Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 8.04.26 PM.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 144
I really can't draw on a pc so uh here i guess lmao

Attachments

• terraria vantiy contest submission.png
    terraria vantiy contest submission.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 128
Striped Slime Armor
-helmet is a slimes head fashioned with a nice smile (the slime had this to scare off predators) it would jiggle as you walk
-the armor is fashioned of hardened gel
Has nothing to do with the vanity: Legends say that there once was an extremely rare slime even rarer then a pinky. This slime traversed the underground but because of the lack of underground food it had nothing to eat, so it had to learn to consume ores. (favorites were silver colored ones) But because of its ore diet its gel turns hard and the more it eats the harder and stronger. Because of how extremely hard it was and extremely rare it was it became very valuable as an example it could have fetched you 15 gold for 1 gel but because of this it was hunted to extinction but there are still a few sets made out of the gel left.

1584241522024.png

This is my own design of a Vikings outfit in Terraria. I am really happy with how this turned out and I think everyone would wear it. I was thinking it would be cool if it was added to the loot you can find in ice chests. I have called it the "Vikings Outfit", The head is called "Vikings Wig", The chest is "Vikings Coat" and the boots are "Vikings Boots". I enjoyed making this, hopefully everyone loves it!

- Silas Reiher

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 2.09.47 pm.png

Last edited:
Terraria bad.PNG

my submission!!!!

Its a design of a protagonist for a video game im making on unity but simplified and less detailed and pixelated.

DESIGN:
-the helmet is just a wig of messy hair but it could also be funny to include the crude drawing of a smiley face.
-the body is a black jacket with neon green lines appearing from the sides/sleeves and pointing to the zipper. The zipper is open, revealing the (also black) undershirt of the player. And a single piece of illegible green text next to the collar. I should also mention the jacket is supposed to be thin.
-the legging/shoes are a simple pair of jeans with a color resembling a lapis lazuli gem. The shoes are just black with a dot of white on the tip for flashyness :)

So yea...

Name(s): Cyber Centurion Visor, Cyber Centurion Breastplate, Cyber Centurion Greaves

Note(s): The cape of the Cyber Centurion is slightly longer than the Bee Cloak, and connected to the "Cyber Centurion Greaves", similar to Jim's Set. However, if that isn't allowed, the outfit stands perfectly fine on it's own without it.

TerrariaArmor.png

Last edited:
Version I want to submit is shown further down in the post!
Ungodly horned set sprue.png
Wendi-gang.png

"Ungodly horned set" or Wendigo.
I just would love a Stag or goat skull (I know it isn't how their genders work but maybe one for female model and one for male?) to put in item frames or mannequins + Unguligrade animation hooves for a faun combination.
I can't decide if I like it fully clothed in a more culty armor or just plain naked nightmare (blue-grey skin from "the jersey devil" in the wolf among us game depiction) so I included most of the combinations I'm pondering (plus in the bottom an idea of a base clothed one and a base naked version. That being said the showcased D:5&D:8 are already kind of enough.)
I'm a bit tired but I didn't want to leave something out so better more than less; Table descriptions:
A:1 Basic Goat head.
A:2 Basic Stag head.
A:3 Idea For a more wraith-like horned god helmet but it is very heavily based on the Draugr Bödvar skin from Brawlhalla.
A:4 Basic clothed torso: Robe with open bottom to show your feet/boots/hooves, pauldron, basic Wendigo design integrated.
A:5 Clothed torso without Wendigo parts (in case a human torso would look better) and with a sashimono inspired black sun backpiece.
A:6 Same as A:5 but with Wendigo parts.
A:7 Or 6.5 A floating chestplate that added with another clothed piece makes a more armored look.
A:8 Example of most items combined including goat hooves.
B:1 Double horned Goat, not that pretty but an idea.
B:2 Basic Stag head with one antler tilted slightly to give it more of a pointy look.
B:4 Wendigo torso + right arm in stationary position.
B:5 Basic hooves. (the icon above is an pickaxe visualizing the angle of the arm in B:6.)
B:6 Simple showcase of torso + arm + hooves assembled and right arm extended (extra long spooky look.)
B:7-8 A collection of upper and lower arm combinations and segments (a bit longer than normal model arms and the deformed finger like hooves at the end).
C:1 Goat head with Larger eye sockets for neutral look.
C:2 Slightly downscaled version of the Stag head for examples.
D:1 Goat head with larger and more iconic "angry" eyesockets.
D:4 Example of clothed torso + legs in a stationary position.
D:5 D:4 with the Stag head attached.
D:6 Naked Wendigo torso + legs in a stationary position.
D:8 D:6 with the Stag head for that au naturale look.

Edit: Forgot to include the Idea: No plan. I just wanted a decorative, fantasy and a little different more "disturbing" set of vanity pieces, which horns -> Stag skull and unguligrade animated legs would be lovely (and those two combined is a basic description for a wendigo so I just went with the elongated arms and "fingers" which fits the basic Idea.) And the creepy/brute-ish/ghoulie look is a decent juxtaposition compared to already existing and others submitted more elegant or cute vanity sets.

Obviously everything is up to be refined or changed(especially the midsection)
Could be more Leshen influenced and nature-themed with sticks or branches protruding from it's back and mossy overgrowth.
More spiritual with wisp glow emanating around it and smaller samples glowing inside the eyesockets (maybe cool to change around with dyes instead of the skull becoming blue or burning.)
More traditional gruesome upper body with sinewy tissue visible on the arms and the torso showing signs of decay or exposed guts and trophy skulls on a belt or hanging behind and bobbing.
Or a nothern tundra adapted one with fur covering the chest, shoulders and trapezius.
Maybe the jaw is removed from the skull and is showing the characters chin or just shadows for that once again culty look.
Some cultist robes with a stag's skull hasn't failed to look cool before.

Simple edits to the original in case I explained it poorly (ironic because the pictures aren't very good but it is kinda fun tweaking around.)
More examplemen.png

2nd Edit: It is probably hurting my chances at this point but OCD has taken the wheel and I can't let it be. BUT they are not really any "new" vanity ideas (in denial) just changes to the skull itself; Moose, Elk and Bovine skulls along with some more creative ideas (geometrical, candles & constellation like) but their design are hard to convey in to a smaller format so instead are there more like ideas of effects that could occur because of buffs (shine: candles, Multiple combat buffs: geometrically enraged & geometrically engaged) or because of events and bosses (Moon lord: constellation, Moon lord defeated: second version or first + a crown.) (._. ) it has become quite ambitious...
I can't put it to rest.png
Geometrical active.png
I mean effect like being manifested in front of.
Probably My Choice.png
Altogether this one here is right now my personal favorite of combinations (But it's horns are rather and maybe even too large :c)

Here we go again! 3rd Edit: New 1st choice and now with spooky torso (because I don't know what to do with it) + missing the nasal bone for the skull leaving the nasal process of premaxillary exposed on either side. Upper left corner is a representation of the part configuration for reference (80% positive it is correct.) Description of the three sections:
Legs: same unguligrade animated hooves as in previous versions.
Head: large intimidating horns on a Cervid's upper skull which on the pictures below is without a lower jaw and meant to remove the character head completely. At the moment it has a one pixel hole that would be completely transparent showing backgrounds (cervicals are part of the torso to leave the raw skull practicable for decoration.)
Torso: Here comes the meat(or lack there of...) The original bare Wendigo chest but missing abdominal (replaced with a concentrated ectoplasmic-like glow) and with exposed ribs, some hip bone (to indicate end of upper and start of the lower body,) cervical vertebra and some shoulder bone structure all visible and surrounded by an unnatural spooky aura (no desire to make the aura flash with a million particles but some minor pulsating would be quite enough.) The upper arm is just bone surrounded by the same aura and the lower is same as in previous versions but with a little green to make the colors synthesize somewhat (they are still mean to be longer that a normal arm extended however only visually not increasing melee range necessarily.)
Spooky ghostman set.png
I played around with the idea of introducing a mandible which makes the upper body look more unique and extra intriguing but with the skull in place it just looks kinda miffed like it's acquiescing the thought of going for the Reaver shark at the start of every playthrough. I think it would be cool if the torso would remove the head of the character if the head vanity slot is left open(still prioritize over an armor-slot helmet) to show just a spine (however having any item present in the vanity slot would have priority over and showing the head completed with: familiar wig, jungle rose, etc.)
The version I ultimately submit:
GhoulmanNoSpookJaw.png
Of the two sporting a headpiece each I like the jawless one better as a a whole. But alot can change (short attention span and easily influence by art) and I like the idea of the chest and no vanity headpiece would result in the "no character head" gimmick but with the spine and mandible present but with a headpiece the lower jaw would disappear leaving the (in this case) upper skull to take its place. (Still playing with the idea of having the antlers design chosen through gender but haven't decided and don't have a pick for the other pair)

This my first post and I have no idea of how to be efficient with words but here are more words; A more personal note: I apologize that alot of the pieces or sets have some "noise" surrounding them (not completely erased pixels.) This is because I am using the gimp art application (more comfortable with it but it is not very friendly to pixel art.) Some are from erasing pixels others by having some color "spill" outside the designated slots and some are from the early sketches being on the wrong layer (or same layer or even the final version depending on how lazy I am.) All art is my own (alot of inspiration but nothing straight up copied that I know of) and meant to replicate the characters basic pixel size and artstyle (exception with the "effects" drafts) but up-scaled to make the images not appear blurry, I am very easily enthralled and later disheartened (thanks to some Hyperactivity and mild BPD) so alot of the pictures will change over time depending on my mood and varying daily intake of images and media (I will still try to have a clear choice picked out,) I apologize but this means the post will resemble spam more than a submission (but as I stated at the start I am anxious or irrationally afraid of removing earlier assets regardless of how different the final choice is.)
An immense amount of love to everyone on the re-logic team for creating this absolute masterpiece of a game <3 (not to flex but I have enjoyed more than 1,6k hours listed on steam of gameplay and can't wait for the final update regardless if I win or not.) And ofcourse best of luck to everyone leaving submissions and showing how much enthusiasm and how active the playerbase still is almost a decade after the release I love you all <3
5fa568b917bd390e3c0d4e488b1f1240.png
(Maybe a little flex is in order)This is countless of playhtroughs (literally can't be counted because I've forgotten to back up the saves and had to start from scratch twice; Shame on me.) Also I keep entertaining ideations till it's way past bedtime (to put it colloquially) and I try to check for spelling and grammar errors but they are often overlooked and left unedited so I apologize if it is a laborious journey reading through it all (but I mean so much more after and so much before, this is barely equal to 5 normal sized submissions.)

NOT PART OF THE SUBMISSION: And I know this is against the guidelines but just incase it gives you an idea (because I would love it. To be clear these are just suggestions of two ideas or items that you could be fond of and base equipment on without any permission and with full creative liberty) I'm gonna leave these two attached:
Lantern as lightpet.png
Lantern lightpets with scrollwork victorian fence themed bat-like wings would be very cozy (left one has a vine sort of with autumn shaded leaves.)
Grandson style X's for eyes.png
X's for eyes because god knows I can't get enough of grandson (I haven't checked but I doubt they have copyrights on crossing out the eyes) : Two X's that hover around the eyes and isn't static to the eyes position but jiggle around with sudden shifts in momentum (and original eyes are in a closed shut state and covered with the skin color.) Maybe could be applied on top of a helmet or show the character face plain with them(like familiar wig) with a "visibility toggle" feature and they could be googly eyes or hearts.

Last edited:
BIG NEDS vanity set. This totally wasn’t drawn on the back page of my English book during class ;) If this somehow makes it, it definitely needs a crap tonne of work. So yeah. That’s it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Kimono set

Kimono_set_HD.png

A classic white and red kimono, with a bandana that resemble the japanese flag.
The bandana isn't supposed to make the character bald, I used a bald character as example.
I'm not very sure about the feet, It is supposed to show that the character is barefoot, but I sticked to the classic shoe sprite.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom