How do you feel that 1.3 is almost here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully there are some other games I can focus my attention on, so I'm not counting down the days. :)
But nonetheless, I'll be very thrilled when it gets here.

I'm fairly excited. The one thing I'm worried about is whether GoG will get the update in a timely manner. Experience with other games has shown this isn't always the case.

I'm pretty excited. I'm looking forward not only to exploring new early-game content with friends, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how much more powerful my endgame characters can become. I have really high hopes for Expert mode as well, since I enjoy overcoming odds that are decidedly not in my favor.

However, I'm especially pumped for the potential bartering wave that's coming with 1.3. I stockpile stuff all the time and I love trading things with other players.

I feel pretty good about it. I wasn't around much when the 1.2 update was released, I don't even remember the 1.1 release, wasn't here for the 1.0 release. So I look forward to all the positive energy from the 1.3 update. Assuming I'm not in the process of moving at the time.

I look forward to seeing how people will use the granite and other new blocks.

And of course, the ocean of salty tears that Expert will bring :D

I'm exited, but not really hyped. I'm not even nearly done with all of the stuff in terraria currently, and I recently started a new playthrough.

EASY! I don't care what the "PC mater race" gets spoiled with. I'm just waiting for the console dudes to come out with 1.2.3 and 4

Both excited and frustrated. Time left isn't measured in months anymore, but dang I'm impatient right now.

Patient, probably? Some other games probably took the majority of my hype capacity (No Man's Sky and Star Citizen the most) and it's not like Terraria's being completely reinvented either.
So in general, I'm in the "somewhat anticipant" category.

Playing it right away in June is the best way to spoil my university exams in July.
So I´ll wait till it´s done and do exactly one playthrough in expert mode

I'm pretty excited for it considering i just finished my final 1.2 playthrough (well did the frostmoon once and decided nope) as my one and only melee playthrough. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new magic items they will be adding in 1.3.

I'm excited to see if I'll be able to not look at the changelog before playing. I want to play and experience it without pouring over every detail in the changelog, but I don't know if I'll be able to actually do it.

Some days I think I can do it. And other days I know I'll crack. The pressure.

Being a cook, one learns that you shouldn't judge things before you get to taste them - with the exception being harmful things, of course, which are best not tried.

In the context of the thread, that means "I'll see if the update is worth my time once I get to play it, high expectations are meant to be ruined, and hype is meant to be met with disappointment."

I'm excited to see if I'll be able to not look at the changelog before playing. I want to play and experience it without pouring over every detail in the changelog, but I don't know if I'll be able to actually do it.

Some days I think I can do it. And other days I know I'll crack. The pressure.

I hope to experience 1.3 by doing this. Considering how easily I spoil things for myself and how I drink every bit of information I can get my hands on, it will actually be very difficult to not look at the changelog.

It feels strange overall, I think its similar to what I felt during the 1.2 update. Not sure what to really expect, it feels like a completely new game is being designed again and that the result will feel completely new. Whether its for the better or worse can't be seen. I plan to finish up my final 1.2 playthrough before the update comes out.

I'm gonna be happy, really happy, when it comes out. I'll play it and be glad for it. As it stands, not really hyped - I only get hyped when it's a fruitless hope, for some reason. Such as hoping that TF2's End of the Line will bring me weapons.

But seriously - judging from what I've seen, the Re-Logic team have poured their heart and soul into this to make Terraria a better, more balanced, deeper, expository and hopefully innuendo-packed game.

I can't decide whether to look at the changelog or not - with Terraria, I think it might be better to, since I will do better knowing what I should invest time into. However, my perspective was recently changed by a playthrough of Spiral Knights, which I got on a whim (mostly for the TF2 hat) and had immense fun playing with little or no help from the wiki.

1.3 is coming out early June right? Looking forward to grinding through the game with some buds and having a look see at the new features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom