Game Mechanics Location saved on Exiting world

If save position were to be implemented it should ask the player on start if they want to resume from last position or spawn. Otherwise you won't make everyone happy. This however would kinda invalidate beds and conventional players would mostly only probably use it for connection drops in multiplayer

This is locked temporarily, while we sort out the pieces and give some of you a chance to cool down.

A reminder to EVERYONE here: you are expected to be civil and respectful in your replies to others. There's a lot of non-constructive criticism and outright attacks, which are never permitted on this forum.

Words can't express how bad of a change this would be.
This isn't constructive. If you can't find words to express and explain your position, perhaps don't post.
A- You haven’t thought about this much
B- You’re bad.
Go back to Minecraft then.
You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.
You’ve never played above normal and don’t know how crucial having time to breath and make a plan is.
Anyone else think this kid hasn’t played for more than a few hours and is having a skill issue?
These are just personal attacks, no attempt at civil discussion. No one is permitted to address another member in this fashion on this forum, for any reason. Read the rules.

----

If you are in disagreement with a suggestion made by someone, that's fine. Your choices are to either explain your disagreement calmly, civilly and with respect - has some have done here - or to not post at all. Hurling insults is a lazy method of discourse, and is unacceptable.

Please also remember that a vast number of suggestions made here will not make it into the official game, so there's no reason to have some of the reactions seen here.

I'm going to re-open the thread for discussion, please keep what I've said in mind.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this. On one hand I don't like it, just a pointless non-fix (because there's nothing to fix). However, the masochist in me would be interested in seeing this as part of a secret seed.

So, as part of a secret seed I support, as part of the main game I do not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want how returning to spawn point upon entering the world to be abused and make recall potion/magic mirror obsolete, right?

But the way I see it, it's gonna be abused and make something obsolete either way. Since if you enter the world back at the same location, that's mean bed is obsolete instead.

Comparing those two just from legit gameplay mechanic, going back to spawn point has always been easier, it's just one click on one item (and even free with mirror). On the other hand, building a spawn point take comparatively a lot more effort and never an instantaneous action to do. I would say making the hard one harder to abuse is the correct design choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want how returning to spawn point upon entering the world to be abused and make recall potion/magic mirror obsolete, right?

But the way I see it, it's gonna be abused and make something obsolete either way. Since if you enter the world back at the same location, that's mean bed is obsolete instead.

Comparing those two just from legit gameplay mechanic, going back to spawn point has always been easier, it's just one click on one item (and even free with mirror). On the other hand, building a spawn point take comparatively a lot more effort and never an instantaneous action to do. I would say making the hard one harder to abuse is the correct design choice.
You would go to your spawn on death (as in your bed if you have used it), or is that not the way it works now? The bed acts as a way to change your respawn point so it is not always world spawn. What does that have to do with leaving and rejoining your world?

Last edited:
What does that have to do with location being saved?
You're both at the arena: the boss heads towards you, you exit, the boss heads towards the other player, you rejoin you deal damage. Since you did not go back to your spawn you don't need to set a spawnpoint or even make the journey back to your arena, you're just instantly back in the fight

You're both at the arena: the boss heads towards you, you exit, the boss heads towards the other player, you rejoin you deal damage. Since you did not go back to your spawn you don't need to set a spawnpoint or even make the journey back to your arena, you're just instantly back in the fight
That seems like an unfortunate but unavoidable game mechanic :/

But I still dont think that invalidates the arguments for location being saved.

You can easily cheese bosses in multiplayer by just saving n exiting when they get near you and your team mate takes aggo till you join back

i'm honestly surprised that it took someone this long to make this point, considering this thread has existed for almost 8 months

You would go to your spawn on death (as in your bed if you have used it), or is that not the way it works now? The bed acts as a way to change your respawn point so it is not always world spawn. What does that have to do with leaving and rejoining your world?
If you set a spawn with a bed that counts as spawn point for the player using it, period. If you quit and rejoin you spawn at that bed, if you use a magic mirror I'm pretty sure you go back to that bed (it used to be this way at least I'll see if that changed), if you use the shell phone they differentiate between spawn and home allowing you to go to the world maps spawn point and a bed of your choice (so mirror might have changed with that i havent touched a magic mirror in ages) I'll check it rn and edit this to reflect both quit rejoin and mirror with a bed as spawn

Save Exit Reload: respawn at bed
Magic Mirror, Ice Mirror, Cellphone: warp to bed
Shell phone: Spawn is world spawn point, Home is bed

Last edited:
As of now, you can leave a world anytime/anywhere and reappear back at world spawn allowing it to be used as a get out of jail free card also preventing the need for a potion or return or magic mirror.

If youre in a bad situation, especially in hardcore mode, you can get back to spawn with no downside.

Leaving should never be a game mechanic. Please save player's locations when leaving worlds.

I understand how this eliminates the need for a magic mirror or recall potion, especially since leaving the world is instantaneous, while the recall and magic mirror take time, making them riskier. It also eliminates the need for a potion of return, though it's important to note that the potion of return serves a separate purpose – returning to the position you teleported home from.

A significant issue we encounter during our play sessions is that when we explore the surface or underground and leave, we must start over upon rejoining. This poses a significant problem due to the substantial time required to reach these locations, often exceeding five minutes.

Regarding boss cheesing, this becomes a fabricated concern with this feature, as it can already occur in the current setup. Picture two individuals each having a bed far apart – the same scenario arises. One potential solution to mitigate this problem is by implementing a leave timer specifically for boss fights that are particularly susceptible to such exploits.

I always keep some beds in my inventory because I often need to build a house when I was in a middle of exploration but I need to go to bed irl, I don't want to restart my progress after all. But if I can just return back to the same location when I enter the world then I won't need to bother with that anymore.

It would be a welcome change since I never exit to world instead of just using mirror anyway, so my playstyle would only benefit from this change. But for the sake of reducing the abuse of mechanic, that would not help at all in that regard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom