tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

I only get an hour or two every other day for terraria, so Willy Wonka's Beijing tech branch will be a slow thing to build. Oh, don't give me that look. We have to cut costs somewhere, and I simply can't work without my unicorn skin carpeting.

With the right mods, I can get as much play out of terraria as I do with Dwarf Fortress.

With less cat butchering, that is.

Is it possible we can get some kind of round robin in put? Cause I want to make an auto boss farmer using simple chests (I'll put a screenshot here later) and at the moment I have to use a lot of filters and push one summiner into one single chest instead of it going out equally.
Also, can we get a multi item black/whitelist at all? (Creating a black list or filter takes a lot of filters and space othetwise.. ill show in a the same screenshot if what i have)

But I love the mod! Currently comboing quantum chests, magic storage, this and simple auto chests to create an auto boss farmer!! Takes a lot of time.

upload_2018-4-23_19-26-14.png

As you can see in that screenshot, I am using a lot of filters, each one consists of a boss summoner + the armor and weapon i use all the way at the top, which is why I was wondering if a better filter would be possible at all? And a round robin extractor so I dont need to use 1 summon type per chest

Is it possible we can get some kind of round robin in put? Cause I want to make an auto boss farmer using simple chests (I'll put a screenshot here later) and at the moment I have to use a lot of filters and push one summiner into one single chest instead of it going out equally.
Also, can we get a multi item black/whitelist at all? (Creating a black list or filter takes a lot of filters and space othetwise.. ill show in a the same screenshot if what i have)

But I love the mod! Currently comboing quantum chests, magic storage, this and simple auto chests to create an auto boss farmer!! Takes a lot of time.
I've made a few generic filter items that should help with that sort of problems. I think I can release the new version this week, unless I find something I really messed up...

Round Robin extractors would require some major changes in the whole transfer system. It wouldn't be impossible, I guess, but you should be able to set up something like that with the current stuff. With a logic gate counter and transfer gates.

That's a pretty cool build BTW. :)

It just keeps growing with the whole add more every time a new boss item shows up. The little thing beside it auto tosses pirate maps into the bin cause auto gen.

Heh, don't know enough about counters and the like to do it.

Updated to v1.6 (Yay, finally :happy:)
  • Custom tile loading
  • Furniture can now be placed on Inlet
  • Inlet picks up critters
  • Outlet drops critters as NPCs
  • Pipes visually connect to transfer devices
  • Added Extractinator adapter
  • Added Buttons
  • Added Filter Items
  • Fixed Omni Turret multiplayer support
There were a lot of under the hood changes with this one. I've got a custom setup that makes the loading of tile objects and items to place them simpler.
The biggest new feature is probably the item filters. You can buy the "any" filter from the mechanic, and then craft it with various things to make the others. It will also be pretty simple to implement new kinds of filters in the future, if they are needed.
Just for fun, I added these button things as well! They should work exactly like levers, but they don't have an up/down state (which is actually quite weird with terraria's signal based wiring).
Here is a little demo of the other changes:

Last edited:
So many possibilities! I don't know where to start!

But from your image there, an auto-extractinator sounds good!

Especially for those moments where you realize you're sitting on 8k silt.....

Especially for those moments where you realize you're sitting on 8k silt.....

I have at least ten stacks of 9999(maxstack+ is a godsend) of desert fossils I haven't bothered putting through the extractionator due to some accidental duping. Had another program interrupt terraria, and terraria crashed. When I logged back in, I had an inventory full of desert fossils and sturdy fossils, and it took forever to clear out my chests, because they were all filled with the last item in their inventories.

I have grown to hate silver reflective dye and yellow marigolds. Also, I'm terrified to go home, because there's a chest with enough dynamite to nuke all of reality ten times over.

Sometimes, I remember the looming armageddon still locked in that chest, the only chest that hasn't had its inventory transferred to magic storage. In those quiet moments, I remember the imminent spontaneous death biding its time, and I curl up in a ball and weep with joy.

There's just so much beauty in the world, you know?

The filters are great!! Like, it helps create such an idea for a sorting system and multiple different systems now... I don't know if it's possible for a "boss summon" or a "ore" filter?
Well... Boss summons will count as consumables. Other than that it would be tricky to find them. I could possibly do it similarly to how I did the pickup blacklist. Just compile a list of accepted items at load time, hardcode vanilla items, check for modded items based on the methods they override. The problem is boss summons will only use UseItem and possibly CanUseItem. These are fairly generic. I could maybe somehow look for calls to NPC.SpawnOnPlayer in the method body...

Ore would be doable I think. By looking for "ore" in the name, and looking for recipes to turn them into a thing called "bar".

Yeah, only reason I question was cause the consumable thing also takes out the boss bags.. unless it's easier to make a treasure bag filter?

Hello, I'm experiencing a weird glitch with mechTransfer's Transfer Pipes.

What's weird is that the mod used to work perfectly for me until I switched a couple mods.
I removed Terraria Overhaul and added Spirit, Sacred Tools, Vipix' toolbox and builder's toolbox and created a new world.
I tried removing each of the aforementioned mods to see if it would solve the issue before posting.
For a more complete list, I created a modpack with enabled mods to get the json:

[
"ThoriumMod",
"SmeltableTools",
"RecipeBrowser",
"MechTransfer",
"Fargowiltas",
"BossChecklist",
"MiniBossNPC",
"SilkTouch",
"MagicStorage",
"chadsfurni",
"WMITF",
"CrystiliumMod",
"Project_Logic",
"MaxStackPlus",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"ArtificialAltars",
"SummonersAssociation",
"SolutionsMod",
"Pumpking",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"WeaponOut",
"MoreChestLoot",
"BaseMod",
"GRealm",
"DyeEasy",
"BuildPlanner",
"VipixToolBox",
"SacredTools",
"SpiritMod",
"CheatSheet"
]

Note that cheatSheet is only activated here to test this glitch when deactivating mods in case something went wrong.

Now the transfer pipes have a weird visual when trying to place them (like they used to but with a suspicious "unloaded item" pink line and the beginning of what seems to be another pipe sprite). All the other transfer single-block items seem to also have an extra bit at the bottom when placed:

Qs4yQ6r.png

CZnVW6e.png

Placing all of them makes all peaceable type blocks (regular furniture as well as mushrooms, trees, wire switches) invisible under the pipe's bottom y coordinate.
Magic storage parts become partially invisible. The pipe itself becomes invisible as well :
Q5qSpGB.png

This visual glitch dissipates when getting far enough from the pipe itself but resumes by getting close enough again. It seems to affect everything under its y coordinate to a range of a screen and a half (1680x1050 resolution):

z44J8NR.png

Notice here that the liquid farms pumps are also invisible.
aUBNgTF.png

PS: While coming to this thread to show this bug I noticed mention of an update (which looks dope). So I installed it hoping it would fix it.
Now the problem only occurs when a transfer pipe is connected to the bottom of any mechTransfer block. The MT blocks still have that weird visual when placed. Only the pipes cause the glitch and now with MT 1.6 only when placed under another MT block.

If you have any clue of what's going on I would welcome them because I really want to start building contraptions with this awesome mod.

A what clock? It sounds good and all but i don't get it haha! ;-;
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...skeleton-counter-video.6464/#1_3_Update_Notes (at the bottom of the Op)
It's pretty much the best engine you can make in the game. Outputs one activation per frame exactly.

Placing all of them makes all peaceable type blocks (regular furniture as well as mushrooms, trees, wire switches) invisible under the pipe's bottom y coordinate.
Are you using the newest version of Spirit mod? I know in the past it used to break the 1x1 tile object template. Of course it is also possible that some other mod has the same issue now. I should probably stop using those templates.

Are you using the newest version of Spirit mod? I know in the past it used to break the 1x1 tile object template. Of course it is also possible that some other mod has the same issue now. I should probably stop using those templates.
Spirit mod is probably fully updated since I installed it fairly recently. But as I said, the glitch still happens with Spirit disabled, as well as all the other mods I added since MT worked ( I may have missed one but I doubt it since I remember trying MT stuff right before removing TO, adding these mods and moving to another world because of removing TO breaking everything ).

Ok, I could still try to remove spirit and Sacred Tools with MT 1.6

I don't know anything about terraria modmaking but that thing about 1x1 template seems to fit the category of MT blocks that look weird. The Transfer Inlet or the Magic Storage Interface blocks don't break nor look weird.

Spirit mod is probably fully updated since I installed it fairly recently. But as I said, the glitch still happens with Spirit disabled, as well as all the other mods I added since MT worked ( I may have missed one but I doubt it since I remember trying MT stuff right before removing TO, adding these mods and moving to another world because of removing TO breaking everything ).

Ok, I could still try to remove spirit and Sacred Tools with MT 1.6

I don't know anything about terraria modmaking but that thing about 1x1 template seems to fit the category of MT blocks that look weird. The Transfer Inlet or the Magic Storage Interface blocks don't break nor look weird.
While you are testing stuff, also make sure to relaunch terraria. A simple reload will not fix it.

Back
Top Bottom