• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Magic Storage

zTeam

Terrarian
How do I make my crafting interface have more than just two rows of things I am able to craft? It’s so tiny and annoying to scroll so far all the time, and I see here you have 3 rows. Maybe I’m just dumb.

Doctor Goat

Terrarian
To the author of the fork: Could you please reimplement only seeing things the player can make? It's very strange to not have that. Additionally, flagging all items as NewAndShiny is really bothersome and if you can't limit what you can see to what you can make, its purpose is questionable.

For everyone involved (fork or not) though... this thing really needs a way to cache recipes. I am pretty sure it's doing the entire recipe database query every time you craft something, so when you have a large inventory and you try to convert a big pile of ores to bars, the game will peg a core trying to keep up with having to redo the filter every ore. Querying only database items that include currently active ingredients might be faster, but it's been a while since I did anything related to mass database rebuilding. Note that this also affects vanilla shops on a weak computer.

The simplest way to avoid having to really get down and rework filtering would probably be to have multiplier buttons, like x5/x25/All, with all converting all of the ingredients you have to the recipe until you run out. Maybe a slider getting its max from the minimum number of an item you have for the recipe?

A little flag on the icon to show you if you already have an item would be nice too, I think.

It's fun and nice to try to collect everything and ambling around and doing kleptomania in Terraria is making a sinus infection much less impactful. It's so nice to have huge storage after forcing myself to do 1.4 without it.

GedasFX

Terrarian
Just add this mod today.
Test on newly create world single play it works fine.
But adding it on existing multiplayer server world, when place the storage and connect them together, slot count remains 0/0. Item can be added to said chest but it won't appear in it and cannot dig the storage unit up. (note that I already know not to dig out the heart).
And even more surprise, another client join and found gigantic hole where our base supposed to be.
I also try re-login and also got drop into the deep with NPCs that teleport up and fall again and again endlessly.
Shame that I don't have any log. I panic and quickly `exit-nosave` then replace everything with backup.

View attachment 271090
Created an account on the forum just to post the solution. It turns out the issue lies on the Linux version of tModLoaderServer. You must either use Windows or use mono-complete package. The solution was found on the mods GitHub page.

In general, to solve the issue you need to:
1. Make a backup of all saves.
2. Download and install mono-complete form the mono-project.com.
3. Remove all System.*.dll files from the tModLoader folder.
4. Start the server with `mono tModLoaderServer.exe`

If you follow these instructions the hole problem should dissapear (at least it did for me)

Yeetertron

Terrarian
hey uh so i have found a bug that when i use the mod somewhere around after killing mech bosses when i leave and come back later all the storage is gone with all the items i dont know if calamity causes this but it ruined quite a lot of play throughs for me so if you could fix it i would appreciate it

NoahTheB

Terrarian
Created an account on the forum just to post the solution. It turns out the issue lies on the Linux version of tModLoaderServer. You must either use Windows or use mono-complete package. The solution was found on the mods GitHub page.

In general, to solve the issue you need to:
1. Make a backup of all saves.
2. Download and install mono-complete form the mono-project.com.
3. Remove all System.*.dll files from the tModLoader folder.
4. Start the server with `mono tModLoaderServer.exe`

If you follow these instructions the hole problem should dissapear (at least it did for me)

I have been having the same problem on Windows, however; in multiplayer, the storage is 0/0, but in single player, it works fine. For my friend, (not sure which operating system he’s using, think it’s Windows), the chunk around did appear to be missing for him. I even tried using the Remote Storage Accesses and spreading my items in 5 sets of 5 Blue Chlorophyte Storage things around the world, but to no avail.

Buddha

Terrarian
Does anyone know how to convert or add an additional tiletype to the StorageConnector?
Having one connector passing through a wall will ruin that structure in terms of being a suitable house.

$hadowlord76

Terrarian
1597812018595.png
so the crafting box doesn't work (as you can see i put in a work bench and i also have 209 items in the storage system) but i can't figure out why it won't show any of the crafting stuff. Not sure if this is a bug or if i am doing something wrong. (i disabled all my other mods to see if it was one of them and it still didn't work when i did that)

$hadowlord76

Terrarian
I am also confused at what the bar thing is that's in the right corner of the place you grab the stuff you crafted there is also a second one on the right of the crafting recipes part the first one used to be white and had something sticking down out of it that disappeared when i right and left clicked it but nothing changed

dinidini4000

Skeletron Prime
can i ask whats with the tiny storage unit with only 4 slots is it a joke storage as it has no crafting recipe

or was there a recipe in mind but never made

SoulForge

Terrarian
To the author of the fork: Could you please reimplement only seeing things the player can make? It's very strange to not have that. Additionally, flagging all items as NewAndShiny is really bothersome and if you can't limit what you can see to what you can make, its purpose is questionable.

For everyone involved (fork or not) though... this thing really needs a way to cache recipes. I am pretty sure it's doing the entire recipe database query every time you craft something, so when you have a large inventory and you try to convert a big pile of ores to bars, the game will peg a core trying to keep up with having to redo the filter every ore. Querying only database items that include currently active ingredients might be faster, but it's been a while since I did anything related to mass database rebuilding. Note that this also affects vanilla shops on a weak computer.

The simplest way to avoid having to really get down and rework filtering would probably be to have multiplier buttons, like x5/x25/All, with all converting all of the ingredients you have to the recipe until you run out. Maybe a slider getting its max from the minimum number of an item you have for the recipe?

A little flag on the icon to show you if you already have an item would be nice too, I think.

It's fun and nice to try to collect everything and ambling around and doing kleptomania in Terraria is making a sinus infection much less impactful. It's so nice to have huge storage after forcing myself to do 1.4 without it.
What fork?

RZ500

Terrarian
Probably missing something obvious, but I'm unable to mine a storage crafting interface (molten pickaxe; bombs don't work either). Other mods enabled: Calamity, Smart Doors, Block Swap.

DeuzLaharl

Terrarian
Don't know if the mod is maintained, but I've notice a strange behaviour that I don't know if it's intentional or not:

Either singleplayer or multiplayer, specifically in a large world and independent of quantity of itens stored, if I link a remote access to a storage heart (both locators had the same effect) they work until any player in the server reenters the game. After that a message says "This access is not connected to a Storage Heart!" for the player who reentered the game.

This behaviour keeps until the player click on the storage heart and if the him rejoin the game the same thing happens. Although, it's important to notice that this will only happen if the remote access and heart are more or less 250 tiles apart, either on X or Y axis (211 was my "for sure" test), on a large world.

Error line on magicstorage github: Line 64 of StorageAccess.cs file.

Modlist:
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"AutoReroll",
"BannerBonanza",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityFlamethrowers",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"CalValEX",
"CheatSheet", (used for testing)
"MagicStorage",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SmartDoors"

Cheers!

Nyumitoni

Spazmatism
Anyone else having an issue where the storage heart acts like all adjacent spaces to it are filled so you can't connect it to a system?

Edit: Apparently the remote access module causes this bug

Last edited:
Top Bottom