tModLoader Metroid Mod

So... I’m at the point in progression where I’m about ready to fight wall of flesh, but before I do, I wanted to try to get what parts I can in order to upgrade my power beam later in hard mode. Since I’m using recipe browser, I saw one of the items I can make requires the “unknown item” *Cue that strange fanfare* and I was wondering where to get it. Is it hidden in hell somewhere? Is it dropped by a boss I haven’t fought yet? I don’t want the exact location, that’s part of the fun of this mod to me, but I was wanting a general idea of where to look.

So... I’m at the point in progression where I’m about ready to fight wall of flesh, but before I do, I wanted to try to get what parts I can in order to upgrade my power beam later in hard mode. Since I’m using recipe browser, I saw one of the items I can make requires the “unknown item” *Cue that strange fanfare* and I was wondering where to get it. Is it hidden in hell somewhere? Is it dropped by a boss I haven’t fought yet? I don’t want the exact location, that’s part of the fun of this mod to me, but I was wanting a general idea of where to look.
As stated earlier, that's in Hardmode.

It would be cool if you added beam, missile, and suit upgrades that are only available if you have mods like Thorium and Calamity installed. I know that there are mods that do something similar to allow for people to fight the Post-Moonlord Thorium and Calamity bosses without changing classes.

It would be cool if you added beam, missile, and suit upgrades that are only available if you have mods like Thorium and Calamity installed. I know that there are mods that do something similar to allow for people to fight the Post-Moonlord Thorium and Calamity bosses without changing classes.
Pretty sure that's planned for later, probably one of the last content updates if not the last for this mod.

it drops from the Kraid boss or treasure bag 100%

Scooterboot9697, how long did it take to make this. I also am learning to mod and program, do you have any advise for me as to how you made this and what helped you?

Scooterboot9697, how long did it take to make this. I also am learning to mod and program, do you have any advise for me as to how you made this and what helped you?
Well, the first, original tConfig version of this mod I released back in 2012, so this is nearly a decade old project. However, the current tModLoader version as seen here has had about 4-5 years of on-and-off development (a lot of the code was also carried over from the tAPI version which took... I think 2 years? I can't remember)... Wow, now I feel old. Lol

I learned a lot by looking at other people's mod sources as well. Whenever I saw someone had achieved an effect similar to what I wanted, I looked through to see how it was done, replicating it with several edits along the way. Also, YouTube tutorials can help, and Googling around for C# documentation is also really useful.

Capture 2021-02-09 03_14_04.png
Capture 2021-02-09 03_14_10.png

got the switches done for the most part

they glow on a 4 frame cycle (1>2>3>4>3>2>back to start)
they have a second display animation that is a postdraw that shows it as unlocked or locked but i couldnt figure out how to animate it
(for one reason is that the unlocked/locked animation is 2 frames shorter then the main.tile animation)

i just need to do its item

then its onto the doors

ps: yes i can see the pink lol
it didnt show up ingame till i took the picture

Well, the first, original tConfig version of this mod I released back in 2012, so this is nearly a decade old project. However, the current tModLoader version as seen here has had about 4-5 years of on-and-off development (a lot of the code was also carried over from the tAPI version which took... I think 2 years? I can't remember)... Wow, now I feel old. Lol

I learned a lot by looking at other people's mod sources as well. Whenever I saw someone had achieved an effect similar to what I wanted, I looked through to see how it was done, replicating it with several edits along the way. Also, YouTube tutorials can help, and Googling around for C# documentation is also really useful.
Thank you so much!

believe it or not you can get pretty far into calamity post moonlord with what's in the mod already. phazon beam melts providence on revengence mode, and when that overheats, SOLAR BEAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! and the ceaseless void gives you a really good reason to use the vortext terra gear. however.... thats more or less the end of it. i haven't tried it, but i this the DoG will put a hard stop to your shinanagins with the metroid mod with how much damage seems to soar, and the fact that you can't use a charge beam AND the hyper beam modules at the same time. (it'd be cool if you could go all in on the charging beam idea though. like a upgrade to the phazon/hyper/luminite beam where the hyper beam is just your normal shot, then winding it up basicly gives you the beam bursts older cousin from prime 3. plus the new teir would give reason to re-enable the debuffs from the other beams.)

Something I would like to mention, I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or if it's an accident but the Sunflare Beam overrides most of the appearances of the other Lunar Beams, I'm guessing this is done on purpose to showcase that it overpowers the other Beam Weapons it but I honestly feel like it seems weird whenever the enemies become blue while using an orange beam hot beam. Also I want to know where you get the Plasma Core at, because I feel like I might have missed it in all honesty.
EDIT: Solar Beam, not Sunflare Beam.

Something I would like to mention, I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or if it's an accident but the Sunflare Beam overrides most of the appearances of the other Lunar Beams, I'm guessing this is done on purpose to showcase that it overpowers the other Beam Weapons it but I honestly feel like it seems weird whenever the enemies become blue while using an orange beam hot beam. Also I want to know where you get the Plasma Core at, because I feel like I might have missed it in all honesty.
EDIT: Solar Beam, not Sunflare Beam.
the cold plasma core is dropped from the ice queen
and yea i missed it too

Also something I'd like to request, do you think it's possible to make it to where you can enable/disable the screw attack/speed booster via the visible toggle? Because while I do like me some Screw Attack + Speed Boost, it does kind of get in the way of trying to find a Truffle Worm, especially since you can accidentally kill it.

Thank you for saying that Ridley will be added! You should make him post-ML!

Ridley is pretty iconic but he has never really been an endgame boss. I think having him be post lunatic pre moonlord makes sense and then post moonlord should be reserved for an enhanced version of Ridley and Mother Brain. I don't really know of many final bosses of Metroid games but the Mother Brain fight is iconic (both the NES version and the SNES version) and makes sense as a post moonlord boss IMO. At least the final form of mother brain. The initial lab fight could be pre-moonlord and the loot from it + moonlord + enhanced ridley loot could be part of the summoning mechanic for the final version of mother brain.

Ridley is pretty iconic but he has never really been an endgame boss. I think having him be post lunatic pre moonlord makes sense and then post moonlord should be reserved for an enhanced version of Ridley and Mother Brain.
Ridley has several varations in the games, actually. In canonical order they are: Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, Proteus Ridley, and Neo Ridley. Meta Ridley is basically a resurrected cyborg version of him, Omega Ridley is Meta Ridley infused with Phazon (probably the most difficult), Proteus Ridley is him resurrected again but with fewer cybernetic parts, and Neo Ridley is a mutated clone of Ridley created from X-Parasites. The one that would probably make the most sense to use is probably Meta Ridley, as Neo Ridley, while it is the most distinct one, probably shouldn't appear unless there's already a theme of X-Parasites happening as that's a super major threat that can't just go unnoticed, and Omega and Proteus Ridley are less known than those two. (I might be getting some reasoning wrong here, I didn't play the prime games, so Omega Ridley probably is in the exact same boat as Neo for all I know.)
I don't really know of many final bosses of Metroid games but the Mother Brain fight is iconic (both the NES version and the SNES version) and makes sense as a post moonlord boss IMO. At least the final form of mother brain. The initial lab fight could be pre-moonlord and the loot from it + moonlord + enhanced ridley loot could be part of the summoning mechanic for the final version of mother brain.
From final bosses to choose from (in canonical order), there are: Mother Brain, Mecha Ridley (just a robotic imitation of Ridley, which is why I didn't mention it earlier), Metroid Prime, Dark Samus, Aurora Unit 313, Metroid Queen, Proteus Ridley, and SA-X. (In the three games that shall not be named there are Master Brain, Gorea, and Phantoon, but... yeah let's not please.) That's a pretty good selection to choose from, I think. Mother Brain is definitely the most iconic but many of the other ones are rather infamous, so I don't know which would be best to pick.

Back
Top Bottom