How do you feel about the constant delays and disappointments from Re-Logic?

I can't blame you for stopping. It's almost 2,5 years ago since the last update that added something interesting (When it comes to PC).

So I can understand that it's losing interests.
Then again, you don't really have to stick to a single game while waiting though.

EDIT: As for the 'constant disappointments' All I remember is only that they've left Otherworld to move on.
It sounds like a disappointment at first, but this leaves so much space to work on the stuff that's more important. With the monthly news they're showing on all three platforms. I can only encourage the hard work they're putting into it.

Last edited:
Don't have any expectations, and as a result you won't be disappointed. As ppowersteef pointed out, there are other games out there. And there are many.
And it's really not so strange to stop playing a game at some point. There aren't any games that anyone would want to play for their entire life. Eventually you play through a game, get bored with it, and move on to other games.

Don't pay attention to what a game developer/publisher does. If ReLogic eventually release something new, you can either be pleasantly surprised due to having known nothing about the new game, or, if the game doesn't turn out to be that great, be happy that you weren't on the hype train and thus saving yourself from waiting and disappointment.

"Constant"? They messed up the development of an entire game premise, granted, but it was uncharted territory and I think they're allowed a second chance in that regard. And while I am a bit annoyed about the continuous delays of 3.6, if it's big enough to warrant the timesink I will consider it fully worthwhile. Overall Re-Logic is one of my top publishers for consistency- so far.

Disappointments?
Only thing I have CLOSE to a disappointment is mobile 1.3 taking a while, and I understand that.
And they bombard us with spoilers for 1.3.6 so I’m ok waiting.

Delay implies they had a release date announced and then it was moved, does it not?

I don't recall them ever having a release date.

Having said that, it's completely normal and expected for most people to play something else until the update releases.

All the updates have been free, which not a whole lot of developers do. Keep that in mind.

Edit: For those that follow the game industry delays are a healthy common practice most developers do. If something isnt ready... Why would you release it?

Last edited:
Delay implies they had a release date announced and then it was moved, does it not?

I don't recall them ever having a release date.

Having said that, it's completely normal and expected for most people to play something else until the update releases.

All the updates have been free, which not a whole lot of developers do. Keep that in mind.
Actually I'm hard pressed to think of a developer that does not release free updates these days. It's become an industry standard alongside in-game purchases.

Actually I'm hard pressed to think of a developer that does not release free updates these days. It's become an industry standard alongside in-game purchases.

But exclusively free updates? A lot of games that updated for as long as Terraria has had AT LEAST one or two paid DLCs at this point.

I suppose when I said free updates I meant Content Updates. Patches that fix or balance things is common practice. Im not so sure I agree about Content Updates being common practice.

I'm in agreement with a few of the people here, they made an amazing game that's only grown bigger since its release with free content and it has absolutely zero microtransactions. So anyone who has disappointments perhaps needs to stop and appreciate a company that takes its time and makes a good game as opposed to many 'AAA' title companies who hold the opposite stance, trying to make as much money as possible with the absolute minimum of effort.

For some reason I thought OP was talking about Terraria 2. But yeah, when it comes to Terraria 1, I've said this many times before, we are all extremely lucky that they still support this game so many years after release, and making new content for it, -free of charge-.

To my knowledge, there aren't any other developers/publishers that do this, but if there are, there aren't many. And for this alone, Re-Logic will forever be awesome in my book.
They don't have to do this. They could have stopped at Terraria 1.0, never to be heard from again. Or they could have thrown out paid DLC every once in a while, like so many devs/publishers do.
But they don't do either. They keep being amazing people, giving us stuff for free, nearly a decade after the game's release.

If this was standard practice in the gaming industry, it would be a gamer's heaven.

Well, Terraria itself feels pretty complete, and while new things could be nice, the game is fine as it is. They still push updates on other platforms so other versions have the same content as the PC Version.

About possible Terraria 2 - it up to them to make it or not, to hide the possible development before it's ready or not. And closing T:O was also up to them.

But i disagree with people who say "there are other game out there". Aside from Starbound, that may or not be to your tastes for various reasons, there is no other "major" game in genre. Trust me, i tried them all (or almost). So we really subpar almost to the point of scam, some other had very nice ideas but the Dev team was too small to work on them. Some stuck in infinite EA.

So, if you want "Terraria Experience" there is basically only Terraria itself.

It's actually quite similar to that happen to Minecraft - after it's huge popularity and golden age of Minecraft Modding that provide almost endless possibilities, now everything around it is slowly dying ("normal" version is still very popular though). But did Minecraft inspire any great new games of a similar concept as i, and probably a lot other people hoped for? Well, there were a lot of attempts, and some of those game are playable, but after 10 years there is still no game that's "like Minecraft, but better".

In the end, i think it's a shame that it looks like the great idea ended with Terraria. So much time passed, and chances of Terraris 2 being in active development are slim. IMO.

I can't speak for others, but I didn't mean other games in the adventure sandbox genre. I meant other games in general. Just wanted to add that bit of clarification real quick.

I do agree that Terraria is best in genre, but I assure you there are TONS of fantastic games to play while waiting.

Well, Terraria itself feels pretty complete, and while new things could be nice, the game is fine as it is. They still push updates on other platforms so other versions have the same content as the PC Version.

About possible Terraria 2 - it up to them to make it or not, to hide the possible development before it's ready or not. And closing T:O was also up to them.

But i disagree with people who say "there are other game out there". Aside from Starbound, that may or not be to your tastes for various reasons, there is no other "major" game in genre. Trust me, i tried them all (or almost). So we really subpar almost to the point of scam, some other had very nice ideas but the Dev team was too small to work on them. Some stuck in infinite EA.

So, if you want "Terraria Experience" there is basically only Terraria itself.

It's actually quite similar to that happen to Minecraft - after it's huge popularity and golden age of Minecraft Modding that provide almost endless possibilities, now everything around it is slowly dying ("normal" version is still very popular though). But did Minecraft inspire any great new games of a similar concept as i, and probably a lot other people hoped for? Well, there were a lot of attempts, and some of those game are playable, but after 10 years there is still no game that's "like Minecraft, but better".

In the end, i think it's a shame that it looks like the great idea ended with Terraria. So much time passed, and chances of Terraris 2 being in active development are slim. IMO.
Terraria 2 is the world's best kept secret, apparently. They've confirmed it's in the works multiple times over the past half-decade but everyone seems to keep forgetting.
I can't speak for others, but I didn't mean other games in the adventure sandbox genre. I meant other games in general. Just wanted to add that bit of clarification real quick.

I do agree that Terraria is best in genre, but I assure you there are TONS of fantastic games to play while waiting.
Oh, I don't know. When I'm not playing Terraria I just play a lot of Siege and PUBG. There's really no other games I've been able to find to keep my interest.

Personally I've stopped playing until they add something new.
Stopped and tried to find a replacement for Terraria: Darkout- never finished; abandoned..Signs of Life- long wait for any development, but looks promising
There are others I can't remember (CREA) that had poor quality or bad gameplay.
So most of my disappointment is for the copy cats that failed.
I don't know what Red is doing. He should be working on a new game.

I don't know what Red is doing. He should be working on a new game.

I assure you it wouldn't be in the best interest of the company to sit on the revenue of a single game made back in 2011 with no planned paid DLC. We know they are working on the next free update that much is clear, and as Lord Garak mentioned in the post above yours Terraria 2 was confirmed to being worked on awhile back. I would even imagine that could be the cause of 1.3.6 taking as long as it has, the simultaneous development of two projects.

Just because we haven't been shown any content from any new game or project doesn't mean it isn't being worked on. Give it time, soon we get 1.3.6. Then some time afterwards we'll get a new installment for the series.

aye to be fair, I gave up on getting any updates to the game back when 1.1 released and it was confirmed there wasn't going to be another update after that. Everything since then has been a surprise. From my perspective, it's absurd that they keep pouring so many hours into improvements for a game they've already sold. I'm not disappointed. If anything, I'm concerned that they'll be so dedicated to big, free updates that they'll never make another game, and end up running funds dry enough that there's no more room for employment, good people will be forced out of the team, and both free AND paid content will end. I want a new game from re-logic, to buy. I'm definitely not disappointed that I'm not getting free stuff for no reason at the same speed I used to.

Edit: But I play the PC version. Maybe being a console/mobile player would be a different experience.

I'm disappointed to see that the spoilers for "1.4" haven't had anything to do with content that relates to game progression, i.e, after Moon Lord or throughout the current game (making pre-Hardmode and pre-Plantera longer).

I just want enough content in the next big update that would sustain a playthrough that feels new. At the moment, after what, 2.5 years, I feel a disappointed that all they've shown seems to be small tweaks to the experience of the game, nothing that big yet.

I'm disappointed to see that the spoilers for "1.4" haven't had anything to do with content that relates to game progression, i.e, after Moon Lord or throughout the current game (making pre-Hardmode and pre-Plantera longer).

I just want enough content in the next big update that would sustain a playthrough that feels new. At the moment, after what, 2.5 years, I feel a disappointed that all they've shown seems to be small tweaks to the experience of the game, nothing that big yet.
I'm happy as can be that they aren't following your mantra. Terraria needs balancing and padding, not more huge content updates. And especially not post-Moonlord content.

Back
Top Bottom