Halocaster's Terraria Walkthrough (W.I.P.)

Halocaster

Official Terrarian
Halocaster's Terraria Walkthrough

index.php

Greetings, fellow gamers. I am Halocaster, an experienced gamer and I have played Terraria since 2016.

This is a full remake of my original walkthrough which is based on playing in an Expert mode world. If you want to check it out, then here is the link. Take note that it won't be updated or edited anymore:

I will show you how I play the game since 2016. I have already finished the game several times, so I think I should make this walkthrough. I hope that you will learn something when you are finished reading this forum post. Thanks in advance for reading this.

Notes and Reminders:
- This walkthrough is still a work in progress. Eventually, it will be complete, but finishing it might take some time.
- Some of the information I provided here may be false, incorrect of invalid. If you notice it, please kindly comment here so that I can change, replace or delete it as soon as possible.
- The following information shows you how I normally play the game. You can freely judge or correct me if you see something wrong.
- You can also help me flesh out and polish this walkthrough if you want. If you want to help me, please send me a direct message.

index.php

Getting Started
Start your journey by exploring the whole surfaces of the world. Chop wood, kill slimes for gels (which can be crafted into torches), obtain loot from chests and smash pots for treasure.

To survive in your first night, craft a wooden sword or a wooden bow (you can craft them at workbenches) (craft arrows if you will make a wooden bow, crafting an arrow requires one wood and one stone) to kill those pesky enemies. Kill zombies in order to obtain the "Shackles" which is very useful for mages. Craft and place torches in the environment to lighten up your world. If you just want to pass the night and you do not want to kill enemies, just make a box made from solid blocks like wood or stone. It it recommended to kill enemies though to obtain loot.

In the next day, you might want to start making your base immediately or go to the Desert, Crimson or Corruption to make Cactus, Ebonwood, or Shadewood armor which is apparently stronger than copper or tin armor. To make those armors, chop up cactus, ebonwood or shadewood trees and craft the armors in a workbench. If you want to make a base first though, then I will show you informations and tips to make a safe and useful base.

You should make your base floating in the air. Doing so will prevent most enemies from reaching your base. Place ropes or blocks to access your base quickly. Craft and place a campfire just beneath your base. Start making your base by making at least 3 valid NPC houses (9x7 house is the minimum size for a valid NPC house.), a crafting station and a storage room. Your crafting station should have at least a workbench, furnace or an anvil. Place several chests in your storage room and name it one by one to sort out items.

After getting armor and/or making a base, you must go into the caverns of your world. You should have found a cave when exploring the world back in your first day. If you did not, then just dig down (dig diagonally, not vertically, but if you want to dig vertically, place ropes and platforms around the hole to ascend quickly) and you will eventually find a cave. You must go into the caverns to get ores, treasures and loot. Your first priority is to get ores to make stronger equipment like armors, weapons or tools. Silver or Tungsten equipment is enough to take down Eye of Cthulhu or King Slime (both are early game bosses) but getting Gold or Platinum equipment is much better. Find the gold chests underground to find several useful items, like the Magic Mirror or the Hermes Boots, which are very useful.

After getting strong equipment, you might want to start fishing to obtain items like the Frog Leg or Sailfish Boots which are very similar to Hermes Boots (both are used to make the Spectre Boots along with Rocket Boots). You will notice eventually that you also get crates from fishing. It is your decision to use it or save it. You might still want to use it to get strong items and metal bars, but saving it until Hardmode is useful too. You will also get quest fishes from fishing. Give them to the Angler, a NPC found in the ocean biome.

Next Part: Your First Boss Fight

As soon as I post this into the forums, I will continue working on this walkthrough, so watch out! I actually wrote it first in my notebook. Now I'm copying the whole thing into this post. Sorry for some grammatical errors/mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom