PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Console's button settings are available, but we've also designed a new set of controls we feel would be more comfortable / intuitive.
And if you don't like either setup, it's customizable - there's also settings for thumbstick sensitivity and suchs.
Even better :D
I can't wait for this update, thank you so much! :)

All controllers have the same icons on pc.

And February launch is definitly a possibility. (NOT A PROMISE!)
Interesting. Since the update, according to this post, is "Right around the Corner," this must mean that the update will be out around the "corner of the month," so most likely February. I'ma excited :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Interesting. Since the update, according to this post, is "Right around the Corner," this must mean that the update will be out around the "corner of the month," so most likely February. I'ma excited :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Cenx said February is a possibility, but not a promise.

Personally, I prefer the Morse and keyboard. I have Terraria XBox 360 which I play a lot (Because my COMPUTER isn't working!) And I personally feel PC mouse and keyboard have more precise movement and aim.

Just wondering. With this new update, will players have the ability to set control's to the 4 and 5 buttons on a mouse?

Not something I'd use personally, though I suppose some people enjoy a controller, I guess?

If it weren't for the precision control needed to dig and build, I'd consider it for the aimbot to make battles a little easier, but I don't really feel like having to put the controller down, use the keyboard, then pick the controller up again etc.

But it's nice to have for those who want it, I suppose. One less thing Console Players can claim that their version has that ours doesn't, lol.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454114153,1454113877][/DOUBLEPOST]
Excellent! This is very exciting to see PC Terraria be compatible with Xbox Controllers!

So.....XBox controllers only?

I wish Micro$uck would get off their butts and actually update support for non-Xbox controllers. Yah, yah, I know M$ sells XBox controllers and it is in their best interest to edge out the competition, but it still stinks that they try to railroad everybody into using XBox controllers.

Side-scrolling on Analog = BIG FAT NO.

I have never, ever, ever had a good experience with 2D games on analog sticks. Analog sticks are for 3d, D-Pads are for 2-D. The Xbox controller's D-pad is too far away from the handle to really be used as a main control method, unless you have huge hands.

So.....XBox controllers only?

I didn't forget about the PS4 Controller compatibility or other types of custom controllers. I was mainly excited about the Xbox part of this announcement of it since I use a Xbox Controller for some of the games I play. It is good that it will be compatible with several types of controllers overall.

I didn't forget about the PS4 Controller compatibility or other types of custom controllers. I was mainly excited about the Xbox part of this announcement of it since I use a Xbox Controller for some of the games I play. It is good that it will be compatible with several types of controllers overall.

Oh, so it WILL be compatible with non-XB controllers? That's good news. I was gonna say, that didn't sound like something RE-Logic would do. I know lots of indie devs get lazy about partial controller support (XB and only XB), but I didn't think Re-Logic would do something like that unless there were no other way.

Oh, so it WILL be compatible with non-XB controllers? That's good news. I was gonna say, that didn't sound like something RE-Logic would do. I know lots of indie devs get lazy about partial controller support (XB and only XB), but I didn't think Re-Logic would do something like that unless there were no other way.

Aside from Xbox/Playstation/Steam Controller and Nintendo Controllers (N64/ Gamecube) I'm not sure what other types of controllers are out there. Considering most controllers are based either off of Xbox or Playstation as far as I know I'd guess that anything based off of those 2 at the minimum would be compatible. I'd guess Steam Controller will likely also get support eventually, but I wouldn't know about other types of controllers are out there beyond those 3.

I am still curious how using a controller will work on Terraria. It sounds like it is difficult to do considering the precision needed for digging/building, but people are already doing it on the Console version so the controls must be good enough to allow the player to play well I would think. I'll soon be able to find out what its like for Terraria, and if its too difficult I can switch back to Keyboard/Mouse.

Aside from Xbox/Playstation/Steam Controller and Nintendo Controllers (N64/ Gamecube) I'm not sure what other types of controllers are out there. Considering most controllers are based either off of Xbox or Playstation as far as I know I'd guess that anything based off of those 2 at the minimum would be compatible. I'd guess Steam Controller will likely also get support eventually, but I wouldn't know about other types of controllers are out there beyond those 3.

There are a ton of third-party controllers out there.

I, myself, use a USB->PS2 adapter that allows me to hook a dualshock controller up to my PC. My PC sees it as a generic USB gamepad and all of the buttons work (but no analog sticks or vibration which is OK -- I just use it for emulated stuff and similar things).

I am still curious how using a controller will work on Terraria. It sounds like it is difficult to do considering the precision needed for digging/building, but people are already doing it on the Console version so the controls must be good enough to allow the player to play well I would think. I'll soon be able to find out what its like for Terraria, and if its too difficult I can switch back to Keyboard/Mouse.

AFAIK, Smart Cursor is used for Digging and Building, and there's an aimbot for combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom