Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

Add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, at Games > Add Non Steam Game, then go in the path of the mod executable and add it to the game list, you'll see the mod executable disponible on the steam games list.

Thanks for the reply, I've tried as the tutorial said... Same result, just the black command console, but it does not run...

Thanks for the reply, I've tried as the tutorial said... Same result, just the black command console, but it does not run...
Check out in the mod folder If there is a client-log or client-crashlog or something .txt in the folder.
Try pasting It's content here if exists.

Check out in the mod folder If there is a client-log or client-crashlog or something .txt in the folder.
Try pasting It's content here if exists.

Sadly, there isn't. The game doesn't crash, it simply shows that screen (where I can select blank text, by the way) and does nothing else. I can actually close it or move the screen without any problem. Ssssoooo I don't know. Other standalone mods have worked perfectly for me. I'll try with the NT 6 files now (instead of 6+) to see if theres any changes.
I also tried re-downloading the game from Steam (the downgraded game, I mean) and reinstalling everything. Still same result.

Sadly, there isn't. The game doesn't crash, it simply shows that screen (where I can select blank text, by the way) and does nothing else. I can actually close it or move the screen without any problem. Ssssoooo I don't know. Other standalone mods have worked perfectly for me. I'll try with the NT 6 files now (instead of 6+) to see if theres any changes.
I also tried re-downloading the game from Steam (the downgraded game, I mean) and reinstalling everything. Still same result.

Magically, it worked! Just pasting the NTerraria 6 files into the folder runs the game via Steam perfectly. I'll try putting on top of the 6 version the 6+ files to see if it works again.

Thank you for your support and attention, it's amazing to see how the developers are involved in the players issues and suggestions!!!

Well, I tried not to admit, or either to make this be true, but the fact is, the mod development is halted for undetermined time.
I just really not feel like trying to mod Terraria right now, or even playing it, at least for now, maybe that can change when Terraria update comes out, but
still, I'm not sure If I'll be into modding it after that, or at least unless has passed quite a sum of time.

Anyway, thanks for all those years of support, and enjoy the mod.

wow, did this mod just died? i love this mod so much, well because of the companions. why not make a mod of that for tmod?

Beside their AI is still not alright for combat, for example, give them a sword.
Well, that's pretty much it, their AI is unfinished.

well Nakano, it's been a hell of a ride, thank you for your efforts over the years, you truly reinvigorated my interest in Terraria many times. while i hope you find the passion to continue working on N Terraria it would be great to see where your next interests take you. i just want to thank you for what you brought to this game ^_^

I'm a programmer, so I'll attempt to work on games and stuff, but modding I'm not sure, at least depends on the game, since Skyrim... Ugh...

And no problem, It was as much fun for me to make the mod, as it is for you guys who plays it.

Love this mod so much, the best one rpg mod from the ones I played.
But I encountered a problem with upgrading items (the one which previously required a blacksmith and now requires an anvil). When I right click anvil, it doesn't work. I tried this with Iron and Lead anvil, clicked with different items in my hand, tried to do this while I'm in my inventory, when autopause off/on. It just doesn't work.
I am playing freerpg btw.

I saw people reporting the same issue, but never were able to find out the cause.
Unless It is caused due to factors that are unrelated to gameplay, like If the game is fullscreen or not, or something else.

i rember reading you were out of idea's (and a spriter sorry to hear that) and well i had a couple ideas that i think are awful but sharing anyway maybe an enhancment system for the player's in hard mode using the souls and other items to make stat ups potions or just raw increase like the anvil does or make certain weapons or (items) transform after certain requirements are met like kills in a certain area or type of monster generaly a powerup but could be used to implement a poison mushroom ala "cursed weapon" and require a "blessing" to restore it

i rember reading you were out of idea's (and a spriter sorry to hear that) and well i had a couple ideas that i think are awful but sharing anyway maybe an enhancment system for the player's in hard mode using the souls and other items to make stat ups potions or just raw increase like the anvil does or make certain weapons or (items) transform after certain requirements are met like kills in a certain area or type of monster generaly a powerup but could be used to implement a poison mushroom ala "cursed weapon" and require a "blessing" to restore it
Well, stat up potions already exists in Terraria though, they are done by Alchemy, they may be what you are looking for.

doh sorry for wasting your time i did not know they were there i really don't mess with alchemy that much i wonder if its just a buff (most likely) or permanent

hey nakano, would you mind telling us, what other games you have modded or just general places we can see your works? you brought something unique to terraria. i personally would like to continue to watch where your efforts take you. and see what other creations you bring to gaming.

doh sorry for wasting your time i did not know they were there i really don't mess with alchemy that much i wonder if its just a buff (most likely) or permanent
No worry, If you wanna know more about Alchemy capabilities, you can check on Terraria wiki for that.
hey nakano, would you mind telling us, what other games you have modded or just general places we can see your works? you brought something unique to terraria. i personally would like to continue to watch where your efforts take you. and see what other creations you bring to gaming.
Well, the only game I really modded was Terraria.
I tried to mod once Starbound, I thought I could try fixing the game because the progression of it is unsatisfactory, for me, but were unable to do anything of much difference due to the fact that modding it is a hell, aswell as the lack of information about the scripting of it doesn't help either.

I also tried to mod Skyrim, or better saying, Vanilla Skyrim, since Skyrim Special Edition look like a rip off to me, beared a bit with the Creation Kit madness and made a little mod for it, that made the game more challenging and last longing, the bad is that I couldn't make a port of it for Dragonborn DLC, in other words, If you play in Solstheim, you will feel like doing a instance on modern games, but at least is doable.
The mod can be found here, but I will have to redo it in the future.

I guess that's all.

No worry, If you wanna know more about Alchemy capabilities, you can check on Terraria wiki for that.

Well, the only game I really modded was Terraria.
I tried to mod once Starbound, I thought I could try fixing the game because the progression of it is unsatisfactory, for me, but were unable to do anything of much difference due to the fact that modding it is a hell, aswell as the lack of information about the scripting of it doesn't help either.

I also tried to mod Skyrim, or better saying, Vanilla Skyrim, since Skyrim Special Edition look like a rip off to me, beared a bit with the Creation Kit madness and made a little mod for it, that made the game more challenging and last longing, the bad is that I couldn't make a port of it for Dragonborn DLC, in other words, If you play in Solstheim, you will feel like doing a instance on modern games, but at least is doable.
The mod can be found here, but I will have to redo it in the future.

I guess that's all.
due to the fact that Creation Kit crashes when trying to load the dlc of it, so playing on that region with the mod installed will be like a open world raid.

I imagine this issue comes from the fact the CK fresh out of the box will refuse to load more than one master plugin at a time. Could be wrong though since Bethesda might have updated it to not be as so, but chances are this is your issue in regards to the skyrim mod. For the sake of not derailing this thread into skyrim I won't go into too much detail about the fix.

At any rate, I've enjoyed your mod for quite some time, cannot wait for season 7!

Hi! Is it possible for you to make a video tutorial on how to install this mod? I'm too much of an idiot to figure out how to do it myself. (I tried the stuff you said)

Hi! Is it possible for you to make a video tutorial on how to install this mod? I'm too much of an idiot to figure out how to do it myself. (I tried the stuff you said)
Actually I can't, making videos is not really my thing.
But I can attempt to aid you If you tell me where you are stuck.

@Topic heh, look's like N Terraria popularity has reached PC Gamer.

Back
Top Bottom