Game Mechanics Location saved on Exiting world

Considering I use Save&Exit to get out of a softlock (and that's pretty possible by falling into a corruption chasm and/or quickstacking your blocks and potions away), I'm fine with the way it is.
Then dont fall in there, make sure to have platforms, or die and respawn.

How can they just “die” when they’re stuck? Most pre-evil boss players tend to not have things like lava buckets on them. Also, what if they have a lot of coins on them and they can’t afford to die with them on themselves?
You can wait for an enemy I suppose? As for the coins thing, then maybe you shouldve been more careful before falling into a hole you cant get out of with a ton of coins. Lesson learned.

Tbh the more I think about this idea the more exploits I see in it.

For starters you seem to want more difficulty in saying that people shouldn't be able to leave and respawn somewhere else to get outta danger, yet this would also allow for multiplayer cheese of bosses as was stated before, which can already be done but requires beds and spawn points to be set.

This would also potentially be a multiplayer nightmare akin to being handcuffed to a chair and kept alive in ark survival without the needed maintenance of feeding someone taken prisoner, for newer players or people playing on early game characters, all one would have to do is build a chlorophyte ore or lihzahrd box or even other early ores like demonite around a player and theyd be stuck there almost indefinitely. If the surrounding area were cleared out and walls placed to block spawns it would be indefinite if they didn't have a mirror or other means of getting back to spawn.

This not being in the game honestly prevents a bunch of potential griefing.

Another problematic circumstance would be the event that the game crashes or has a bug on the map that locks it into a loop and crashes, I had this problem on Xbox before, built a money farm over one of the oceans, it all worked fine, however one day the game ran into an issue where it would crash randomly if any player got to close to said money farm, eventually it stopped crashing and seems to have had something to do with wiring and teleporters, haven't been able to replicate the issue since I fixed it. But if the game had locked in that player position it would have just crashed the game every time the map was loaded.

For starters you seem to want more difficulty in saying that people shouldn't be able to leave and respawn somewhere else to get outta danger, yet this would also allow for multiplayer cheese of bosses as was stated before, which can already be done but requires beds and spawn points to be set.
Just have players that join halfway not be included in boss fights. That would completely prevent this.

This would also potentially be a multiplayer nightmare akin to being handcuffed to a chair and kept alive in ark survival without the needed maintenance of feeding someone taken prisoner, for newer players or people playing on early game characters, all one would have to do is build a chlorophyte ore or lihzahrd box or even other early ores like demonite around a player and theyd be stuck there almost indefinitely. If the surrounding area were cleared out and walls placed to block spawns it would be indefinite if they didn't have a mirror or other means of getting back to spawn.
So? Good. They should not have a free teleport out.

Hm, so the way to prevent exploit is to not do the exploit. Good to know.

Do you realize that you're encouraging bullying behavior?
no i mean like, they wouldnt be counted as part of the bossfight, and would not agro him. So if everyone died/left then the boss would despawn even if they rejoin. Perhaps to enforce this they would be unable to deal damage to the boss too.

so that's what your plan is, i see
Ultimately I think this is a necessary change for realism and balance, and any side effects such as the potential to trap players is a necessary evil (and besides, like I said, they should not get a free teleport away just by relogging). And the boss thing someone brought up is irrelevant as it can still be done now even without this change (by fighting the boss at your world spawn).

Ultimately I think this is a necessary change for realism and balance, and any side effects such as the potential to trap players is a necessary evil (and besides, like I said, they should not get a free teleport away just by relogging). And the boss thing someone brought up is irrelevant as it can still be done now even without this change (by fighting the boss at your world spawn).
magic mirror is easy to get

magic mirror = same effect

🤯

You can wait for an enemy I suppose? As for the coins thing, then maybe you shouldve been more careful before falling into a hole you cant get out of with a ton of coins. Lesson learned.
So if you're exploring, haven't found recall potions or a magic mirror, get money from pots and surface chests, but fall into a chasm, you just get to lose all your money?

I'll do this, sometimes get enough money for the merchant to spawn, but can't get back because I didn't have enough rope. So I save and exit.
no i mean like, they wouldnt be counted as part of the bossfight, and would not agro him. So if everyone died/left then the boss would despawn even if they rejoin. Perhaps to enforce this they would be unable to deal damage to the boss too.
And what if they have bad internet? "Oh, dang, I disconnected, there goes my boss drops."

i get that my modding expertise amounts to exactly non-existent, but i'm pretty sure that what you are suggesting is practically, or outright, impossible to implement

i get that my modding expertise amounts to exactly non-existent, but i'm pretty sure that what you are suggesting is practically, or outright, impossible to implement
I dont see why it would be difficult to save a x and y coordinate and just spawn the player there on rejoining

I dont see why it would be difficult to save a x and y coordinate and just spawn the player there on rejoining
I think they're talking about the NPC spawning instead. That's a LOT of extra memory and code needed for something really minor. If I saved and quit on FTW with 30 enemies and a boss, That's 31 extra NPCs at minimum to keep track of. And many bosses have multiple parts (Skeletron Prime with his 4 limbs for example) so they'd have to be saved too.

So location wise? That's easy to implement, but keeping track of all the NPCs is a coding nightmare. Even the permanent ones like Town NPCs all just get teleported back to their houses upon reloading

I think they're talking about the NPC spawning instead. That's a LOT of extra memory and code needed for something really minor. If I saved and quit on FTW with 30 enemies and a boss, That's 31 extra NPCs at minimum to keep track of. And many bosses have multiple parts (Skeletron Prime with his 4 limbs for example) so they'd have to be saved too.

So location wise? That's easy to implement, but keeping track of all the NPCs is a coding nightmare. Even the permanent ones like Town NPCs all just get teleported back to their houses upon reloading
fair enough

But the game remembers the locations of thousands of blocks and items? why is NPCs so much harder?

Back
Top Bottom