Weapons & Equip Hardmode Enemy-Dropped Armor Sets

Always thought that my ranger needed a rustic-looking armour, I thought the rusty chainmail would be perfect. So this needs to be added. Is there a mod for it?

I am working on it, but I could definitely do with a few extra hands. ;)
Sadly the few people I knew that have some skills in coding havent used tAPI, but both have used C#

While I am fairly witty in general I have almost no experince progaming, however couldn't the code used in other armours be copied over to these, just using diferent IDs, the armors don't have any special abilities other then the paladin's chance to reflect damage, and that one is already in the game with the turtle set.

If you need sprites I could do that but there are a load of other people that are better and probably faster than me.

Sadly the few people I knew that have some skills in coding havent used tAPI, but both have used C#

While I am fairly witty in general I have almost no experince progaming, however couldn't the code used in other armours be copied over to these, just using diferent IDs, the armors don't have any special abilities other then the paladin's chance to reflect damage, and that one is already in the game with the turtle set.

If you need sprites I could do that but there are a load of other people that are better and probably faster than me.
For suggestions like this one, most of the work isn't difficult ─ with tAPI it's easier than ever. However, even though most of it is easy, it'll simply be a lot of work, which is time consuming.
Also, animated sprite sheets for all the armors have to be made, which takes spriting skills and a heap of time. So again, it's not really difficult (assuming you have the skills needed), it's just a lot.

Also, animated sprite sheets for all the armors have to be made, which takes spriting skills and a heap of time.
I've actually been doing those, since I can't program stuff. :p

But yeah, if you can help out with the basics and can use tAPI, I can invite you the the team. @Pumpking could do with some help. :happy:

Just give me a definitive yes and you can come aboard. ;)

I find this suggestion unnecessary because it adds too many near-useless armors to the game.
"Oh God, these are all Dungeon monsters... the Paladin should be coming soon. Yep there it is! Why the hell does everyone love that thing?"
Maybe that's just me deviating from what appears to be the majority of Terrarians but I think the Paladin dropping his weapon and accessory is good enough.

Last edited:
Maybe that's just me deviating from what appears to be the majority of Terrarians but I think the Paladin dropping his weapon and accessory is good enough.
It's a simple "why not" situation. Why not have super tanky Melee armor when there's a super tanky Dungeon monster with armor?

It's a simple "why not" situation. Why not have super tanky Melee armor when there's a super tanky Dungeon monster with armor?
I guess.. we already got Beetle Armor for that. No support, not only do I not like this suggestion, my hate for the Paladin is too strong...

Last edited:
Heavy Armor.png
Ranger Armor.png
Just gave these sprites BG hands...
Heavy Bone Helmet.png
And updated this one.

you have my undivided and unrelenting support on this suggestion. i would love to see armor dropped by hardmode npcs, and i have a supporting logic for why. the npc dropped armor would make for acceptable gear, albeit not most desirable in instances of where the player chose to play medium core rather than softcore or hardcore and needs backup gear to retrieve their gear in the event the player dies and needs to recover their better gear, and well, it is cosmetically pleasing :D

Back
Top Bottom