tModLoader Magic Storage

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by blushiemagic, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Tanner Martin

Tanner Martin Terrarian

Hello. It’s been about 5 or so months since I’ve played modded terraria and I started having an issue when I tried playing again recently. Whenever I made a new world, placed down any items from Magic Storage, left the world, and then tried to come back on that world (same character or not), it would say that the data wasn’t loaded properly. It would then ask me if I wanted to use a back up, I would press yes, and it would say that there was no backup available. It would essentially make the world unplayable, like it wouldn’t even let you open the world. I’ve tried using many variations of other mods but the other mods don’t seem to affect it (I really only have gameplay affecting mods like calamity). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also I AM running the most current version of TmodLoader

2. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

This happens on both singleplayer and multiplayer? And have you tried reinstalling tModLoader and Magic Storage?

3. Tanner Martin

Tanner Martin Terrarian

I only play on single player so I don’t know about multiplayer. How do you delete a mod other than just inactivating it?

4. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

You'll have to go into your Terraria save data (on Windows it's "This PC\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader"), go into the Mods folder, and delete the MagicStorage.tmod file. I really think they should add a delete button and maybe a manual redownload button to the mod list, but it's whatever.

5. Tanner Martin

Tanner Martin Terrarian

Thanks! appreciate the help. I’ll post back if it works

6. Tanner Martin

Tanner Martin Terrarian

Yep it worked couldn’t thank you enough

7. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

No problem! Glad to help.

8. Garbongo

Garbongo Terrarian

hey, i just installed the mod and it works great, except for one thing. when i loaded the world into multiplayer half the world disappeared and all the npcs kept infinite falling. i would like to know if this is common. when i loaded it into singleplayer it went back to normal.

EDIT: i tried it again and it happened again
    i do have a recording but the file size is quite large.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  9. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

Sounds like a known issue. Are you running a Mac by chance?

10. Garbongo

Garbongo Terrarian

yes i am. ive been trying to get a real computer lately though. it will not let me post the recording

11. ChobitsCrazy

ChobitsCrazy Terrarian

Crafting module seems to be missing recipes? First I've noticed are the Comet Shard and Astral Chunk from the Calamity Mod.

*Edit* - I was filtering by weapons =P

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  12. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

Yeah, sounds like the same issue a few of us have been having. There's a workaround I mentioned both on the last page and the page before it, and the devs are aware. I assume a permanent fix is in the works, though there hasn't been any update on that.

13. Puffy Vulva

Puffy Vulva Terrarian

Anyone know the recipes??
    I just started using this mod and have no clue how to make any of the parts since the OP images are broken

14. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

I use Recipe Browser in modded gameplay, since some of the mods I use aren't very well documented as far as recipes go (or have too many items to keep track of them all). I remember the storage component is some iron and some wood, and then the storage heart requires emeralds and diamonds, the crafting interface requires sapphires and diamonds, and the storage containers themselves are a chest and some tungsten. Don't ask me about particular amounts, though, as it's been a few weeks since I've had to look at the recipes.

15. Echoherb

Echoherb Terrarian

Seems like imksushi mod items don't show up when searching mods in the crafting interface..

16. Skarmory321

Skarmory321 Terrarian

Having trouble on a multiplayer server, where the storage heart acts like NOTHING is connected, yet I can still place items inside.

Attached Files:

17. Blazer Nitrox

Blazer Nitrox Terrarian

Eyy, is that Mint I see?
    Yeah, it's a known issue with how Terraria on Mac/Linux is run. There's a workaround involving swapping out one of the library files in the Terraria directory on page 59 if you want to try that.

#####Accidental Double Post#####
    I believe that's because imksushi's doesn't add any items itself. The crafting interface sorts by what mod the crafted item is from, not what mod adds the recipe (e.g. the Shiny Red Balloon recipe won't show up as imksushi's because the item itself is vanilla, even though the recipe is modded).

18. Zach_Chan

Zach_Chan Terrarian

Hey guys. I just recently added the Magic Storage mod to my server and it has been causing some problems. Everytime i place an item from the mod in the console it says
    "[2019-05-20 08:24:41]: Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer". If i place the items a few times it'll end up crashing the server. Is there a way to combat this problem? Am i doing something wrong? Thank you very much!

19. Echoherb

Echoherb Terrarian

The mod isn't compatible with multiplayer at the moment.

20. Zach_Chan

Zach_Chan Terrarian

Thank you for the quick response! Is there an ETA for when it will be updated? Would love to use this fantastic mod!