tModLoader Modder's Toolkit - a Mod for Modders doing Modding

It's possible, but with no one helping on the mod it'll have to wait until my whims take me there. Make an issue on github if you want me to remember.
I have no idea how that would work, but I guess I should find out. Another item I wanted to ask about is particulate adjustment of values, maybe + and - buttons on each side... a few values have so many options that the sliders will skip chunks. Found this out experimenting with projectile types.

I'll see if I can work out how to attach this stuff to github.

I have no idea how that would work, but I guess I should find out. Another item I wanted to ask about is particulate adjustment of values, maybe + and - buttons on each side... a few values have so many options that the sliders will skip chunks. Found this out experimenting with projectile types.

I'll see if I can work out how to attach this stuff to github.
you can input values into the textbox for most sliders.

you can input values into the textbox for most sliders.
I missed that, but + and - would allow for faster experimentation. It's not a big deal, just another convenience, but I figured I'd put that out there. This mod is FAN-FRIGGIN-TASTIC for a newb like me to explore the game's resources! Thanks again!

my suggestions
1.saving dust particles into projectiles or effects. (custom projectiles preaty much)
2.presets for when you exit you can load it again (if the projectile is unknown then it would warn you)
3.ncp editor/spawner includes a loot table editor status editor
(ex: zombie with 20000 hp, shoots lunatic cultist fireballs, 50 dp (defence points) for testing enemy status and drops

my suggestions
1.saving dust particles into projectiles or effects. (custom projectiles preaty much)
2.presets for when you exit you can load it again (if the projectile is unknown then it would warn you)
3.ncp editor/spawner includes a loot table editor status editor
(ex: zombie with 20000 hp, shoots lunatic cultist fireballs, 50 dp (defence points) for testing enemy status and drops
I think the main thing to keep in mind is that this isn't a tool to mod your gameplay. This is mostly a tool to explore the game's resources in real time, so you can put together a better idea of what you want to do in your mods.

Update:

Added a Copy code button for the dust tool:
rdzl6yo.png

which will give you code on your clipboard like this:

Code:
if (Main.rand.NextFloat() < 0.5526316f)
{
    Dust dust;
    // You need to set position depending on what you are doing. You may need to subtract width/2 and height/2 as well to center the spawn rectangle.
    Vector2 position = Main.LocalPlayer.Center;
    dust = Main.dust[Terraria.Dust.NewDust(position, 10, 15, 105, 0f, 0f, 100, new Color(255,255,255), 1f)];
    dust.noGravity = true;
    dust.noLight = true;
}

Let me know any other tools that you'd like similar functionality. (I can think of just the item and projectile tools, but I'll prioritize one if someone is interested.)

You rock. Yeah, what comes to mind for me is dusts, projectiles, and general weapon settings, that's about it. Thanks a million!

I think the main thing to keep in mind is that this isn't a tool to mod your gameplay. This is mostly a tool to explore the game's resources in real time, so you can put together a better idea of what you want to do in your mods.
its not i mean to test bosses like a hard mode BOC :brain: ect ect

Update:
v0.1.6

Updated the REPL to let modders have access to their text editor for better code testing and text writing. Use this if you have long code segments you would like to test. Here I use them to test the effects of various WorldGen methods. (HEROs Mod for revealing map)

i was having so much fun with the item editor.but then i accidentally blew up my town...but cool thing though.

Last edited:
No, that is not the point of the mod. This mod is for modders to experiment with so they can learn how to mod. What you are asking for would be a completely different mod.
Oh I have been trying to find a mod for that but this is as close as it gets. maybe you could make a new mod, just suggesting

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Terraria.Graphics.Shaders.ArmorShaderDataSet.GetSecondaryShader(Int32 id, Player player)
at ModdersToolkit.Tools.Dusts.DustTool.PostSetupContent() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ModdersToolkit\Tools\Dusts\DustTool.cs:line 60
at ModdersToolkit.ModdersToolkit.<>c.<PostSetupContent>b__7_0(Tool tool) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ModdersToolkit\ModdersToolkit.cs:line 58
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at ModdersToolkit.ModdersToolkit.PostSetupContent() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\ModdersToolkit\ModdersToolkit.cs:line 58
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

mooders toolkit has been removed from the mod browser aparently i think that out of range thing is the problem but tmod loader is still 0.10.1

short question, it is shown that you can edit values of weapons, my question is ; can you save that? so that you can close the thing(or leave it open ) and use the item in a fight without the values changeing all the time?

Back
Top Bottom