Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mark of The Hunter

I have a deer skull on this mannequin but it could be a ram skull or a cow skull. The skull could be with or without the skull or maybe even just the jaw.
The armor looks like a leather based armor with possibly some chain-mail underneath.
Along with a waist-cloth made of leather to tie it together.

Mannequin-Submission.png

Not the proper pixel size*
I have always wanted an animal skull/hunter sort of armor. Something that signifies that they are weathered veterans of being on this world, even though there are much scarier things in Terraria. This is something I whipped up in Photoshop just to get my idea across since I'm not exactly an artist.

Mannequin-Submission-lower-res.png

And here it is with the proper pixel size.

Here is probably my favorite character I've created. Apologies that the drawing isn't the best quality since I drew it on my phone. Also the gif that I've made was harder than I expected to make 4 different arms move instead of it being just one motion. One thing that I'd like to note is I heard glowmasks were a thing. If I am a contender in this contest the blue on Luxin here (Loo-shin) would be like that. I wish you all the best of luck. Some seriously creative people here having some steep competition. c:

Attachments

• LuxinHBL.png
    LuxinHBL.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 144
  • LuxinsBody_V3_GIFFullArmor.gif
    LuxinsBody_V3_GIFFullArmor.gif
    42.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Luxin By Phynnecho.jpeg
    Luxin By Phynnecho.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 148
So this is me, yes, literally me.

This is a character of the video game I'm currently developing called “Cobalt: Legacy” about our alliance, the Cobalt Alliance (Consists of the Gamer Ghosts clan, the Gamer Mice clan and the Pyrotech Dragons), set in a universe that you can read more about here.

The character is PieRow, the leader of the Gamer Ghosts clan, the founder of the Cobalt Alliance, the founder of the Cobalt Empire, bla bla bla,… But for this scenario, the most important roles are the God of Fire and the King of Inferna (More information about Inferna and other kingdoms in the Underworld of the Gods’ Realms can be found here).

So here are the items: This suit of armor is made from Cobaltium (Infused Cobalt material created by the Cobalt Alliance) infused with Borneo's Magic (The First king of Inferna). It remains dark-colored when the whole set not equipped, but turns bright as the player equip the whole set. (Or you can make it bright when the player stands close to fire if you like :p, or you could add a crown like my original idea, I didn't do it because...well...I suck at pixel art) I know, I know, it looks kinda like the Solar Flare Armor set, but I can't seem to find a better color for the armor of the Fire God.
If this set isn't chosen, thanks anyways for letting me have a chance to figure out how the character would look like, since I've been stuck on it for a long time. Making the character pixelated first really helps.
PieRow's_Headgear.png

PieRow's_Body_Armor.png

PieRow's_Boots.png

Full set:
PieRow's MKI Battlesuit.png

I know you won't be including these 2 but meh, I had way more time on my hand than I was expecting.
A very badly made weapon: (Originally radiates and deals damage overtime to nearby enemies in Cobalt: Legacy.)
PieRow's_Katana.png

A bonus pet (A Inferna Scout Drone (Left) and the Drone Orb (Right) assigned to Specialized forces of the Inferna Military. You can read more about it here.)
Inferna_Scout_Drone.png

Thank you for your time. Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• PieRow's_Headgear.png
    PieRow's_Headgear.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 150
  • PieRow's_Body_Armor.png
    PieRow's_Body_Armor.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 122
  • PieRow's_Boots.png
    PieRow's_Boots.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
ADVANCED SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

There are some limitations to Terraria's equipment system, as well as some features that not everyone is aware of. So to help provide a little extra insight into what is possible and available to you, as well as some restrictions, check out the details below!

- "Head" slots can be anywhere from a helmet, to a hat, to simple head accessories, like glasses or hairpins. Whether or not your character's hair will shown will depend on how much of their head is covered by the idea. A helmet or mask which fully encloses the head will not show hair at all. A hat or similar things like a crown may show some hair, but it will be cropped so as to not stick out of the sides of the hat. Smaller head accessories like glasses or hairpins can show the entirety of the players hair, assuming it looks correct. If you have a specific preference for the quantity of hair to be displayed, we can attempt to design it in such a way to work around that, but only within reason, so take that into consideration with your design!

- Most head slot armor and accessories occupy a single "head" slot in the character's display. As a result, the majority of head accessories cannot be combined with helmets; for example, you cannot see Nature's Gift (a head based accessory) when you are wearing a helmet. There are a handful of exceptions to this, but these are exceptions and as a general rule, you can't double-stack multiple pieces of headwear and have them both display. So if your design is intended to include a pre-existing accessory, or if you want two different elements (such as a Blindfold and a Hat at the same time), work that into your design as a "single" piece of headwear. You wouldn't be able to wear the Blindfold with the Hat later if you do not.

- Robe/Dress type torso slot items in the game sometimes cover part or all of the legs as well. If your proposal is reliant on such a design, a piece of clothing that covers the full lower body, that is equipped via the torso slot, that is okay. You could still include (or choose not to include) a leg slot item. Some items, such as Robes, will cover up the entire leg portion, so it would be invisible. Some skirt type and longcoat outfits such as the Red Riding set or the Rain Coat set have portions which extend to the legs, but the feet and legs themselves are still visible. Not every set needs a leg-piece to be complete, even some dev sets don't use them!

- Glowmasks (not to be confused with creating light!) are an option for use in your design. Glowmask are when a portion of an outfit displays as completely or partially bright, even in darkness. For an example of this, try equipping the Vortex or Dark Artist sets in vanity slots in a dark room. Vanity outfits aren't intended to actually generate light, so we won't be able to include light generation, but having some details or glowing lines in your outfit may be acceptable!

Any questions in a similar vein that arise, I'll add them to this post to help clarify things further!

===SUBMISSION===
Okay, so I'm a small-time animator and avid Terraria lover. I am known on YouTube as Diddlewings. It would mean the absolute WORLD to me, and I would scribble away a million frames of animation just with the set. if this submission could make it in to the game. I've put over 1k hours just into the PC version of Terraria.
Basically, the set depicts my character, Diddlewings. Diddlewings is an animated aviator who speaks with his eyes as much as his mouth, so I would like glowmask sections on the goggles to give that cartoony 'Oh no, I'm in the dark, so only my eyes are visible.' look.
I'm so excited for whoever wins, regardless.
Terraria submission.png

Wisp out a bottle :)
Terrariaskin3.png
Terrariaskin3 (3).gif

It's inspired by the wisp in a bottle, but out of the bottle.

My amazing friend (ig: @chai.noodle) made drawing to make the concept more clear:
Skull-_terraria_-_to_post.jpg

My sister also made an awesome art piece just in time!:
skellington.png

I'm not 100% sure whether it's allowed, but the flames would be animated and it would be pretty funny if contrary to the wisp in a bottle the head dragged behind the body when running.

Last edited:
My friend got me into this game on Xbox and I have been loving it! My idea was a survivalist with a hair tie, a sheathed bowie knife and a shirt that looks like a manly chest (so that female characters can wear the set). The shirt also widens the player's shoulders to make them look truly intimidating. <3
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.14.17 pm.png

Pixel Art (Improved).PNG

This idea was inspired by the plague mask. Aside from the mask I focused on a dark theme robe with orange buttons to add contrast. The robe is split at the bottom to reveal part of the grey pants. The sleeve of the robe is slightly loose. On the head we have a dark brown hat with a flat base and short crown. The band of the hat should be lighter compared to the rest of the hat.

The Gormet.jpg
Combat Chef Clothing.png
Combat Chef mannequin.png
Combat Chef Seperate.png
(my first time posting here so please be gentle)
THE GORE-MET SET
Hello hello Terraria team!
This was my idea for a military/wasteland themed vanity with a twist. (We all like a good twist don't we ;) )
The basic idea is there is a gas mask with a chef's hat
A bullet proof vest with an apron over it (I know its kinda hard to tell)
and some military esc pants and boots to tie the whole aesthetic together.
I know for a fact that I am not the greatest pixel art maker in the world, so feel free to alter it in any way you guys see fit
also as a bit of something extra that I wasn't sure would be possible. Would you be able to make the apron rise and fall as you jump so that the bullet proof vest would be visible when falling?
Anyway here are the (Very scuffed) sprites i made as a bit of an idea, with some possible names and tool-tips as well.
(I didn't steal this by the way @Jeddbateup is my twitter)
acKwbD2_8x.png
HELMET: Tactical Toque
DESCRIPTION: "Whatever's Cooking smells good!"
RMtPrgK_8x.png
CHEST-PIECE: Absorbent apron
DESCRIPTION: "It's just sauce, I swear!"
v3MFJZp_8x.png
LEGGINGS: Greasy Greaves
DESCRIPTION: "Careful not to slip!"

I made this some time ago when I was playing around with modding, so I figured eh, why not

I originally called it the Arsonist Set, consisting of the Arsonist Helmet, Arsonist Suit and Arsonist Boots.

Here it is, with animations as well
ArsonistArmor_Preview.gif

Good luck to everyone that enters! ^^

It's a box. Pretty simple.
(I also made a reworked version with a bit more detail.)
Head tooltip: The helmet of a cardboard Crusader
Torso tooltip: The chestplate of a cardboard Crusader
Leggings tooltip: The Leggings of a cardboard Crusader

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 159
  • pixil-frame-0(2).png
    pixil-frame-0(2).png
    19.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Status