tModLoader Magic Storage

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by blushiemagic, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Echoherb

Echoherb Terrarian

To clarify it seems like many people are having trouble with the mod on multiplayer, especially mac users. Others have reported their items randomly disappearing in multiplayer. Best to avoid using this mod for multiplayer at the moment.

There hasn't been an update since last August, so there's really no telling when another update will happen unfortunately.

Zach_Chan likes this.
  2. >__<

>__< Terrarian

Update: Every mod related block and biome was deleted, it seems like it's not magicstorage's fault, items remained but all blocks are gone, anyone got any idea if this is revertable somehow?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. Echoherb

Echoherb Terrarian

Did you use Tedit? This happened to me after trying to edit a world.

4. >__<

>__< Terrarian

No, I think I had it set to be on steam cloud without manually doing a local backup.A quick peek around the internets has told me that I should never do that with a modded world or player. Good to know now, I only lost about 30 hours of gameplay, which is better than the people that have lost hundreds I supposed

5. deus-misereatur

deus-misereatur Terrarian

Hi, really appreciate this mod. But like the user Sanity Evoker (along with the exception he brought up on page 53), I've been getting a Silently Caught Exception whenever I use the crafting interface, either after typing in the name in the Search Name textbox or when I spam the Craft button one time too many. Has this issue ever been addressed?

The exception in question is as follows:
    Silently Caught Exception: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
    at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.IsAvailable(Recipe recipe)
    at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.<RefreshRecipes>b__5(Recipe recipe)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.RefreshRecipes()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Very much like the previously mentioned user. The only mods I'm running are CheatSheet, Luiafk, MagicStorage, and RecipeBrowser.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. Hytax

Hytax Terrarian

I am incapable of using this mod with the tPatcher client mod. Every time I open the storage heart I crash with the following error.

Code:
    System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState,

SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)

at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)

at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

7. Nomad000

Nomad000 Skeletron Prime

Any chance you can add some more filters like sort by damage and sort by defense?

8. Deathbybunnies

Deathbybunnies Terrarian

The pictures in the guide are broken, so now you can't see the recipes. Is there a version anywhere with working pictures I can read?

9. Airarret

Airarret Terrarian

The pictures are broken because they hotlinked to the images on the wiki, and the wiki has changed its CDN backend since so now all the direct links to image resources are broken.

• Storage component: 10 of any wood + 2 iron/lead bars @ work bench
    • Storage heart: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 emeralds @ work bench
    • Storage unit: storage component + chest + 10 silver/tungsten bars @ work bench
    • Crimtane/demonite storage upgrade: 10 crimtane/demonite bars + amethysts @ anvil
    • Hellstone storage upgrade: 10 hellstone bars + topaz @ anvil
    • Hallowed storage upgrade: 10 hallowed bars + soul of fright + soul of might + soul of sight + sapphire @ hardmode anvil
    • Blue clorophyte storage upgrade: 5 shroomite bars + 5 spectre bars + beetle husk + emerald @ hardmode anvil
    • Luminite storage upgrade: 10 luminite bars + 5 solar fragments + 5 vortex fragments + 5 nebula fragments + 5 stardust fragments + ruby @ ancient manipulator
    • Terra storage upgrade: radiant jewel + diamond @ ancient manipulator
    • Storage unit wand: actuation rod + storage component @ anvil
    • Storage connector: 10 of any wood + iron/lead bar @ work bench
    • Storage access: storage component + diamond = 7 topazes @ work bench
    • Remote storage access: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 rubies @ work bench
    • Locator: 10 meteorite bars + 5 ambers @ anvil
    • Locator drive: 25 martian conduit plating + 5 luminite bars @ ancient manipulator
    • Storage crafting interface: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 sapphires @ work bench
    • Portable remote storage access: locator drive + radiant jewel + 3 diamonds + 7 rubies @ ancient manipulator

Blazer Nitrox and Deathbybunnies like this.
  10. 2ScoopsOfSTFU

2ScoopsOfSTFU Terrarian

Has anyone had an issue with MagicStorage not working on single player? I don't get an error message and the game still runs. It just shows a large storage window with 0/0 at the bottom no matter how many units I have attached or how it's configured. Running on Windows 10.

11. Airarret

Airarret Terrarian

Works fine in single player for me.

[​IMG]

Crafting interface, heart, and seven storage units.

Unrelated minor issue to report: the broken snowglobe used to emulate a snow biome cannot be created with Crimson's red ice blocks, even though it accepts Corruption's purple ice blocks and Hallow's pink ice blocks in addition to regular ice and snow.

12. 2ScoopsOfSTFU

2ScoopsOfSTFU Terrarian

After you posted your picture I figured out was I was doing wrong. I was trying to the storage components and not the storage units. For some reason it didn't dawn on me before. Thanks!