On A Rail
Mirror (coming soon)
Note: Requires Mod Helpers
This mod introduces a deceptively simple concept: Your spawn point is now a rail-bound train. Think minecart, but you do not carry it with you. Dying, warping (Magic Mirror, Recall Potion, etc.), or (re)joining a game returns you to your train no matter what (or where).
To help you adjust to life on the move, you'll begin with some track rails to spare, and the merchant now sells them as well. Train Tunnel Kits are also available for traversing caves quickly (see the short video above).
Current features (subject to change before main release):
- Each player has their own train, per world. It now replaces your default spawn/recall point permanently. Must stay on rails to move.
- Trains give +20 defense while riding, and move faster than a basic minecart. You cannot jump high with them, though.
- Train tunnels can now be crafted. They allow quickly moving past dense terrain obstructions underground without tedious pickaxe excavating. Only usable by train. Must be placed on sections of wall, and require an area with walls for the exit tunnel to place.
- Extensible Inventory compatibility. Extended inventory pages now available only when mounted on your train.
- Train requires fuel to move.
Building and mining cannot occur if too far away from your train (maybe?).
- Trains can be upgraded and extended with cars for added abilities.
- All functions of a normal base (npcs, storage, defense, etc.) can be consolidated into the ultimate mobile base.
Since this is a work-in-progress, you won't find this beta on the mod browser yet. Also, this is only lightly tested in multiplayer.