUBLEPOST]
I no longer need my axe? Well time to... Bury the hatchet
is that meant to be funny...well it is...ha

I'm french, sorry for the mistakes I'll maybe make.

Maybe that thing have already been posted I haven't read all the 92 pages.

One day, I wanted to make an one-way hidden door, but I couldn't, and I'm normally pretty good with this, find a way to make the door close itself after I was out.

So I had the idea to create a block that would, when activated, will activate wires attached to it after 1,2 or 5 seconds (the 3 will be available, like for the timers)

I've made a Paint to explain it (sorry it's really ugly) :
Idée block terraria.png

Here we can see a presure plate, that open the door and activate the block (red and blue wire). After 5 seconds, when we're out, the pink block activate the green wire that close the door.

One day, I wanted to make an one-way hidden door, but I couldn't, and I'm normally pretty good with this, find a way to make the door close itself after I was out.

So I had the idea to create a block that would, when activated, will activate wires attached to it after 1,2 or 5 seconds (the 3 will be available, like for the timers)

View attachment 81961
Here we can see a presure plate, that open the door and activate the block (red and blue wire). After 5 seconds, when we're out, the pink block activate the green wire that close the door.
Yes, delay switches & breakers would help solve this problem; especially since unlike a door, actuated blocks don't have a wider open state than a closed state. We went into it on page 88.

On/Off Switches
I know testing your contraptions can be time consuming. In order to make the process more speedy, on and off button/switches would be useful. Now I know switches are toggled, not in an on or off state. But having to go and turn off all your timers is a hassle, and you can't just connect a switch to all of them cuz that would just toggle them. Maybe the developers could assign an on & off state on top of timers & certain switches already present functions. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: NE1
Portal Items
Hard light bridges - you/npcs/enemies could walk on it when they are activated but still let projectiles through (including portals)
Fizzler - projectiles (including portals) are stopped but you/npcs/enemies aren't
Turrets - automatic aiming & shooting (like a stationary summon, but weaker)

Misc
Big red button - same as a switch but just looks different
An item to always see wires

...got some research done on MP game modes and thoughts on some items...I'm going to write them up over the next couple of days however an idea came to me just a minute ago...for another mechanic...adding the ability to REBIND npcs such as the goblin tinkerer and mechanic and when perhaps meleed by a player or rt clicked whichever is easier they will follow said player...going somewhere with this.
That should use rope coil

This is not directly related to wiring, yet I would like to see it added:
-more dye combinations, specifically making normal and strange/lunar dyes combinable, so the special ambient effects can be combined/added to a wider variety of base colours.

Not so much of a wiring suggestion, but could I suggest that the Obsidian Outlaw set be made into a Ranged armour set? Ranged is really lacking in terms of armour progression. The first armour set that is for Ranged is the Necro armour set and you don't get that until the dungeon, which is technically JUST before you enter hardmode.

It could just be a basic armour set that provides a little Ranged damage and critical strike bonuses with the set effect being a 10% chance not to consume ammo.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: NE1

View attachment 81961
That's a delay gate, and we should have those.

Hi,

I would love to implement a feature that help deploy large cabling. Something such as first click to determine starting point and a shift click to determine end point - the wire would be auto deployed in a straight line to ease the building of some teleport builds.

Yay! PUMPed for this! (Too soon?) Anyway, my ideas;
  • Some sort of wireless connection system (obviously this has already been posted, but it's just necessary!) Maybe a colour system or something?
  • A new set of traps that are crafted with the lunar pillar fragments. I think it would be cool if you gave them abilities corresponding to the fragment e.g. The stardust one could spawn a minion for 5 seconds or so.
  • Spectre wrench. The spectre paintbrushes were useful for painters with the extended reach, but the wrench's reach could be increased for those willing to go the extra mile.
That's all my ideas for now! Thanks for reading!

To be honest, this idea doesn't have much to do with the theme of the update, but I would like to see mannequins be given an 'inventory'. You would put the armor in the correct armor slot. The new thing would be the ability to equip a weapon and accessories to the mannequin. You would also be able dye the armor and accessories. To fit the theme, I think it would be cool to have a second safe that would not have items specific to the account, but would be locked unless a wire signal has activated it.:golem::golem::golem::golem::golem::golem:

View attachment 81961

It has a few times. I even posted a thread about a delayer. My take on it would be three blocks wide and come in 0, 1, 3, and 5 second versions. After it gets a signal to it's input it will wait the set amount of time and send a signal from the output. As it can't receive a signal the same tick it sends one you could wire it to the door so it will close itself. Part of why I made it.

~~Not wiring related~~

Like I posted before, I wish they could implement another Throwing-Damage set...
Like, we could rework the Obsidian Set to give it Throwing-Damage, and add more 9 sets, to match the hardmode ores sets.
Some materials, like cogs could be used to produce throwing weapons in hardmode, and some weapons could be reworked aswell...

Weapons like :Chain Knife, Paladin Hammer, Daybreak, Flying Knife, Vampire Knives, and all the boomerangs, pre-hardmode and hardmode.

Its just a little weird for melee damage not...be melee at all.

You're supposed to fight close to your targets, not just... throw stuff at them.

Doing this will also balance the melee class,but there will be the need of new melee weapons to sustain so many losses.
The pre-hardmode Throwing Set is very fun and good, and I was sad when I got to know that a hardmode set was not released, or made.

Another idea of mine, is something like a Spear made of Spooky Wood or some late-hardmode material could be used to produce throwing weapons.

A lot of effort could be made to rework the melee class and create an official new class, it's not that hard.Playing melee is mostly boring, as you just click and kill anything, and you just don't die.
Its a problem in every game to have a character that has a lot of damage, and a lot of tankiness.

Charged Gemstones
When you wire and activate a placed gem (on surfaces, not gem blocks) it would turn into a Charged Gem. These give off light of their specific gem color (like the gemstone torches) and count as light sources for houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom