Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Performance issues are semi-known but I want to give my data on it.

Windows 7, Skype running, Fullscreen OFF: 40ish FPS
Windows 7, Skype running, Fullscreen ON: Smooth 60 FPS

My workaround is to enable fullscreen and the lag goes away. Inconvenient but doable. Also, PC is pretty strong so it's... weird. GF's computer is weaker, on Windows 10, but doesn't seem affected.

Other bugs:
Journey mode items: Not all items are visible when sorting by filters in Journey mode. Dyes, for example, should be in Misc, but aren't.
Block Swap: Cannot block swap: Signs with each other, or chests with trapped chests.

Really weird one: Lever placed on a tinkerer's workbench, when used (next to a wall? not sure) will disappear for other players but not for you. Super awkward. Makes a POOF of destruction on their side. -- Edit: Okay I can't figure out what is going on, it seems to happen when the switch is inside a 3-wide enclosed space next to actuators and attaching itself above ground level. On a table, platform, wall. When I put it on the floor, it worked okay, but nothing else in that mini-airlock worked.

Last edited:
We are looking into performance issues and potentially improving the Journey mode filter system. Note that the current Journey mode filter sorting isn't a bug, just not very inclusive (there are many things that aren't included in any tabs).

Block Swap ONLY works on blocks and chests. Trapped Chests are a different item entirely, and Signs would not swap.

I also have some performance drop compared to older versions on windows 7, but I think that's not a problem but rather a price for new dynamic effects, luck calculations, etc. Also please note that on win7 settings might not work in windowed mode, it depends on OS settings, while fullscreen is fully application controlled. Vsync may definitely have a performance impact.

Though I also have to report that underground mushroom biomes cause severe lag on my system. It depends on the number of enemies but it doesn't happen in any other biome.

Just gonna say this again because its horrible misinformation: "Luck calculations" do not appreciably impact performance. Terraria calculates thousands of things per second, every second, of gameplay. One more thing does not cause that to suddenly be too laggy, including luck.

Back
Top Bottom