PC Most Obnoxious Item To Obtain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoi

Terrarian
Everyone knows that there are a lot of obnoxious items to obtain in terraria, that cost you hours or even days to farm for. Some being things like the materials needed for the Ankh Charm, the dreaded key molds or my least favourite, the slime staff. There are so many items like this, with super low drop rates and sometimes low spawn rates for the creatures that drop these items. It can really be quite the pain. So what's your least favourite item to obtain? Which obnoxious item took you the longest to farm for?

P.S. I'm still having trouble getting a constant supply Lime Kelp and Orange Bloodroot for rainbow dye.

I dont know. Here's a list.

Wisp in a bottle
Ankh Sheild
Bone Key
Dirt

Lol, not dirt, but seriously, the Wisp in a bottle took forever.
I'm not gonna say The Axe because I got that relatively early. (3rd Kill! Yay, RNG!)

I didn't really try to get the Wisp, I just got it while farming for other stuff in the dungeon.

My dungeon hates me, so... Yah. I had to specifically farm for everything but the item I wanted before I got it.

EDIT: Wait, how far are you to Rainbow Dye? :)

While the Wisp in a Bottle is time consuming to obtain, Fairy Bell does it's job sufficiently well to warrant skipping it. The most obnoxious item to obtain in all instances has to be The Axe. Difficult boss, ridiculously low drop rate, it all adds up.

What you need is a dirt farm. Orange bloodroot is hard to find, so why not farm it? (And some blinkroot, ugh)
Like dye, though, has to be obtained from the ocean, so I can't really give tips on that. :(

Miner's Outfit. Just sitting in an afk farm for armor that will never get practical use is just obnoxious.
Never tried for it, it's low armour rating isn't worth any effort in my opinion. Especially when you could just get silver or gold armour in the meantime and it'd be 4 times better.

^ This.
Also, dyes for the most part aren't nearly as important as weapons, tools and accessories. They're just there for the aesthetics.

Well, I get it mostly from the ocean, so...
I learned something new today!

Well, this is getting off topic... :p
Well we are still talking about the hard to get item so I'd say it's still on topic enough and originally I thought you got the kelp from the ocean as well, but when I went to farm it there and found none, I searched the wiki and figured out the problem.

Miner's Outfit. Just sitting in an afk farm for armor that will never get practical use is just obnoxious.
Or not afking and just having a long flat piece of land for them to spawn so you could manually kill them with 1.1 gear.

How about the RoD? It's something I would actually use that's hard to obtain, so there's that.

Never tried for it, it's low armour rating isn't worth any effort in my opinion. Especially when you could just get silver or gold armour in the meantime and it'd be 4 times better.
One does not simply get Mining Armour for the defense. Don't you ever dream of doing this?:
YGHQMFi.gif

It's worth the grind. Definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom