Note: Requires Mod Helpers
Honor Bound is a mod that lets you adjust how challenging you want the game to be. It works with my existing gameplay mods by adjusting their settings according to presets, and then lets you lock them in for a given world. You may mix and match presets as you see fit, or else play without any (read: no honorifics set) for only the 'lite' experience. You can even disable all of the pack's mods for a given world (the 'no honor' mode).
This mod is also meant as a working example of a configurable mod pack. With this sort of design, mod authors can similarly make tailored packs according to their preferences, or else just based on broader experience of what works together and what doesn't.
Source code is available here. API now available (read this for how to use without mod dependencies).
To begin, start a game and open the UI (top screen blue tab) to adjust your desired honorifics to your liking.
Available honorifics are as follows:
- Item use drains stamina.
- Only 100 starting stamina (otherwise 200).
- Life Crystals need evil biome boss drops to craft.
- Cracked Life Crystals require more Broken Hearts.
- 1-Ups need voodoo dolls to craft.
- No craftable Life Crystals or 1-Ups.
- 3 starting lives only (otherwise 10).
- Recall/mirror warp requires 3s warmup delay.
- Nurse heals add a stacking debuff.
- Broken Hearts last only 8s before fading (otherwise 24s).
- 3x more likely to lose max health from damage.
- Items have 1/2 normal durability.
- Repairs drain max durability.
- No durability repairs.
- NPCs must not live crowded or high above ground.
- Lunatic gives +1 day apocalypse delay for each mask (otherwise +2.5 days).
- Lunatic gives 1/2 added time for Wall of Flesh.
- Lunatic gives 1/2 warmup time (otherwise 9 days).
- Lunatic requires every boss mask (not just Moon Lord's).
- Lunatic gives 5x warmup time.
- Lunatic gives 5x mask time.
Requires tModLoader (+0.11). Copy the above unzipped .tmod file to your 'Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods' folder to play. You'll also need the following mods to play this (also available on the mod browser):
- Implemented FloatInputElement for config
- Updated for TML11.5
- Fixed issue with incorrectly enabling mods
- Updated to TML11.4 & MH5b
- Updated to MH v184.108.40.206 (including conventions)
- Switched snake case to camel case
- Switched GetUniqueIdWithSeed to GetUiniqueId()
- Fixed possible crash from failed world id
- Updated to Mod Helpers v2.0.2
- Renamed player and world class
- Updated for recent mod changes
- Added support for Hamstar Helpers v1.2.0 issue report
- Added API
- Fixed mod version checking to use actual mod version rather than config version (needed because honorifics now use mod APIs)
- Refactored code to newer standard
- Updated mod compatibility
- Added mod browser icon
- Fixed game reloading issue.
- Updated for Losing Is Fun v1.1.0
- Updated for Durability v2.4.0.
- Fixed major multi-world loading bug
- Removed 'build' from version number compat checks (makes maintenance releases of dependent mods a bit easier)
- Fixed bug preserving incorrect checkbox states between successive new games.
- Improves some honorific descriptions + corrected settings.
- Updated for TML 0.10
- Offloaded utility/helper code to Hamstar's Helpers mod (now a dependency)
- Numerous fixes and tweaks
- Refactored lots of code
- Renamed some honorifics (and tweaked descriptions)
- Fixed a bug with loading honorifics
- Initial release.