tModLoader Grox The Great's Mods O' Magic Revamped

It seems that Frostbite shield does not actually give you a shell when under 25% of the current maximum life. And maybe you can make it as the same as Frozen turtle shell, which actives at 50% maximum life.

1.0.5 is out guys, lots of fixes and changes in this one. Quite a bit of cross-mod content and support as well!

What does the Thornwind use for ammo? It's not Poison Darts, so what is it?

...It SHOULD use any darts, poison included, I used it just earlier today. Where were the darts in your inventory?

Are Dusty Grits supposed to drop Acid Sacks?

People keep bringing up Dusty Grits dropping incorrect items; this seems to be a reloading bug whereby the item ids do not swap properly. Closing and opening terraria again should fix it.

I think i have found a bug with the basemod.
(V 9.0.3 on Mac)
Whenever it says Reading: Basemod
It just crashes
Any help would be appreciated.

This is an unfortunate mac issue I cannot fix as it would require rewriting a good portion of Basemod and GRealm, on top of it using what should be a universal function, so sadly this is something I cannot fix. :(

It seems that Frostbite shield does not actually give you a shell when under 25% of the current maximum life. And maybe you can make it as the same as Frozen turtle shell, which actives at 50% maximum life.

Going to doublecheck this, but it flags the game the same way vanilla does so i'll see if i'm missing something.

So I noticed that Folvine doesn't really do much in expert mode, it's a bit saddening actually.

Folvine needs an expert AI and an expert item.

An idea for expert folvine could be...
Well first of all, the damage of both folvine and his seedlings needs to be increased, I was taking 1 damage per hit from him and his seedlings(Full tide hunter armor from thorium, I did have 3 warding + 2 armored prefix on my accessories and I had the obsidian shield, but even then other expert bosses of this tier would do at least 30 damage)
Another idea to buff him in expert would be to make his seedlings shoot out a pollen explosion every time they are killed, and to make them less likely to drop hearts.
A third idea would be at 33% of max health, folvine would summon 4 protective seedlings around itself, while these seedlings are active he gains a massive 150 point defense boost, and every 5 seconds the seedlings will heal him for 5hp per seedling, the protective seedlings would have 500HP each.
After killing the seedlings folvine's defense will return to normal allowing the player to deal proper damage to it again, however folvine will enter a rage mode where it moves alot faster, fires shotgun bursts of pollen instead of just a single shot, and as its health diminishes, its damage and speed will further increase.
In its enrage state it will summon alot more seedlings, and the seedling's on death pollen explosion will shoot much more pollen then they did before.

I also noticed folvine lacked an expert item, so I suggest this.
Pollen Sack
equippable accessory that only drops from folvine on expert mode.
acts like an earlier version of the honeyhive backpack, the pollen sack will gradually fill with drinkable pollen that will restore health.
The pollen sack maxes out at 30HP, and fills at 1/4th the speed of the honeyhive backpack.

Any thoughts on this Grox? I do feel that folvine needs some of that expert love.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but folvine's grippers tend to grief the jungle grass alot, any chance this could be fixed?

So I noticed that Folvine doesn't really do much in expert mode, it's a bit saddening actually.

Folvine needs an expert AI and an expert item.

An idea for expert folvine could be...
Well first of all, the damage of both folvine and his seedlings needs to be increased, I was taking 1 damage per hit from him and his seedlings(Full tide hunter armor from thorium, I did have 3 warding + 2 armored prefix on my accessories and I had the obsidian shield, but even then other expert bosses of this tier would do at least 30 damage)
Another idea to buff him in expert would be to make his seedlings shoot out a pollen explosion every time they are killed, and to make them less likely to drop hearts.
A third idea would be at 33% of max health, folvine would summon 4 protective seedlings around itself, while these seedlings are active he gains a massive 150 point defense boost, and every 5 seconds the seedlings will heal him for 5hp per seedling, the protective seedlings would have 500HP each.
After killing the seedlings folvine's defense will return to normal allowing the player to deal proper damage to it again, however folvine will enter a rage mode where it moves alot faster, fires shotgun bursts of pollen instead of just a single shot, and as its health diminishes, its damage and speed will further increase.
In its enrage state it will summon alot more seedlings, and the seedling's on death pollen explosion will shoot much more pollen then they did before.

I also noticed folvine lacked an expert item, so I suggest this.
Pollen Sack
equippable accessory that only drops from folvine on expert mode.
acts like an earlier version of the honeyhive backpack, the pollen sack will gradually fill with drinkable pollen that will restore health.
The pollen sack maxes out at 30HP, and fills at 1/4th the speed of the honeyhive backpack.

Any thoughts on this Grox? I do feel that folvine needs some of that expert love.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but folvine's grippers tend to grief the jungle grass alot, any chance this could be fixed?

Expert Item is already conceptualized and is in the works. Your pollen sack idea might be a good craftable item though, although probably not as healing, maybe acting akin to the Orbs from the horde in that you have a small chance to inflict pollenated with weapons?

Expert AI, not so sure on. Specifically, not sure what he could do that wouldn't feel gimmicky. I don't really like the idea of a shield, and speed can only do so much as folivine moves fairly fast already, going too fast makes him hard to properly hit. What I may do is cause his vines to be unhittable in expert, which would dramatically reduce damage output as you must hit his center for it to count, as well as removing one big weakness of his which is being able to inflict buffs multiple times (on fire x5 on all vines + body) I have already boosted his damage once, and the seedlings do not drop hearts nearly as often as before, so I don't want to change either of those. Pollenated seedlings are an idea I may want to try though...

Not sure I can fix the tile griefing (i'm presuming you mean he breaks vines and the like?) but i'll give it a gander and see what I can do.

In my ammo slots.
thornwind.gif

All I can say is maybe try re-downloading the mod? This gif was taken with the latest version so if it was broken at one point it certainly isn't now.

Last edited:
Great mod ! Enjoying this so far, but do you think you could make it so that when Infinity mod is detected, evershining copper/silver/gold coin can be used as ammo for the coin guns ? They work with the vanilla coin gun but not with yours.

The cursed flames dropping in the Hardmode Hordes event is actually "Cursed Flame" magic weapon. Could you fix it in the next update?

...Oops. And this folks, is why you should check on what the id actually is before assumptions. Fix this, I shall.

Great mod ! Enjoying this so far, but do you think you could make it so that when Infinity mod is detected, evershining copper/silver/gold coin can be used as ammo for the coin guns ? They work with the vanilla coin gun but not with yours.

I'd need to talk with Infinity Mod about crossover support, i'll see if they want to.

I am currently doing a Melee playthrough that includes your mod and I am really enjoying your mod content however I find the Alpha Blade is too easy to obtain, all it takes is a delve into a few caves and I am already equipt with a sword that will carry me through pre-hardmode. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoy your mod content and I look forward to future updates. ;)

So I noticed some empty spaces in the miner's shop.
20170105211129_1.jpg

What's supposed to be between demonite and aquaite?
I can tell that Lodestone is supposed to be between adamantite and valadium though.

In reference to the comments above:
Folivine is a pre-hard Plantera, so I believe Expert mode should have a Plantera-like mechanic where it enrages at a certain hp threshold and gains new abilities

There is a lot of materials that IDK where I got them or how to get more of them. Could you add a bit more info to the first post or give more clues ingame or something?

i think it might be that it only allows one of the 2 bars to be bought (demonite but not crimtane, lodestone but not valadium, and vice versa).
Crimtane is sold at night in place of demonite as all alternative ores.
Maybe Lodestone\Valadium is sold at night too?

Last edited:
This may be an overlook, or it might've been intended, but Golden Gravestones can't be made into any form of Tomb Bolt. If it IS an overlook, then maybe make Gold Tomb Bolts that do more damage made from Golden Tombstones?

Back
Top Bottom