Loke's World

You are just such a great builder, it's hard to muster any words, let alone a single compliment. Inspirational work, I'll keep a close eye on this thread...

Reactions: Fry
You are just such a great builder, it's hard to muster any words, let alone a single compliment. Inspirational work, I'll keep a close eye on this thread...
Wow, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy my builds!
Very nice.

Though, the wood for the slums should probably be shadewood, the dynasty wood looks to... neat.
and some spooky wood in it for some older wood planks ;)
You're right! I'm quite unhappy with how the slums are looking right now, so I decided I'd take your advice and play around with some new house design ideas.
slum_house_test_by_l0_ke-d83n748.png

For now I think it's at least a little better, but I still have a lot of brainstorming to do.
After I played around with the shadewood and spooky wood, I grew to like the combination so much that I decided to use it for a medieval build which I was requested to do on youtube.
medieval_village_house_by_l0_ke-d83n5di.png

I don't really know what I think about the design, it was just an idea that I had to try out.

Last edited:
it looks great!
the lanterns, the walls outside the house, everything looks so good!
and the house itself also looks really nice, some nitpicks though:
-not sure i like the lower floor's wall design, the wooden beams look kinda out of place imo...
-the overall shape is kinda odd, seeing how it starts very slim while it's super fat on the top.

gotta compliment the decoration though, simple and effective use of furniture, and nice looking window

it looks great!
the lanterns, the walls outside the house, everything looks so good!
and the house itself also looks really nice, some nitpicks though:
-not sure i like the lower floor's wall design, the wooden beams look kinda out of place imo...
-the overall shape is kinda odd, seeing how it starts very slim while it's super fat on the top.

gotta compliment the decoration though, simple and effective use of furniture, and nice looking window
Thanks a lot!
Yeah, those beams are out of place.
I totally agree, the roof especially is way too wide, so I knocked out a block's width on each side, which helped a lot I think.
(also replaced the row of regular wood on top with shadewood which I forgot to do earlier).
medieval_village_house_v2_by_l0_ke-d83nmcx.png

I'm very glad you approve of the furnishing actually, I find that's usually my weak point. Furnishing is hard, haha.

Some really great builds here! Dang I wish I had some kind of feedback, but I'm busy being amazed. There are so many interesting solutions that I just got to try for myself and play around with! Keep up the great work!

Love those slums! Very nicely built, certainly gives the feeling!
Thanks a lot!
how you made this awesome window inside?
the furniture is also great. this housing is definitly siutable ;)
I used painted palm wood and lead fencing! :) I love these windows myself, haha, one of my better ideas for sure. I have a video of how I did them if you need it, in case you want to replicate it:
Some really great builds here! Dang I wish I had some kind of feedback, but I'm busy being amazed. There are so many interesting solutions that I just got to try for myself and play around with! Keep up the great work!
Thanks a bunch! I appreciate your amazement, haha. I'm glad I could inspire you!
Very nice stuff!
Thank you!
Alright, so I thought I'd put together an updated version of the Orient Village for you guys, now that I've done some actual work on it. It's starting to take shape, now I just need to add a few more things, mainly off to the right where the biggest building is still missing, and after that I can call it done!
orient_village_v2_by_l0_ke-d83sy04.png

I still don't really know what I'm gonna do with the cherry trees, right now they're not even the same style, haha. I think I might revisit the small one, or maybe the big one... I have no idea, gah.
Any ideas?
(Btw, excuse those silly out of place pumpkins, lol).

I'm really liking your hot air balloon, and great update with the bridges. Everything is coming together really nicely, although the skulls used to anchor the lanterns on the ropes strike me as...off putting.

As for the cherry blossom trees, it'd be a ton of work, but I'd (personally) tear both of them down, and rebuild them with actuated living wood blocks. It'll give the background tree you want, but the actuated living wood can be sculpted better, and looks much sharper than living wood walls (imo). That way, the trees will also lose the mass amount of vertical lines that living wood walls create. I love the overall shape of the trees, but I think that change would really tie everything together. They look good as is, however, and in no way diminish the great build you've got going on here, so it'd be more of an optional change at this point.

I'm really liking your hot air balloon, and great update with the bridges. Everything is coming together really nicely, although the skulls used to anchor the lanterns on the ropes strike me as...off putting.

As for the cherry blossom trees, it'd be a ton of work, but I'd (personally) tear both of them down, and rebuild them with actuated living wood blocks. It'll give the background tree you want, but the actuated living wood can be sculpted better, and looks much sharper than living wood walls (imo). That way, the trees will also lose the mass amount of vertical lines that living wood walls create. I love the overall shape of the trees, but I think that change would really tie everything together. They look good as is, however, and in no way diminish the great build you've got going on here, so it'd be more of an optional change at this point.
Very true. I pretend they aren't skulls though, baha. To me they could pass as decorative little ornament thingies, for lack of a better roundish block, lol.

I'm not against putting on a load of extra work, but there's a problem with replacing them with solid blocks. I want the effect of the trunks and branches to be behind the foreground's builds, which would be impossible without using actuators which would make the connection points with the structures look derpy. So I don't really know if I could pull that off.
I agree that in normal circumstances, using actual living wood is a million times better for sure. Just not so much when it's a background piece, but maybe that's just me, haha.
That village looks absolutely fantastic. Nice job. :) I can't stop staring at it for some reason.
Haha, thank you!

Very true. I pretend they aren't skulls though, baha. To me they could pass as decorative little ornament thingies, for lack of a better roundish block, lol.

I'm not against putting on a load of extra work, but there's a problem with replacing them with solid blocks. I want the effect of the trunks and branches to be behind the foreground's builds, which would be impossible without using actuators which would make the connection points with the structures look derpy. So I don't really know if I could pull that off.
I agree that in normal circumstances, using actual living wood is a million times better for sure. Just not so much when it's a background piece, but maybe that's just me, haha.
Haha, thank you!
I know what you mean, and it can be awkward, but possible! I built a small replica of a portion of your village (I really hope you don't mind) to give an example of what I mean. It doesn't do your build credit, but hopefully you'll see what I'm talking about. At the junction points, to make it look less awkward, I filled with living wood walls. I used the rope to mask the texture change from actuated living wood and wood walls. The actuated wood below the bridge has wood walls placed behind it to fill the gap between the fence posts. Here's what I came up with (before and after actuators):
TreeUnactuated.jpg TreeActuated.jpg

I know what you mean, and it can be awkward, but possible! I built a small replica of a portion of your village (I really hope you don't mind) to give an example of what I mean. It doesn't do your build credit, but hopefully you'll see what I'm talking about. At the junction points, to make it look less awkward, I filled with living wood walls. I used the rope to mask the texture change from actuated living wood and wood walls. The actuated wood below the bridge has wood walls placed behind it to fill the gap between the fence posts. Here's what I came up with (before and after actuators):
*snip*
Ooh, clever! That's actually a really neat idea! I might have to try that then... And I don't mind people replicating my building's down to the last detail to be honest, haha. It doesn't bother me one bit, it's just a game after all.

Back
Top Bottom