• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. As of Oct 19 a new patch has been released. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

tModLoader Litho's Armory

When the mod is updated to 1.4, should this mod's whips become summoning weapons or stay melee?

• Summoning

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Melee

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sumenora

Empress of Light
their seems to be a problem with the "harp Feather" i do remember having problems with this in the past but this time after using it after a short time i'm now frozen in place and cant move

[11:27:38] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: CalValEX_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> CalamityMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[11:28:26] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Projectiles.CalamityGlobalProjectile.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile) in CalamityMod\Projectiles\CalamityGlobalProjectile.cs:line 82
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile)
at Terraria.Projectile.SetDefaults(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single X, Single Y, Single SpeedX, Single SpeedY, Int32 Type, Int32 Damage, Single KnockBack, Int32 Owner, Single ai0, Single ai1)
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HoverShooter.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\MinionHoverShooter.cs:line 243
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HarpSummon.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\HarpSummon.cs:line 253
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.AI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.ProjectileAI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.Projectile.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

this was never resolved and it seems its still bugged.

another thing that happens is that it just vanishes for no reason....then i respawn it...and after like a few seconds or so its either it vanishes or i freeze in place.

as u can see i froze in place and the foxy despawned

Last edited:

Lithium

Spazmatism
their seems to be a problem with the "harp Feather" i do remember having problems with this in the past but this time after using it after a short time i'm now frozen in place and cant move

[11:27:38] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: CalValEX_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> CalamityMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[11:28:26] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Projectiles.CalamityGlobalProjectile.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile) in CalamityMod\Projectiles\CalamityGlobalProjectile.cs:line 82
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.SetDefaults(Projectile projectile, Boolean createModProjectile)
at Terraria.Projectile.SetDefaults(Int32 Type)
at Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single X, Single Y, Single SpeedX, Single SpeedY, Int32 Type, Int32 Damage, Single KnockBack, Int32 Owner, Single ai0, Single ai1)
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HoverShooter.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\MinionHoverShooter.cs:line 243
at LithosArmory.Projectiles.Minions.HarpSummon.Behavior() in LithosArmory\Projectiles\Minions\HarpSummon.cs:line 253
at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.AI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.ModLoader.ProjectileLoader.ProjectileAI(Projectile projectile)

at Terraria.Projectile.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

this was never resolved and it seems its still bugged.

another thing that happens is that it just vanishes for no reason....then i respawn it...and after like a few seconds or so its either it vanishes or i freeze in place.

as u can see i froze in place and the foxy despawned
With this error, the code that caused the problem seems to be in CalamityGlobalProjectile, not in my summon code. To reiterate, MinionHoverShooter is nearly identical to the version from ExampleMod(the line it points to just sets the timeLeft of the spawned projectile; completely innocent code that's straight from exampleMod), and the Harp summon doesn't have much unusual about it(the line it's pointing to there just runs basic MinionHoverShooter behavior- the unique properties of that summon aren't even what it's pointing to).
I doubt I can fix this. It's most likely Calamity's fault.

Last edited:

Lithium

Spazmatism
How many of them are duplicates of already existing weapons and/or doesn't broke original META? I think it mandatory to mention it
I... don't know. I just count the number of unique sprites because people like numbers. Like how official updates always mention how many new items they add.
I'm also not really sure what you mean by 'original meta'. If I want my weapons to be viable, they're going to 'break the meta' simply because they're usable new options.

Stolaire

Terrarian
I'm also not really sure what you mean by 'original meta'. If I want my weapons to be viable, they're going to 'break the meta' simply because they're usable new options.
Great example of META break and how to not add new weapons is 1.2.2 update, when Snowman Cannon was added: it's a launcher with highest damage, fastest fire rate at this time and it fires homing missles that can't hurt you, while Rocket and Grenade launchers had less damage, slower, requires aim and caution when shooting. It even better than a Chain gun and Tactical shotgun with rare Chlorophyte bullets, because the only projectile properties that affected by rocket type is damage and destructibility, so it will be homing even with cheapest Rocket I. So, do you have any reason to use another ranged weapons?

Lithium

Spazmatism
Great example of META break and how to not add new weapons is 1.2.2 update, when Snowman Cannon was added: it's a launcher with highest damage, fastest fire rate at this time and it fires homing missles that can't hurt you, while Rocket and Grenade launchers had less damage, slower, requires aim and caution when shooting. It even better than a Chain gun and Tactical shotgun with rare Chlorophyte bullets, because the only projectile properties that affected by rocket type is damage and destructibility, so it will be homing even with cheapest Rocket I. So, do you have any reason to use another ranged weapons?
Well, then... I don't really know for sure if my mod doesn't have anything like that.
A big reason that I develop this mod is to learn things about game design, and how balancing is supposed to work. At present, I'm not experienced enough- nor do I have the time- to do in-depth analyses of every single weapon in the mod and its place in the meta. I can only do a more general, basic kind of balancing at the moment.

With my present level of experience, if I went that in-depth into weapon balancing, I'd have no energy left for bugfixing or new content(or real life things for that matter), and I'd most likely get so burned out that the mod would have to go on another big hiatus. At the moment, I'm more focused on learning about programming than about balancing the 'meta' of a singleplayer game where most people just use what they enjoy the most anyway.

It's also worth noting that the fact that you can combine other mods makes a certain degree of balance impossible to achieve, because there's no telling what sorts of insane things might be possible when you combine more than one mod together. There's really no way for any one mod developer to prepare for that.

Top Bottom