tModLoader ItemMagnetPlus - Customizable Item Magnet

Would it be possible to add a setting to reduce or eliminate the sparkle particles produced by attracted items? It can make things laggy when there's a ton of stuff flying around the screen, especially since the particle counts seem a bit excessive to begin with.

In my particular case, I am experiencing more lag during a post-plantera bloodmoon while wearing the coin ring accessory. For now, I'm just adding "coin" to the item magnet's filter, and using the coin ring's increased pickup range.

Would it be possible to add a setting to reduce or eliminate the sparkle particles produced by attracted items? It can make things laggy when there's a ton of stuff flying around the screen, especially since the particle counts seem a bit excessive to begin with.

In my particular case, I am experiencing more lag during a post-plantera bloodmoon while wearing the coin ring accessory. For now, I'm just adding "coin" to the item magnet's filter, and using the coin ring's increased pickup range.
Yes, this and some multiplayer fixes are coming in the next update. They are currently being tested

Update v0.1.10 is out, check the changelogs!
This should reduce the sparks produced by pulled in items, aswell as iron out some desync bugs in MP aswell as pulling in boss bags from other players.

If you do experience disappearing or desyncing items (not being able to pick them up), take notes of the following things and make a post in this thread:
* Was the inventory full at any point before or after the bug occured
* Were items picked up during that time with the Autotrash Mod having them blacklisted
* Amount of items being pulled during that (for example fighting a wave 15 pumpkin moon)
* Other players nearby

This would help me out a ton as these things are hard to reproduce

(Still no reports about multiplayer bugs)
Update v0.1.11 is out, check the changelogs!

Added config flag to have the magnet work either from inside the inventory or only when held

Update v1.0 is out, check the changelogs!

The mod now features an ingame config thanks to the new tModLoader update, shown briefly here:

Since all my plans for the mod are accomplished, ItemMagnetPlus is now properly released! (And hopefully all of its multiplayer bugs gone)

Last edited:
Is it possible to add an ingame filter ? So you can choose if you don't want certain item to be picked up by the magnet or just decide if you want certain item only ?

Bonus to that, but I guess it is even more complicated, is to add a priority. So you can choose which item the magnet will priorize taking over other.

Latest update adds a custom white or blacklist, did you try it out yet? You can see it in the spoilered video in the update post above

Latest update adds a custom white or blacklist, did you try it out yet? You can see it in the spoilered video in the update post above
Yes, but it's only in the config thing. Not ingame. Like, you need to know how to go. It's isn't like some sort of "window" that open when you press a button and you can choose what you don't want and what you want.

And for multiplayer, it's.... meh.

What issues do you have with multiplayer? How many people are playing when issues occur? How many of them also have a magnet in range?

Well, for the config thing, its supposed to be the standard place where mods add customization options. Since it is fairly new, mods have to integrate that. Other mods that have their own UIs for configuration did so because it wasn't supported by tml natively. Now it is!

Well, for the config thing, its supposed to be the standard place where mods add customization options. Since it is fairly new, mods have to integrate that. Other mods that have their own UIs for configuration did so because it wasn't supported by tml natively. Now it is!
That's not what I meant.
I have a friend who is 0 into config that is out of the game. I configured him all for him. His settings, language, resolution, video settings, mods, multiplayer, everything. He will not go into the "settings" button and then go into the mod configuration. He need an ingame filter that is intuitive. Like the item browser, but you select item that you don't want (blacklist) and the one you want (whitelist) and the priority. He need this. And I do too, because it is really annoying to stop the game to go into the config. It just break the immersion, where configuring IN the game, like it has it own overlays to it, is way better.

Updated to 1.0.2 which adds the "Activate on enter" setting (on by default) that allows a magnet in your inventory to automatically activate itself when entering a world

Long overdue lol

Also fixed a coin dust bug in 1.0.2.1

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Send me places where you google stuff, because for me it is literally only Example Mod and my mind.

Looks interesting. Send me places where you google stuff, because for me it is literally only Example Mod and my mind.
ExampleMod for the item and various other stuff like config, netcode etc, and the vanilla source code for the item pulling code

Back
Top Bottom