tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Just found out about this mod by scrolling through the mod browser, seems like I can relive my tekkit dreams in Terraria! Will you ever add something similar to your Teleporter Unchained, but for this mod? I wish to transfer items across large areas without pipes and seeing something like this exists in magic storage, I was wondering if this is a planned feature :).
Not to discourage any new features being added to this (awesome) mod, but there are ways to "teleport" items across long distances using other mods.
Magic Storage (Remote storage access) and Portable Storage (Quantum chests). I only use magic storage but both mods in that instance offer the same thing: a shared storage space from multiple access points. You can send items from one place and retrieve them from the other without having to lay down pipes across great distances. For MS, I would recommend having your item collection network(s) separate from your main storage network to avoid crap bleeding through it by mistake. You can use MT pipe systems to transport stuff between multiple MS networks (e.g. some stuff i've posted on this thread). You will still need to run wire tough if you want items emptied out from one end as they come in from the other but the Project__Logic mod offers a way to transmit signals wirelessly (Radio link).

As for Teleporters Unchained, you just made me discover its existance! I didn't know this modder had yet more cool stuff I didn't see. I'll download that.

Last edited:
Would it at all be possible to add some way for item inlets to have pipes under them, either by making the pipes act as platforms, or have the inlets not need their centers supported?

Would it at all be possible to add some way for item inlets to have pipes under them, either by making the pipes act as platforms, or have the inlets not need their centers supported?
You can always put pipes above the inlets and it won't interrupt item collection.

Pretty unhappy that when I enabled this mod it caused my game to glitch out. I spent so much time on it and decided that this mod could help, but now it won't load the .wld or .bak files (I even see them delete themselves when the world "loads". Any solution?

hey how do you use the turrets? it's not working for me. Maybe im just dum
The turrets can shoot any standard ammo, including every type of bullet and arrow, even modded ones. They can be rotated like vanilla cannons, by right clicking or via wire. The higher tier turrets do more damage and have a faster cool-down. The Matter projector has no cool-down.

DKQrfND.png

Just insert a lot of items into it fast. It has no cool down at all. You can use a little siphon like this:
ws9D82A.png
Or a bigger one with more chests:
You could also use a dummy ghost hoik clock to pump the item out.

Pretty unhappy that when I enabled this mod it caused my game to glitch out. I spent so much time on it and decided that this mod could help, but now it won't load the .wld or .bak files (I even see them delete themselves when the world "loads". Any solution?
That's quite unexpected. Could you send me your world file in a PM along with the list of mods you used with it?

Last edited:
What i need do if i got error?
Please report it on the MechTransfer forum page.

MechTransfer has logged an exception:
System.MissingMethodException: Метод не найден: "Int32 System.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadId()".
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.<FindContainerAdjacent>d__0..ctor(Int32 <>1__state)
в MechTransfer.Tiles.TransferInjectorTile.Receive(Point16 location, Item item)
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.SearchForTarget(Int32 startX, Int32 startY, Item IToTransfer)
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.StartTransfer(Int32 startX, Int32 startY, Item item)

What mods are you using?
I use this mods:
"AlchemistNPC",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"BannerChecklist",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityMod",
"CheatSheet",
"EasierBossLoot",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"HEROsMod",
"MagicStorage",
"ItemChecklist",
"Infinity",
"NoMoreTombs",
"OreSeeds",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SuperQuickRespawn",
"WingSlot",
"srecipes",
"AutoTrash",
"FullHealthRespawn",
"MaxStackPlus",
"MoreAccessories",
"ExpandedGuns",
"OPGunsAndBullets",
"Luiafk",
"MechTransfer"

What i need do if i got error?
Please report it on the MechTransfer forum page.

MechTransfer has logged an exception:
System.MissingMethodException: Метод не найден: "Int32 System.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadId()".
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.<FindContainerAdjacent>d__0..ctor(Int32 <>1__state)
в MechTransfer.Tiles.TransferInjectorTile.Receive(Point16 location, Item item)
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.SearchForTarget(Int32 startX, Int32 startY, Item IToTransfer)
в MechTransfer.TransferAgent.StartTransfer(Int32 startX, Int32 startY, Item item)
Do you get this error consistently, or was this just a one time event?
This could happen if you don't have .NET version 4.5 installed, so make sure you do have that. In future releases I will make sure to target .NET 4 instead.

Last edited:
Do you get this error consistently, or was this just a one time event?
This could happen if you don't have .NET version 4.5 installed, so make sure you do have that. In future releases I will make sure to target .NET 4 instead.
This do when i use transfer injector

Where did the mod go on Modbrowser?
I've just checked and it's still there... Maybe you have "updates only" selected on the browser or something like that? If you still can't find it, you can also download the mod directly from Github.

I tried searching for this, but it seems this mod is overloading the inventory of the Mechanic NPC. Can you have less items buyable and make people rely more on crafting from base components?

I've just checked and it's still there... Maybe you have "updates only" selected on the browser or something like that? If you still can't find it, you can also download the mod directly from Github.
Not updates only, i toggled all mods, still cannot find it.

I tried searching for this, but it seems this mod is overloading the inventory of the Mechanic NPC. Can you have less items buyable and make people rely more on crafting from base components?
MechTransfer adds two items to the mechanic in total. I don't really think that's too much. What other mods are you using that need the mechanic?

Not updates only, i toggled all mods, still cannot find it.
Are you on the latest version of TModLoader? Are there any other mods you can't download? If this really is an issue with the mod browser you should report it on the TModLoader thread.

MechTransfer adds two items to the mechanic in total. I don't really think that's too much. What other mods are you using that need the mechanic?

I'll check through my other mods, see if one of them might be causing the issue. There are way more than 2 items from MechTransfer in her shop inventory in my world. Will report back shortly.

EDIT: Apologies, I had MechSeller installed as well. This is what happens when I go on a mod installation spree. :)

I'll check through my other mods, see if one of them might be causing the issue. There are way more than 2 items from MechTransfer in her shop inventory in my world. Will report back shortly.

EDIT: Apologies, I had MechSeller installed as well. This is what happens when I go on a mod installation spree. :)
Oh cool, I didn't even know that thing existed. Neat!

Back
Top Bottom