• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

LordBigzy

Terrarian
People i need help Visual Studio says the code is perfectly fine, though when running in terraria, it comes up with this:
An error ocurred while building MemeologistsHolyGrail.XNAdll fails with 2 errors and C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\MemeologistsHolyGrail\Tiles\DankiteOre.cs(17,35) : error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert 'bool'to 'int' warnings.

Oh and heres the code (im attempting to make a tile)

Tile Code

using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace MemeologistsHolyGrail.Tiles
{
public class DankiteOreBlock : ModTile
{

public override void SetDefaults()
{
Main.tileSolid[Type] = true;
Main.tileMergeDirt[Type] = true;
Main.tileBlockLight[Type] = true;
Main.tileLighted[Type] = true;
Main.tileSpelunker[Type] = true;
Main.tileShine[Type] = true;
Drop = mod.ItemType("DankiteItem");
AddMapEntry(new Color(444, 222, 435));
}
}
}

Item Code

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace MemeologistsHolyGrail.Items.Placeables
{
public class DankiteItem : ModItem
{

{
DisplayName.SetDefault("Dankite");
item.width = 12;
item.height = 12;
item.maxStack = 999;
Tooltip.SetDefault("Emanating with pure dankness...");
item.useTurn = true;
item.autoReuse = true;
item.useAnimation = 15;
item.useTime = 10;
item.useStyle = 1;
item.consumable = true;
item.createTile = mod.TileType("DankiteOreBlock");
}

}
}

Idk whats up with that lol

dhwfb26

Terrarian
I honestly have very little knowledge about computers or tModLoader, and could really use a lot of help. I tried installing tModLoader today and colossally messed up, almost destroying my vanilla game permanently. I was lucky to get it back and still don't know what I did or didn't do right.

I'm on a MacBook Air with Mojave, and downloaded tModLoaderInstaller from the link on these forums. After following the instructions on where to put files, I downloaded Java to use tModLoaderInstaller. I got an error when trying to use Java, the description of which I forget, but basically it said it couldn't access the file. So, I tried to install it manually using the ReadMe. I followed all the instructions up to the point where it told me "You need to give execute permissions to 2 files. Open a terminal in the install directory and run the following 2 commands:
chmod +x tModLoaderServer
chmod +x Terraria"

I have no idea how to open Terminal in the "install directory," since I am not sure where or what that is. After gaining no information on this, even through searching on these forums, Reddit, etc., I gave up and had to delete the tModLoader files to get Terraria working properly. I clearly deleted some of the wrong ones as it wasn't working, and finally I added a couple files back which apparently made Terraria open and run properly again. I have no idea which file or files that I added back made this work again.

Not really sure how anyone here can help, but basically I'd love advice on what to do about the Java error or, alternatively, how to execute the step in the ReadMe that I quoted above. Also, what do I do with the original Terraria file and other related files to make sure that (a) they aren't overwritten, (b) I can tell they're not a part of tModLoader and (c) I don't delete them? Sorry that I'm so dumb, I just really want to play Terraria with mods and can't figure anything out.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
Is there a way of making Terraria draw a projectile on tModLoader? I need that to make my companions be able to use weapons like spears, without only showing up the shader.

Shinzaru

Terrarian
Is there a way of making Terraria draw a projectile on tModLoader? I need that to make my companions be able to use weapons like spears, without only showing up the shader.
I would take a look at the WeaponOut open source mod. Definitely seems like something that would help you, as it does a lot of custom drawing. It certainly is possible.

Nakano15

Duke Fishron
I would take a look at the WeaponOut open source mod. Definitely seems like something that would help you, as it does a lot of custom drawing. It certainly is possible.
Actually I found out how to do that, but forgot to update my post.
Thanks anyway.

True Hitoare

Steampunker
EDIT: NEVERMIND, apparently he...had HamstarHelpers in his mod folder for some reason? And deleting that file fixed it?? I have no idea how that happened, but...well, it apparently works now, so...yeah.

Friend of mine is trying to install tModLoader for the first time, but he's running into a problem that I never had, and I can't figure it out. Whenever he tries to open the Mod Browser, the game crashes out with the following error:

Code:
9/27/2019 5:22:17 PM
System.Exception: !ModHelpers.BeginModBrowserPopulateCheck.IsModBrowserListPopulated - Invalid modList
   at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Menus.ModTags.ModBrowserTagsMenuContext.BeginModBrowserPopulateCheck(UIState modBrowserUi)
   at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Menus.ModTags.ModBrowserTagsMenuContext.Show(UIState ui)
   at HamstarHelpers.Services.Menus.MenuContextServiceManager.LoadUI(UIState ui)
   at HamstarHelpers.Services.Menus.MenuContextServiceManager.Update()
   at HamstarHelpers.Services.Menus.MenuContextServiceManager._Update(GameTime gametime)
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
He hasn't had a chance to install any mods yet since he can't even get into the Mod Browser in the first place -- which just makes me even more confused by the references to HamstarHelpers. Similar problem when opening the Mods menu -- game becomes unresponsive or crashes. Tried verify, deleting config.json, reinstalling Terraria.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gustone

Eye of Cthulhu
Can I compile a mod that didnt have the source in when i extracted it but the dlls are there

Last edited:

Lunaris

Skeletron Prime
So, I just updated tmodloader from 10.5 to 11.4, and whenever I go to the Mod Browser, Terraria closes and I get this error:

System.Exception:
!ModHelpers.BeginModBrowserPopulateCheckisModBrowserListPopula ted - Invalid modList at

HamstarHelpers.Internals.Menus.ModTags.ModBrowserTagsMenuConte xt.BeginModBrowserPopulateCheck(UIState modBrowserUi) at

HamstarHelpersinternals.Menus.ModTags.ModBrowserTagsMenuConte xt.Show(UlState ui) at

HamstarHelpers.Services.Menus.MenuContextSetviceManager.LoadUI(U1 State ui) at

HamstarHelpers.Services.Menus.MenuContextSetviceManager.Updatel) at

HamstarHelpers.Services. Menus. Menu ContextServiceManager _Update( GameTime gametime) at

System.Actiorelinvokeff obj) at

Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime) at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFramel) at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.TickQ at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Hostldle(Object sender, EventArgs e) at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.Onldlel) at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFramel) at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Applicationldle(Object sender, EventArgs e) at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Fo rms.UnsafeNativeMethods.1MsoComponent.FDoldle(Int32 grfidlef) at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windo ws.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessa geLoop(IntPtr dwComponentlD, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData) at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopin ner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(In t32 reason, ApplicationContext context) at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunQ at

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun) at

Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_Q

How do I fix this?

PleXquared

Steampunker
downedBoss1 = false;
downedBoss2 = false;
downedBoss3 = false;
which of these is the eye of cthulhu, eater of worlds, and brain of cthulhu?

So I'm a pretty new modder, and this is my code. I'm trying to make a clone of the Enchanted Boomerang to test out projectiles, but I keep receiving the message "error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'ModProjectile' could not be found. I'm confused by this since this is the exact same as in the example code on the "Basic Projectile"

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace TestMod.Projectiles
{
public class NanorangProjectile : ModProjectile
{
public override void SetStaticDefaults()
{
DisplayName.SetDefault("English Display Name Here");
}

{
projectile.CloneDefaults(ProjectileID.EnchantedBoomerang);
// projectile.aiStyle = 3; This line is not needed since CloneDefaults sets it.
aiType = ProjectileID.EnchantedBoomerang;
}

// Additional hooks/methods here.
}
}

Xlsfd

Terrarian
I've got a problem with one of the files in my mod. I've tried to add the special arrows fired from the Shadowflame Bow as an actual, craftable item, which wasn't hard as the projectile already exists in-game.

However, when I tried to make an "Endless Quiver"-style item for these new arrows, an error occured, specifically error CS0117. The code that causes the error is as follows

ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ModItem.ShadowflameArrow, 4000);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.CrystalBall);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();

Specifically, the AddIngredient line is the one causing the error. Any advice on how to fix this?

Attachments

Geecko

Official Terrarian
I've got a problem with one of the files in my mod. I've tried to add the special arrows fired from the Shadowflame Bow as an actual, craftable item, which wasn't hard as the projectile already exists in-game.

However, when I tried to make an "Endless Quiver"-style item for these new arrows, an error occured, specifically error CS0117. The code that causes the error is as follows

ModRecipe recipe = new ModRecipe(mod);
recipe.AddIngredient(ModItem.ShadowflameArrow, 4000);
recipe.AddTile(TileID.CrystalBall);
recipe.SetResult(this);
recipe.AddRecipe();

Specifically, the AddIngredient line is the one causing the error. Any advice on how to fix this?
replace ModItem.ShadowflameArrow with mod.ItemType("ShadowflameArrow");

Xetaxheb

Terrarian
For some reason I am getting this error when I launch a freshly installed "tML 64 0.11.4 Windows.7z" installed on a fresh download of whatever the latest non-beta steam version is, whether through steam or through explorer directory (and I deleted "../my documents/terraria" prior)

GhostSeed123

Terrarian
So ever since tmodloader got updated I am unable to launch it, the error message "Please ensure steam is logged in and running" appears. I've resetted, uninstalled steam, and messed around with a ton things, yet I cant find whats wrong any help?

Ziiio

Terrarian
ModCompile folder is missing. Please help. I downloaded ModCompile XNA already, unzip it into Terraria. But the error keep appearing :(

Top Bottom