• Ankh Shield

• Frostspark Boots

• Arctic Diving Gear

• Toolbox

• Fishron Wings

• Diamond Ring

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ankh Shield.
Took me a whole morning to find Bezoar. Guess I don't have to talk about the rest.
Diamond Ring.
20 plat coins to get it. Have to grind BoC/EoW for a long time for coins.[DOUBLEPOST=1413386830][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think the people posting on here understand what goes into the bundle of balloons.
One of the balloons is made with a normal balloon and a sandstorm in a bottle.
You can only get Sandstorm in a bottle in a Pyramid- 1:20 chance of spawn on a new world.
Three possibilities in a Pyramid- 1:20 x 1:3
Sure the blizzard in a balloon and cloud in a balloon aren't that hard to make, but since you usually only get one balloon in a world, you have to create three worlds to get three balloons.
I Personally have four Ankh Shields, but only one bundle of balloons.
Luckily, I found a pyramid on my main world.

I just want to make a collection of all items in-game.
If your collecting all items and that's the only item your missing that would be pretty impressive as there are many items that are vastly rarer...
so many enemies drop the parts of the ankh shield that its hard not to get the parts on almost all of my playthrough's I have at least gotten all but 3 parts by hardmode dungeon (and the last part is always either a blindfold(for crimson worlds) or vitamins) the only this need to help out the ankh shield is more enemies that inflict weak and darkness(for crimson worlds)
now bundle of balloons requires some luck as worlds are not guaranteed to contain the parts (blizzard in a bottle and definitely sandstorm in a bottle and don't forget most worlds only have one balloon) so one might very well need 20+ worlds to make it...
If you would rather mass generate worlds that kill a few thousand enemies then wow...

I sort of got most of the ankh shield components without trying. The only thing I had to farm for was the megaphone, and that only took one blood moon. Same for 2 ice skates, although I did have to farm for a diving helmet.

I'd say Bundle of balloons, just trying to get a Sandstorm in a bottle is annoying as hell...

...funny, in my first 1.2 world, i never noticed i had a pyramid there, and by the time i found out it was there (noticed it standing out from Crimson taking over the sand) i was so Annoyed that i sorta cheated the sandstorm in a bottle...

good things come to those who wait i guess.

Ankh shield is overated. It's nearly useless in a boss fight or event.

Lol? The knockback prevention alone is worth having in an event, and not too shabby for a boss fight either, though not quite as useful. Add in the defense, especially with a modifier like Armored or Warding, and the status preventions, and I call shenanigans on you good sir.

Lol? The knockback prevention alone is worth having in an event, and not too shabby for a boss fight either, though not quite as useful. Add in the defense, especially with a modifier like Armored or Warding, and the status preventions, and I call shenanigans on you good sir.

I'm gonna call shenanigans on this for a couple of reasons.

Tell me what boss in Hardmode deals a status effect that the Ankh Shield can block.

Knockback resistance is okay, but you would be granted the same effect with better defense with a Paladin's shield.

When you have Warding on an Ankh Shield, that totals to 8 defense. That's negating 4 damage points. When you are taking damage that exceeds 60, you are wasting your modifier slots. Making the boss go down faster is how you will survive, not being able to tank a 1/4 hit more.

What the Ankh Shield IS good at is general survivability in situations that require exploration and spelunking.

For my topic, it would definitely be the Bundle of Balloons. Reason being because I need multiple worlds just to create one.

Last edited:
Dang this thread is still going, didn't expect it to get this popular. Ankh Shield is winning by a landslide, and I FINALLY got one. Now i just have to get every item in the game....

I could choose Lucky Coin if there could be in poll, same with Celestial Stone and with Lava Waders. They aren't too very easily colectable/crafteable.

Back
Top Bottom