Standalone N Terraria Mod: RPG, Races, Classes, Quests, and other things.

May as well lock this thread until you're ready to work again. Can say most everything isn't working right now and you are on hiatus. Half of the mod community if not more has disappeared and haven't updated their mods to 1.3.5.

If anyone wants a large RPG modpack set up to be like this for 1.3.4 or 1.3.5 just let me know in PM. I have a working list that I've played from start to finish a few times past post game/calamity with friends.

May as well lock this thread until you're ready to work again. Can say most everything isn't working right now and you are on hiatus. Half of the mod community if not more has disappeared and haven't updated their mods to 1.3.5.

If anyone wants a large RPG modpack set up to be like this for 1.3.4 or 1.3.5 just let me know in PM. I have a working list that I've played from start to finish a few times past post game/calamity with friends.
They all probably went over to calamity or Tmodloader. No one really cares about standalone anymore sadly

Half the mods dont work and their authors havent been around since.
Thing is, NTerraria still works even if you need to do a few workarounds and version 1.3.0.8 to 1.3.5 doesn't feel like far too many things that change the game gameplay-wise so it is still playable.
Besides the fact that Nakano is still pretty much active, coming to the topic to help people with issues on the mod, generally he is the one to give me news on 1.3.6 progress that he sees, so its safe to assume he is going to be waiting for 1.3.6 to probably work on the mod.

Thing is, NTerraria still works even if you need to do a few workarounds and version 1.3.0.8 to 1.3.5 doesn't feel like far too many things that change the game gameplay-wise so it is still playable.
Besides the fact that Nakano is still pretty much active, coming to the topic to help people with issues on the mod, generally he is the one to give me news on 1.3.6 progress that he sees, so its safe to assume he is going to be waiting for 1.3.6 to probably work on the mod.
I legit played Nterraria 4 many times with Omnir's Fantasy mod and other fun stuff attatched to it, was amazing. <3 I cant even set that up anymore, best I can do is get NTerraria's working versions up standalone. :'( Which is great, but I want to play with a full party of friends like last time.

When tmodloader became a thing and all, been able to enjoy the RPG experience again until 1.3.5 squashed it.

Time for me to drop my input on how I've perceived the game and it's game modes while people stay around here.
Hardcore RPG mode is insanely hard and grinding is almost a necessity. It's best to play without expert on,
I like the PvE except bosses (specifically the mechanic ones) I'm not saying they are unbeatable because they do to much damage,
it's because their health is maybe a bit too much scaled.
The jungle is a huge jump in level requirement to the point where getting 1 or 2 shot makes it a strategy game instead of an rpg.

I like all the new entities with their own stats that vary from the normal ones, (i.e. High demons having insane attack but low health, hell bunnies as capable fighter type entities) Except night bats, I hate them they are the most annoying thing in the entire mod.

The leveling could be a little bit faster especially when encountering enemies with special traits (being giant, having insane damage and health). I would feel very accomplished when I defeated one of those bulwarks.

Up next is the upgrading system using gems and amber:
I love the system as it gives purpose to gems which in the base game don't do all that much. It is very grindy especially trying to get the higher upgrade levels.
I like collecting silt and slush in their respective biome while trying to fend off. I do not like to powergrind in the underground desert for desert fossils, while amber is good for upgrading it is extremely tiring standing 20 minutes at the extractinator having left mouse hold down (not the mod's fault, but I'd hope something could be done about this).
What is interesting about upgrading, is that accessories can't be upgraded normally but if they add to your defense (not by prefix) they can be upgraded and it will increase the defense.
It would be cool if all armor and accessories could be upgraded and not only defense if that is even possible.

Racoon boxes are fun and can have some great stuff in them. I'm not sure how I feel about them having chlorophyte and boss souls though.
Overall they could be a bit more useful.

From what I remember, items like the starfury, the Orichalcum armor set and the chlorophyte armor set bonuses have hardcoded stats for their effect -> the damage isn't scaled making them kinda bad. Same with pumpin armor and molten armor. Their damage bonuses somehow don't scale well.

From the mod adding content: I think it's not really that important as the mod already changes the core mechanics. And let's be honest, Terraria has too many items already without much reason too. 50% of all gear and equippement are made redundant (usually old ones) and adding more items certainly doesn't help that.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but will mention if I remember.
Open for counter arguments.

Off topic, there's this guy named BaumProductions on youtube, he did a playthrough of N Terraria a while ago (when 1.3 first came out) and it was pretty good.
When the first video begun with the tombstone saying "He tried to be like Yrimir", I knew would be promissing. Hahaha.

Actually, I wont lock the thread because there are rare cases where people asks for help on some issue they are having on the mod, and since most of the people know not about the social group, then this is like a second support forums.
I legit played Nterraria 4 many times with Omnir's Fantasy mod and other fun stuff attatched to it, was amazing. <3 I cant even set that up anymore, best I can do is get NTerraria's working versions up standalone. :'( Which is great, but I want to play with a full party of friends like last time.

When tmodloader became a thing and all, been able to enjoy the RPG experience again until 1.3.5 squashed it.
I don't really want to wonder how you did that, but I believe was by injecting stuff into the mod source, but anyway, no problem.
Also, I've tried a few times to make a N Terraria for tModLoader, but the confusion and stuff caused by misinformation lead me to anger and coffee.
So things went down hill.
Time for me to drop my input on how I've perceived the game and it's game modes while people stay around here.
Hardcore RPG mode is insanely hard and grinding is almost a necessity. It's best to play without expert on,
I like the PvE except bosses (specifically the mechanic ones) I'm not saying they are unbeatable because they do to much damage,
it's because their health is maybe a bit too much scaled.
The jungle is a huge jump in level requirement to the point where getting 1 or 2 shot makes it a strategy game instead of an rpg.

I like all the new entities with their own stats that vary from the normal ones, (i.e. High demons having insane attack but low health, hell bunnies as capable fighter type entities) Except night bats, I hate them they are the most annoying thing in the entire mod.

The leveling could be a little bit faster especially when encountering enemies with special traits (being giant, having insane damage and health). I would feel very accomplished when I defeated one of those bulwarks.

Up next is the upgrading system using gems and amber:
I love the system as it gives purpose to gems which in the base game don't do all that much. It is very grindy especially trying to get the higher upgrade levels.
I like collecting silt and slush in their respective biome while trying to fend off. I do not like to powergrind in the underground desert for desert fossils, while amber is good for upgrading it is extremely tiring standing 20 minutes at the extractinator having left mouse hold down (not the mod's fault, but I'd hope something could be done about this).
What is interesting about upgrading, is that accessories can't be upgraded normally but if they add to your defense (not by prefix) they can be upgraded and it will increase the defense.
It would be cool if all armor and accessories could be upgraded and not only defense if that is even possible.

Racoon boxes are fun and can have some great stuff in them. I'm not sure how I feel about them having chlorophyte and boss souls though.
Overall they could be a bit more useful.

From what I remember, items like the starfury, the Orichalcum armor set and the chlorophyte armor set bonuses have hardcoded stats for their effect -> the damage isn't scaled making them kinda bad. Same with pumpin armor and molten armor. Their damage bonuses somehow don't scale well.

From the mod adding content: I think it's not really that important as the mod already changes the core mechanics. And let's be honest, Terraria has too many items already without much reason too. 50% of all gear and equippement are made redundant (usually old ones) and adding more items certainly doesn't help that.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but will mention if I remember.
Open for counter arguments.
About your feedbacks:

The Hardcore RPG Mode I've made with two things on mind, Multiplayer and Ragnarok Online, I tried to make the mod more like the classic game progression and monster status to make the game equally challenging to the player If the player is on the level of the monster, on single player one may try to play it alone at it's own risk, but with npplayers might be able to help on damage, If the npplayers are not melee.
The boss fights also were thought to be challenging and last longing, but It doesn't help when most of the bosses have a time limit.

The new monsters used to have their own loot, but that doesn't happen again since around NT2~3, and most of them were made with the fact that Hardmode was still a new thing when N Terraria first came out, so I believe the monsters may need a tuning on the status.

I hope those "traits" you mean isn't the mobifiers, because I really hated that system, anyway, on the new season, I believe the exp given by the monster is related to It's status, rather than a multiplication of the max exp of it's level.

That gem upgrading system surelly were cool, but I believe the grade rising went a bit too far, at least I were able to use my Imp Staff until the end game.

The Raccoon Boxes were surelly a good implementation, they made grinding a bit more rewarding, too bad I didn't had much ideas of what to them as reward, so added a lot of random stuff instead. I just don't know if someone has got the rarest item it brings.

On the new season, at least If I remember well, there will be a "Neutral Status" in the game, so damages that are not melee, ranged, magic, summon or thrown will be scaled based on the neutral status value, that status is hidden and increases with the level.

The mod items and npcs were from since Hardmode were still either not in the game, or just came out, so compared to now adays and that time the mod just got those contents, most of the mod contents like items and npcs were made by old Team Members, aswell as fans of the mod who wanted to contribute to the mod growth, whose people I am thankful of, because with their help, N Terraria has grown into a very cool rpg mod, no, into a very cool STANDALONE rpg mod, which were the favorite of people for a sum of years.
Terraria has changed a lot, and got a lot more toys in the game, but I believe some extra contents wont really hurt. Even more since there are some iconic changes that marked people quest in the game, like when they first met the Graveyard biome.

Suggestions and Criticisms about something are the best way of giving support to something a person like, too bad not many developers interpret that way, anyway, Thank You for sharing your thoughts about the mod.

Added a Google Drive mirror, depending on people feedback, I may use Google Drive as main download method, and stop using Mega.

Like what? I would love to (try) to help. lol
[doublepost=1517270549,1517269958][/doublepost]What about passive skills that increases the pets Dmg, Speed or give then some kind of Spell Vamp? Or passive skills that buffs the number of total Minions. Or Active skills that give the minions new habilities. (sorry for the bad english)

Like what? I would love to (try) to help. lol
[doublepost=1517270549,1517269958][/doublepost]What about passive skills that increases the pets Dmg, Speed or give then some kind of Spell Vamp? Or passive skills that buffs the number of total Minions. Or Active skills that give the minions new habilities. (sorry for the bad english)
Passives to increase pets damage are already something I've already thought about, now active skills that give the minions new abilities sounds like a good idea.

Hey! First of all thanks for all the effort put on this mod. Sadly, I can't enjoy it since there's impossible for me running the mod.

I've followed the downgrade instructions, then put the NTerraria 6+ zip inside that folder. Tried launching it via Steam or double clicking on the .exe, but same results, just a command console.

I'll leave a screenshot here to show what my problem is. Thank y'all!!

Edit: Forgot to say, according to Game Launcher, the Terraria version I'm running in the folder where N Terraria is, is 1.3.4.4.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 193
Passives to increase pets damage are already something I've already thought about, now active skills that give the minions new abilities sounds like a good idea.

Summoner is mostly going to be passives but what do you think about a summoner class only summon. Anyone can pick up and use the summon weapons but maybe add a summon that you get through quests or levelling up summoner. I'm not sure how limited the game is with the modding but would it be possible to have the summon upgrade with your level? Or have new ones unlocked with higher levels that would resemble the summon evolving such as: Baby dragon at low level, Mid tier it would be a young dragon and then higher levels it would be fully grown and possibly give the option of choosing an element for them?

I dunno. Just an idea I had. (The summon would be a single summon only. Limit of 1 per summoner to make it feel more like a personal companion)

Thanks for reading
Sam

Hey! First of all thanks for all the effort put on this mod. Sadly, I can't enjoy it since there's impossible for me running the mod.

I've followed the downgrade instructions, then put the NTerraria 6+ zip inside that folder. Tried launching it via Steam or double clicking on the .exe, but same results, just a command console.

I'll leave a screenshot here to show what my problem is. Thank y'all!!

Edit: Forgot to say, according to Game Launcher, the Terraria version I'm running in the folder where N Terraria is, is 1.3.4.4.
Add the mod executable as a shortcut on Steam, at Games > Add Non Steam Game, then go in the path of the mod executable and add it to the game list, you'll see the mod executable disponible on the steam games list.
Summoner is mostly going to be passives but what do you think about a summoner class only summon. Anyone can pick up and use the summon weapons but maybe add a summon that you get through quests or levelling up summoner. I'm not sure how limited the game is with the modding but would it be possible to have the summon upgrade with your level? Or have new ones unlocked with higher levels that would resemble the summon evolving such as: Baby dragon at low level, Mid tier it would be a young dragon and then higher levels it would be fully grown and possibly give the option of choosing an element for them?

I dunno. Just an idea I had. (The summon would be a single summon only. Limit of 1 per summoner to make it feel more like a personal companion)

Thanks for reading
Sam
Only if rescale the enemy, since I have no spriter right now, and the AI of the summons are confusing, so I would be in problems when implementing a new summon, even couldn't make the special summon from the Werewolf Tamer class work, since bumped into several different issues.

Back
Top Bottom